Thread: Ike impressed with McCullers, Bryant

Senior Member Array title="one side only is a jewel in the rough"> one side only's Avatar

Ike impressed with McCullers, Bryant

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...-in-particular

The article says Big Dan played in 13 snaps (I counted 11) but that is 1/3 of the total snaps on defense. I didn't count the number of times the Steelers were in the Nickel, but I'd guess McCullers saw half the action in the base defense.

I'm looking forward to seeing him matched up against the Saints center and guards, who have not been very good lately.

I hate bye weeks!

Dwinsgames

Re: Ike impressed with McCullers, Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    One play from McCullers really stood out to me last game. It was 8:13 or so in the 1st quarter, on Tennessee's first TD. McCullers was a beast on the play. 62 just threw his guy.

that is why I wanted to draft him , guy is just so strong ( and big ) if the light ever fully comes on ... look out

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Nice job busting the guy, just a shame he couldn't complete it and make the tackle !

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    that is why I wanted to draft him , guy is just so strong ( and big ) if the light ever fully comes on ... look out
    Wow…impressive play! He moves pretty darn good too.

Senior Member Array title="one side only is a jewel in the rough"> one side only's Avatar

The light may be coming on . . .

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#axzz3JiJ5wz5F

“I had to keep working hard,” said McCullers, who was inactive for the first six games. “I want it more because they didn't see fit to use me before. So I got better in practice, and my time came. "

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by one side only View Post

“I had to keep working hard,” said McCullers, who was inactive for the first six games. “I want it more because they didn't see fit to use me before. So I got better in practice, and my time came. "

nice , like this comment too

LeBeau suggested last week that McCullers is the nose tackle of the future. He likely will get a chance to start ahead of ailing veteran Steve McLendon when the Steelers face the New Orleans Saints on Nov. 30 at Heinz Field.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

nice , like this comment too

[/COLOR][/LEFT]
    Well thats good news!

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

As I said in another thread a while back, the Steelers seemed to have something against starting young defensive players regardless of how promising they look so I don't hold it against some of these guys if they get a little discouraged. It's good to see big Dan getting his shot. Should boost his confidence.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It takes time for down linemen to learn LeBeau's system. I can't say I don't like what I've seen of Big Dan so far or what he is saying. So far...so good IMO.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Vols' 6-8 360lb NT Daniel McCullers standing next to a normal sized human.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by one side only View Post

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Work hard and you are acomplish great things. This guy has it all, and its all in his head. If he wants it bad enough he will get it. Im still not sure he can do it, but im rooting for him. Patience is a virtue.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by katmandu View Post
    The only thing I didn't like about this play was that it looks like he lost track of the QB. He sticks out his right arm two steps sooner and he the center and the QB are on their way to the goal line being chased by the guard that completely missed him.

AML

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    The only thing I didn't like about this play was that it looks like he lost track of the QB. He sticks out his right arm two steps sooner and he the center and the QB are on their way to the goal line being chased by the guard that completely missed him.
    I think that's part of the learning curve. Remember his main job is to stuff the run. On pass plays, he's somewhat lost.......hopefully that will come with coaching and reps.