Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blount release, Patriot collusion anyone?

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Re: Blount release, Patriot collusion anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    if you want to look at a strange situation check this one out ....

1 day after Blount signs back with pats , Jonas Gray over sleeps and misses practice ... ( stoned late at night ? )

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...lity-sent-home
    A smart person would use an alarm clock in conjunction with his cell phone alarm to ensure he was able to get up for work.

Or, he was stoned.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    This conspiracy theory is incredibly stupid. It makes Steeler Nation look bad and gives Steeler haters ammunition to make fun of Steeler nation
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="blackngldblood has a spectacular aura about"> blackngldblood's Avatar

The only thing in the situation that makes me go hmmmm, is that Bob Labriola(sp) was on the bus when Blount got on early and he reports his demeanor was not that of a man that was upset with his team/coaches and was walking out. He said he was smiling and acting normal.

And as far as the had to clear wavers deal, what team in their right mind claims a guy that just quit on his team and is a known problem child?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackngldblood View Post
    The only thing in the situation that makes me go hmmmm, is that Bob Labriola(sp) was on the bus when Blount got on early and he reports his demeanor was not that of a man that was upset with his team/coaches and was walking out. He said he was smiling and acting normal.

And as far as the had to clear wavers deal, what team in their right mind claims a guy that just quit on his team and is a known problem child?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. And unlike Ben Tate his salary was over double minimum salary. So a waiver claim came with more risk.

As far as conspiracy theories go, we're not exactly talking staged moon landings or middle school shootings here. All the suggestion is is that a disgruntled Blount could have put out feelers to his previous team as soon as Steven Ridley went down.

Did Blount know he woudn't get any carries versus the Titans? No. But Haley has stated that Blount was being phased out of the offense. And Blount's miserable showing against the Jets probably assured that outside of injury to Bell his carries were going to be minimal Monday night. So yeah I think there's a possibility that he knew if he forced his way out of Pittsburgh there was a soft landing waiting for him in New England.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Whoa. A touch too far perhaps?

I think Blount is kinda a dick, but to wish away a man's livelihood over football? That's a bit harsh.
    Put it this way. If Blount did in fact force his way out of Pittsburgh knowing he had a job awaiting him in Boston then yeah I hope he incurs a season ending injury on his first carry. I have no voo doo powers, so don't worry. Nothing will come of my wish.

Now here's the irony. You signed off on a wish for him to get busted out of the NFL on a drug suspension. Difference being my way he doesn't lose his money. lol:

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    As far as conspiracy theories go, we're not exactly talking staged moon landings or middle school shootings here. All the suggestion is is that a disgruntled Blount could have put out feelers to his previous team as soon as Steven Ridley went down.

Did Blount know he woudn't get any carries versus the Titans? No. But Haley has stated that Blount was being phased out of the offense. And Blount's miserable showing against the Jets probably assured that outside of injury to Bell his carries were going to be minimal Monday night. So yeah I think there's a possibility that he knew if he forced his way out of Pittsburgh there was a soft landing waiting for him in New England.
    When I first saw the thread, I had to admit, I rolled my eyes. Mainly, because I thought it was about a grand scheme to get the Steelers playbook or to take down a thread in the NFLN, neither of which the Patriots should really care about when it comes to the Steelers (unfortunately).

But what you say above carries a lot more possibility, IMO. Mainly because we know that the Patriots have a past history of skirting the rules. Yeah, he would have to clear waivers, but seriously, what risk is there? No team that would have him as a backup would touch him.

---------------

On the issue of injury, wishing injury upon someone is just ugly. It's not about voodoo powers, it's about how such a statement reflects both on the person making it and on the fan base. Personally, I think you're above it, and don't need to stoop to Cleveland Brown levels (They STILL revel in the Turkey Jones sack).

OK OK, I don't want the guy to get hurt. I just want him to come down with a bad case of "fumbilitis".

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

I dunno, but I believe in Karma. I don't know when or where, but I do BELIEVE.

You know earlier in the year we played the Texans. The commercial that ESPN used to promote this game was showing J.J.Watt and a saying that it would take more than a Towel to stop him. I like J.J. but whomever decided to promote that game in that style really doomed the Texans. Look at how that game turned with them leading going into the 1/2 and only a handful of minutes left and we were able to turn the tide and won the game because of it. I believe in the Towel and I believe in Karma.

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    OK OK, I don't want the guy to get hurt. I just want him to come down with a bad case of "fumbilitis".

I'm all for that. And hey, if he does get hurt, I won't be crying over it, I'll tell ya that much. Or, to use a once and current Steelers linebacker concept, I'll wish all types of hurt on him, just not injury.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Hopefully he desecrated a towel after being released and didn't get caught and we play the Pats in the playoffs