Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twist in Blount's career raises a suspicious eyebrow

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Twist in Blount's career raises a suspicious eyebrow

Did LeGarrette Blount walk out on the Steelers so he could walk right back to the New England Patriots?

There is no evidence that occurred, but the way the whole thing transpired can raise suspicions and speculation that it was planned. Without skipping a beat, Blount went from a team fighting to make the playoffs to one among the favorites to win it all, one where he had success last season and was used more often than he was with the Steelers.

The Steelers should have made Blount pay some kind of price for walking out. They could have docked him a game check for leaving the one in Tennessee early under NFL rules that govern conduct detrimental to the team. And instead of cutting him, they could have tried to suspend him for a game as they did with former halfback Rashard Mendenhall — then cut him once that was up.

Instead, Blount is rewarded for his pouting, his attitude and his AWOL routine by stepping right into a New England uniform. The Patriots pick up another useful player at rock-bottom price, one whom Bill Belichick has coached after passing on him when he became a free agent this year..............

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201411230134

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Twist in Blount's career raises a suspicious eyebrow

The Steelers should've deactivated him for 2 weeks or suspended him for 2 weeks away from the team without pay and then reassessed the situation. They essentially gave him what he wanted...to get out. In my book the front office sort of mishandled this one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Totally disagree. The Steelers are not vengeful. They quickly cut out a cancer and allowed for someone who wanted to be there to take a roster spot.
    As far as I'm concerned, the team did the right thing. Weather it was planned or not, who cares. He's gone!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

He's yesterday's news as far as I'm concerned. Frankly, I'm glad he's away from Bell at this point.

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

he is gone bye bye .planed unplanned New England and Belichick scam or not he is gone baa bye .
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T&B fan View Post
    he is gone bye bye .planed unplanned New England and Belichick scam or not he is gone baa bye .
    Yes, he's gone and good riddance to a bad influence on a young player. But the way it happened SHOULD raise eyebrows in the league office. It put one team in a very precarious position and the other* may have gotten away with "cheating"...again.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

It's whatever at this point for me. He's gone and I'm glad he's not here to continue being a cancer in the locker room.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

The Steelers decided to cut him as opposed to suspending him, I'm fine with that, get rid of the cancer and move on. They could have been bitter and suspended him, taken his game check and who knows whatever else. They took the high road foolishly or not.

Did the cheatriots pull a slick one? Probably. Will it come to the light? Who knows?

As I said in another thread on this same subject, I believe in Karma, and we all know that Karma can come back in a very BIG way. Don't know when, or even how, but I say let Karma take care of it.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Totally disagree. The Steelers are not vengeful. They quickly cut out a cancer and allowed for someone who wanted to be there to take a roster spot.
    As far as I'm concerned, the team did the right thing. Weather it was planned or not, who cares. He's gone!
    It's not about being vengeful. It's about not setting a precedent...if Bell decides he wants out next year, or say a "lesser player" like Markus Wheaton or whomever, all they need to do is bitch a little, whine a little, walk out on the team, shove a coach and he's gone...free to go to another team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

It will be interesting to see if this comes back to bite us.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    It's not about being vengeful. It's about not setting a precedent...if Bell decides he wants out next year, or say a "lesser player" like Markus Wheaton or whomever, all they need to do is bitch a little, whine a little, walk out on the team, shove a coach and he's gone...free to go to another team.
    Fine. Let them go. If they don't want to be part of one of them best organizations in the sport, I don't want them. Why waste the energy on potentially damaging personnel. Look how long Mendy hung around.

Dwinsgames

when the Dr. cures you of cancer are you going to care about every detail other than the fact its gone ?

that is how I feel about this Blount situation ... Glad that it has been terminated

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Wow. So we are now adding this to the list of things the FO has messed up after everyone and their brother applauded the move?

Listen, I was among the first to raise an eyebrow as to whether or not this was planned all along. But the Steelers still made the right decision by getting rid of the trash before it became rotten.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Can we just take down this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I'm good with that!

Blount's gone and no longer a cancer in the Steelers' locker room. The Steelers made the right move.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    A thread lives or dies by whatever interest level it generates. If it's a subject that bothers you it's real easy. Don't click on the thread. And especially don't comment on it, because obviously that extends it further.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    A thread lives or dies by whatever interest level it generates. If it's a subject that bothers you it's real easy. Don't click on the thread. And especially don't comment on it, because obviously that extends it further.
    This.

Plus, there's no Steelers game on. I'm bored enough at work as it is. Need Steelers stuff to read.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    I'm bored enough at work as it is. Need Steelers stuff to read.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    This.

Plus, there's no Steelers game on. I'm bored enough at work as it is. Need Steelers stuff to read.

Yeah I never get that, trying to quash a fast moving thread because the topic doesn't appeal to you. It's not as if it's not easy to navigate past.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

did he do the antonio brown dance on that td?

Quote Originally Posted by JayC View Post
    Just one more reason to hate the Patriots.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayC View Post
    Of course. An unprofessional player playing for an entire team full of unprofessional players. No one should be shocked.

Ok, now I really, REALLY dislike him..... At least come up with your own routine.

So, I take it he wasn't really sorry.

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

If tampering occurred and can be proven, the NFL needs to make a MAJOR example of the Pats*.

Appropriate punishment would be a lifetime ban for Belichick and the forfeiture of the entire 2015 draft class. It would be much worse than Bountygate or Spygate, and that kind of hammer would make sure it never happened again.

And by the way, Blount has FOUR carries so far in the game and they're in the 4th quarter....

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAsteeler View Post
    And by the way, Blount has FOUR carries so far in the game and they're in the 4th quarter....
    Franchise back.

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    If tampering occurred and can be proven, the NFL needs to make a MAJOR example of the Pats*.
    Riiiiight...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Riiiiight...