Thread: Steelers Josh Harris doubts there are too many running backs with his speed

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Steelers Josh Harris doubts there are too many running backs with his speed

Josh Harris might not be as big as Le'Veon Bell or as fast as Dri Archer, but he could be a key component for the Pittsburgh Steelers running game down the stretch this season.
    Harris, an undrafted rookie free agent this year, spent the early part of this season on the Steelers practice squad after earning a spot with the team during a spring tryout. However, when LeGarrette Blount was released, Harris was promoted to the club's 53-man roster.

While his role has yet to be specifically defined, Harris -- as well as Archer -- are the only backups for Bell. Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley said that upcoming practices will determine which player gets more snaps after Bell gets his, and that could be the key for Harris.

"I bring, pretty much, speed,'' Harris said. "There aren't too many RBs ... I doubt there are too many RBs who have the speed that I do. So, I think I can bring that element to our offense in the snaps that I do get.

"I also can help on special teams, but I'm happy to just be on the field. We really haven't looked at the ways I can help this team, but once we do that then we can go from there.''..............

read more @ http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...backs-with-his

- - - Updated - - -

A running back named Harris??

How can we go wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Steelers Josh Harris doubts there are too many running backs with his speed

Advice to Josh Harris.......watch and learn from Bell.....learn his patience. And he will fly!

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

I'm anxious to see this kid in action. After all that talk of his, he damn well better produce or I'm gonna punch him in the throat.

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Advice to Josh Harris.......watch and learn from Bell.....learn his patience. And he will fly!
    Appears he was learning from Neon Deion himself !

https://twitter.com/janjakejosh/stat...639232/photo/1

https://twitter.com/janjakejosh/stat...639232/photo/1

Pittsburgh Steelers #40 @JoshHarris25 & coach @DeionSanders at Prime Prep Yates basketball game
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

He ran a 4.46. Didn't Dwyer run a 4.43 or something around there?
    Hater = Realist

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

remember what happened last time we had someone named Harris running the ball for us

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

You know what's more important? There are plenty of defenders with his speed.

Straight-line speed doesn't get you shit in the NFL; I hope he learned how to run a football some time in the last few months when no one was looking.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Straight-line speed doesn't get you shit in the NFL...
    It got Wallace $60 mil...

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

I know what you mean, but there have been plenty of guys as fast as Wallace - hell, we have two of them on our team right now (Archer and Wheaton). As much as I hate to give him credit, in his best years with us, Wallace had speed PLUS a knack for finding just the right angle or opening to put the defender at a disadvantage in the open field. There were some unforgettable plays where he seemed to just run away from people, but really they also depended on good football instincts or he'd just get tackled.

Anyway, point is guys with Harris' speed are a dime a dozen, and way more of them turn into James Jett than Rod Woodson. So I hope that's not all we're counting on. But it looks like it is.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    I'm anxious to see this kid in action. After all that talk of his, he damn well better produce or I'm gonna punch him in the throat.
    Remind me to never make you mad at me!

AML

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I don't care about his speed. He just better be able to run the ball if Bell goes down...otherwise the front office screwed up big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    As a WR, if your only dimension is speed it will do you far more good than it would at RB. At RB you have to have vision or your speed is useless. Quick feet is also way more important than top speed. Also it can't be stressed enough how important it is to know the protections and be able to block. I'm really hoping the reason we went with a guy off the PS rather than a guy off the street is that he has already proven to know our protections and is able to execute. If Ben goes down because this dude missed a block he'd better be fast... to outrun me and every other Steelers fan who wants to kill him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Well, it takes the right kind of patience. Hell, Mendy had patience. Too much of it. It's knowing when to stop waiting and where to go that are kind of important at that position.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I know what you mean, but there have been plenty of guys as fast as Wallace - hell, we have two of them on our team right now (Archer and Wheaton).

As much as I hate to give him credit, in his best years with us, Wallace had speed PLUS a knack for finding just the right angle or opening to put the defender at a disadvantage in the open field.

There were some unforgettable plays where he seemed to just run away from people, but really they also depended on good football instincts or he'd just get tackled.

Anyway, point is guys with Harris' speed are a dime a dozen, and way more of them turn into James Jett than Rod Woodson. So I hope that's not all we're counting on. But it looks like it is.
    Agreed.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant