Thread: What's Ahead for Pens without Dupuis

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

What's Ahead for Pens without Dupuis

Penguins forward Pascal Dupuis will be out for at least the next six months while he takes blood thinners to combat a blood clot in his lung. The Pens unfortunately have grown accustomed to dealing with such scenarios regarding their team.

The team’s first concern is with Dupuis’ health and his family.

But for general manager Jim Rutherford, associate GM Jason Botterill and head coach Mike Johnston, their job is to fill the void left by Dupuis.

Here’s how Dupuis’ absence will affect the team.

WHAT’S AHEAD FOR DUPUIS
    Dupuis will be on blood thinners for at least the next six months. That means he cannot participate in any type of contact sport that may cause bleeding. However, he can remain active by working out and keeping his conditioning up.

Six months from now would be mid-May. If the Pens make a deep playoff run and Dupuis’ blood clot subsides, there is an outside chance that he could return to the team. That is an optimistic view. In the meantime though, the team has to prepare as if Dupuis is not an option.

WHAT’S LOST
    Dupuis is a top-6 winger and a member of arguably the best line in hockey with Chris Kunitz and Sidney Crosby. He’s been a highly productive offensive player. Dupuis registered 20 goals in two of the past three seasons – the season he didn’t was last year when his season was cut short due to an ACL/MCL sprain......

read more @ http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...t-twt-penguins

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

Re: What's Ahead for Pens without Dupuis

First thing first, get well Pascal! The season will take care of itself, you take care of yourself.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go!" -- John Muir