Thread: Former Steeler great John Stallworth is now a tycoon and philanthropist

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Former Steeler great John Stallworth is now a tycoon and philanthropist

Great Guy!

John Stallworth is standing in one of his least favorite places, the glow of a spotlight. In a light-blue button-down shirt and dress slacks, he is behind a lectern in a concert hall in his home of Huntsville, Ala., introducing the third annual John Stallworth Legends Round Table, an event he created to inspire and influence young athletes and students.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/11/26/pro...s-philanthropy

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Re: Former Steeler great John Stallworth is now a tycoon and philanthropist

John is very smart and successful. Good for him.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Good to have his perspective on the 18 game season nonsense. And goos to see him succeed after his playing days ended. That is Noll's legacy

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

John was one of my favorites when he played and is a very level headed guy. It is good that he has been so successful after football.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I wonder what kind of a tycoon he was? I hope something like I used to be:

oh man, those games were so great for that.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

It's always been my opinion of all the old time great Steelers from the 70's teams the one who could come into today's game exactly as he was and not only transition in well, but do so where he would be right there at the top of the game is John Stallworth. Height, length, hands, speed, field awareness, strength, toughness, checks right across the board. He was built for today's game. For any era's game for that matter. He would dominate. Be right up there with Megatron as the games best.

Truth be told he was probably held back by the Steelers offensive scheme. That and of course the earlier development of Lynn Swann that had as much to do with Stallworth having early career muscle pull problems than Swann being better than him.

As far as the Steelers best ever receiver it was Stallworth. And it's not even close. No offense to anyone, but I laugh when I see people suggest Hines Ward is the Steelers best ever receiver.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    It's always been my opinion of all the old time great Steelers from the 70's teams the one who could come into today's game exactly as he was and not only transition in well, but do so where he would be right there at the top of the game is John Stallworth. Height, length, hands, speed, field awareness, strength, toughness, checks right across the board. He was built for today's game. For any era's game for that matter. He would dominate. Be right up there with Megatron as the games best.

Truth be told he was probably held back by the Steelers offensive scheme. That and of course the earlier development of Lynn Swann that had as much to do with Stallworth having early career muscle pull problems than Swann being better than him.

As far as the Steelers best ever receiver it was Stallworth. And it's not even close. No offense to anyone, but I laugh when I see people suggest Hines Ward is the Steelers best ever receiver.

Agreed Zu and a pretty clever businessman. I like how Noll tried to prep his players for life after football, what a great bunch of men from that era. We'll be hard pressed to ever see that again.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I've never heard anyone say that Stallworth wasn't the most talented Steelers receiver ever. I always thought the debate occurred after him...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I wonder what kind of a tycoon he was? I hope something like I used to be:

oh man, those games were so great for that.
    When I was a sophomore in college I solved the trade deficit while playing Sim Earth. I sank Japan with a meteor.

I also liked playing the Civilizations series. You could keep going after the game was officially over, and I would turn on cheat mode so I could build a huge nuclear stockpile and unleash it on whichever civ was the most annoying during that game. One time I polluted the world so badly that Central Asia turned into swampland.