Thread: Ray Rice eligible to sign

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

Ray Rice eligible to sign

Won his appeal who wants him
    "It comes with the Territory" - Floyd 'Money' Mayweather

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Re: Ray Rice eligible to sign

what a joke..
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

I'd say yeah, to hell with morality.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Wonder if he can sue Good L.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

The Steelers should do it just to piss off Der Fuhrer.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Sign him up! All for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Press Release

NFLPA Statement on Ray Rice Ruling
    Posted: 11/28/2014

For Immediate Release
    November 28, 2014

NFL PLAYERS ASSOCIATION STATEMENT ON RAY RICE RULING

This decision is a victory for a disciplinary process that is fair and transparent. This union will always stand up and fight for the due process rights of our players. While we take no pleasure in seeing a decision that confirms what we have been saying about the Commissioner's office acting arbitrarily, we hope that this will bring the NFL owners to the collective bargaining table to fix a broken process. It is clear that this decision should force the NFL to embrace neutral arbitration as part of a necessary due process in all cases. The players thank Judge Barbara Jones for her time and thoroughness in this matter.
    -- NFL Players Association

https://nflpa.com/news/all-news/nflp...ay-rice-ruling

This is what it's all about.

Personally, I think Rice should be in jail.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Ray Rice wins appeal

Former Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice has won his appeal of an indefinite suspension and has been reinstated to the NFL.

Rice is now eligible to sign with any NFL team.

"I would like to thank Judge Barbara Jones, the NFL Players Association, my attorneys, agents, advisors, family, friends and fans -- but most importantly, my wife Janay," Rice said in a statement released by the NFLPA on Friday. "I made an inexcusable mistake and accept full responsibility for my actions.

"I am thankful that there was a proper appeals process in place to address this issue. I will continue working hard to improve myself and be the best husband, father and friend, while giving back to my community and helping others to learn from my mistakes."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...-reinstatement

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Too bad Pats* already picked up Blount. Rice would fit in to that culture.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Another thing...Roger could not have possibly fucked this up any more. If he had suspended Rice for at least 8 games right off the bat, this entire mess could have been avoided, other than the obvious appeal by Rice and the NFLPA. Just another reason why the guy needs to be gone, like yesterday.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Well, that's good in the sense that it's a blow against Goodell and his "make it up as I go along" policy on discipline, rules and just about anything else having to do with the league. Don't get me wrong; I think very little of Ray Rice. But the incompetent button-mashing and probably outright lying by Goodell on that one just stole the show.

As far as I'm concerned, the final word on the Rice situation came when the Ravens released him, and was pretty clear his reputation is so toxic that it would be shocking if he came back to play for any team in under a year, if ever. The rest was just Goodell off to the side slapping himself and falling on his ass over and over.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

The ESPN story from his wife was interesting though -- if a tad on the "make Ray seem human" side, which she pretty much admitted.

I think Rice's problem isn't as much the domestic violence charge (let's face it, he's not the first player to deal with that) but his declining skills as a running back. If he was 25 and still a decent back, I could see one these cellar-dwellers taking a shot on him.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

If he really wanted to make a comeback, he should go to the CFL and see what happens after a year or 2. Otherwise, f him and GoodHell and Ozzie and their scumbag owner and their whiny coach and their sesame street QB

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

If Ozzie didn't already, this arbitration report makes it perfectly clear Goodell lied about not knowing the truth. They wanted a quick punishment that got it out of the media quickly and they got caught with their pants down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Another thing...Roger could not have possibly fucked this up any more. If he had suspended Rice for at least 8 games right off the bat, this entire mess could have been avoided, other than the obvious appeal by Rice and the NFLPA. Just another reason why the guy needs to be gone, like yesterday.
    Yep. I really hope that this comes back to bite ol Roger in the ass but I seriously doubt if anything ends up happening to him.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

XT and Steelman both hit on my main points. Steelman nailed it when he said that Rice's major problem relative to future employment is obviously declining skills. Why bring in a hot button issue to your team when the guy doesn't appear to have any game left? I would be surprised to see anyone sign him for the remainder of this season. Maybe someone will give him a chance and bring him in to OTA's next spring?

