Thread: Mapleleafs goalie on Nelson Mandela ," One of the most known athletes in the world "

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Mapleleafs goalie on Nelson Mandela ," One of the most known athletes in the world "

When asked about his knowledge of Nelson Mandela, Jonathan Bernier gave a rather unexpected answer.

Without missing a beat he said: "He’s one of the most known athletes in the world. He had a lot of impact in any kind of sport that he did. Even playing hockey…everyone knows him right? From being the kind of person he was off the ice and on the ice."

http://www.channel24.co.za/Viral/Awk...event-20141212

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Mapleleafs goalie on Nelson Mandela ," One of the most known athletes in the worl

Wow. Is it possible Mandela played hockey in his spare time?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Re: Mapleleafs goalie on Nelson Mandela ," One of the most known athletes in the worl

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Wow. Is it possible Mandela played hockey in his spare time?

I think so, but in Europe not in the States

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

thats so embarrassing....he just keeps going and going......

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

The fact that no one corrected him made it even funnier.

Kinda gives credence to the "dumb jock" stereotype, does it not?

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Same thing when Joe Namath was on Sirius a couple of years ago and kept on referring to Moonball as Joe Falco.
    All Defense!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Same thing when Joe Namath was on Sirius a couple of years ago and kept on referring to Moonball as Joe Falco.
    Like when Solomon Wilcotts calls Roethlisberger "Rottlessburger?" Or Rashard Mendenhall "Mendinghall?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Too many pucks to the head.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Randy Cross called Bennie Cunningham "Benji" Cunningham.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Mandela was quite the Renaissance man...

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Ryan Monday....they still don't get it right.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Like when Solomon Wilcotts calls Roethlisberger "Rottlessburger?" Or Rashard Mendenhall "Mendinghall?"
    Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Randy Cross called Bennie Cunningham "Benji" Cunningham.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Still my favorite!

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

you could have stopped at "mapleleaf" :P

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Mandela was quite the Renaissance man...

Dumb Pucker!

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    you could have stopped at "mapleleaf" :P
    No mystery as to why we haven't won the Cup since '67. And no hope for the near future.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    No mystery as to why we haven't won the Cup since '67.
    I guess that's like being a Browns fan in Football.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    I guess that's like being a Browns fan in Football.
    Yeah, except it seems we love to lose. Seriously, if the Leafs ever won the Cup, they would make less money in the years following. Once that stigma is removed, I think the fans can't love to hate them anymore.

Banned Array title="LloydWoodson is a glorious beacon of light">

Re: Mapleleafs goalie on Nelson Mandela ," One of the most known athletes in the world "

Haha I live the "Woodcock" blooper because that is an instant nickname to teammates.