Thread: Steelers defensive lineup gets a boost

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Steelers defensive lineup gets a boost

At various times this season, the Steelers defense has had the look of a patchwork unit. Injuries ravaged the unit early, and the lineup the defensive coaches envisioned in training camp hasn’t been available since the third week of the regular season.

The Steelers still might have to get by with some reserves again Sunday against the New Orleans Saints at Heinz Field, but five defensive players returned to practice Monday and at least three of them could be available for the game.

Cornerback Ike Taylor and safety Troy Polamalu took snaps with the first-team defense Monday after the Steelers returned from their long off weekend. Polamalu is expected to start against the Saints, but it’s too early in the week to determine if Taylor will play. He was cleared by doctors Monday morning for full contact after practicing with the team on a limited basis for a month............

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201411250098

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

Re: Steelers defensive lineup gets a boost

Definitely will be nice to have Troy back. He may not be the superstar he was a few years ago, but he brings cohesiveness and still has a little bit of that x-factor that we need back there.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

I'd be worried about Ike coming back and sucking but he can't be any worse than what we've seen to this point.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

“The timing couldn’t be better,” Taylor said of the injured players’ return. “I got tired of cheerleading. I tried to be the best cheerleader in the world. Now, being back on the field with the guys, seeing the young guys come up and make plays, it’s been exciting. To be out there with them, I feel great.”
    We know, Ike, we know. And a fine job you did.

Our defense needs to BRING IT this week.