But the bigger issue is how badly Goodell screwed this up from the word go. And worse yet was how he continually bungled things as they further evolved. If Goodell was an NFL qb this would be his progression. First throw a pick six. Come back the next series and have a butt fumble. Then throw another pick six, and in the process roll up on your best lineman chasing the play and tear up his knee. Come back the following series and waste a timeout before getting off the next play from scrimmage. Then take a delay penalty. Then intentionally ground the ball when you had receivers open and time to get them the ball. In other words he was Tommy Maddox vs the Texans in 2002!

The league should take notice of how poorly their 30 million dollar a year moron handled things. You don't have to have a law degree or a Mensa level IQ to understand that two games weren't enough from the get go. Then to have your stooges go on national tv and defend the move while you hide in your bunker, that was weak. Then double down on stupid by revisiting your decision in what clearly amounted to double jeopardy and claim you didn't have information that you clearly did or easily could have had had you made any reasonable effort. In other words you lied and got caught in you lies. You embarrassed the league. You damaged the shield and need to pay a price.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Dwinsgames

I hear walmart is hiring buggy pushers

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    I hear walmart is hiring buggy pushers
    A Walmart buggy pusher probably would have handled Rice's situation better than Goodell did. Would have been hard to do any worse.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Attention Raiders' front office!!!!!!! You have a collect call from beyond ........ its a Mr. Davis.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    Attention Raiders' front office!!!!!!! You have a collect call from beyond ........ its a Mr. Davis.
    That took longer than I thought it would.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    That took longer than I thought it would.

Just missing the Al ..... he had a way about him.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    A Walmart buggy pusher probably would have handled Rice's situation better than Goodell did. Would have been hard to do any worse.

A Walmart buggy pusher? Hell, a dead cat could've handled it better.

I'm 100% serious. It couldn't say or do any stupid shit; therefore, it's already done a better job than Goodell just by sitting there being dead.

As a bonus, after a week or two, someone would probably come by and throw it in the garbage can, and then you'd be rid of it.

Hopefully it would be the garbage can and not the recycling, because if you worked at the recycling place that would be dag nasty.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

[Editor’s note: PFT has obtained a copy of a memo sent Friday to the chief executives and club presidents of every team by NFL general counsel Jeff Pash. The full text of the memo appears below.]

No part of Judge Jones’s decision questions the Commissioner’s honesty or integrity, nor his good faith consideration of the issue when he imposed the indefinite suspension on Mr. Rice. Nor is there any suggestion that the Commissioner had seen the video from inside the elevator before it became public, or knew of the contents of the video.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...y-rice-ruling/

What a crock 'o shit.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Yea, I read that this morning. F'ing ridiculous!
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    [Editor’s note: PFT has obtained a copy of a memo sent Friday to the chief executives and club presidents of every team by NFL general counsel Jeff Pash. The full text of the memo appears below.]

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...y-rice-ruling/

What a crock 'o shit.

Just when you think he can't dig his hole of stupidity any deeper....

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

one of the things in the new Personal Conduct Policy ,that 6 games min is not true see below .

With a new baseline discipline of a six-game suspension without pay, adjusted for aggravating or mitigating factors,

sounds like its still up to the honest and always true full , gooddell

also I did not see it in this report but is it still 6 games when accusations are made ??
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Quote Originally Posted by T&B fan View Post
    also I did not see it in this report but is it still 6 games when accusations are made ??

No, it can't be automatic, otherwise that guy from the 49ers would've been the first to be suspended under it.

COULD they do it based on accusations? Probably. Will they? Who knows. Maybe in this case but not that one, or (more likely) when the media is expressing too much outrage about a particular case - THEN it's an automatic suspension.

It's all still set up to be an arbitrary three-ring circus, with the grand ringmaster none other than one Roger Goodell.
    See you Space Cowboy ...