Thread: As Blount walked, Porter called

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

As Blount walked, Porter called

Veteran Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel knows something about contributing to a successful football program. There was a time when he didn't, though. Back then, Keisel said, Joey Porter was one of the players ready to teach.
    Like any good teacher, Porter doesn't stop reinforcing a lesson after class is dismissed. He was that way as a player. He is that way as an assistant coach.

Porter took running back LeGarrette Blount to school Monday night, offering a final lesson before a necessary expulsion of a problem child..........

Read more @ http://triblive.com/mobile/7177901-9...orter-steelers

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Re: As Blount walked, Porter called

Good decision Tomlin.

Love Porter's passion and intensity.

My kind of coach.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Good read.... thanks for sharing !

Dwinsgames

one of the better ones I have read to date ... sounds like this has been brewing since training camp ... actually kind of surprised he was with the team this long considering ( could easily have been cut in August )

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Good decision Tomlin.

My kind of coach.
    Agreed!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Good decision Tomlin.

My kind of coach.
    Yep. Agree here too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

He is no charity case as a first-year defensive assistant. He is a chest-bumping, high-pitch screaming, tone-setting presence.

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Veteran Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel knows something about contributing to a successful football program. There was a time when he didn't, though. Back then, Keisel said, Joey Porter was one of the players ready to teach.

Like any good teacher, Porter doesn't stop reinforcing a lesson after class is dismissed. He was that way as a player. He is that way as an assistant coach.

Porter took running back LeGarrette Blount to school Monday night, offering a final lesson before a necessary expulsion of a problem child..........

Read more @ http://triblive.com/mobile/7177901-9...orter-steelers
    Great read.

What a damn waste of physical skills and a once in a lifetime opportunity. Another example is Rashad Mendenhall. What another knucklehead!

These guys have ALL the physical measurables and talents a person could wish for yet they are MENTAL MIDGETS and emotional pussies !

This Blunt case just highlights the need for coaches (and FANS) to scrutinize (much more) a potential player's (DRAFTEE's) mental and emotional IQ BEFORE they are signed ! A player's heart (Warrior mentality and team loyalty) MUST be highly considered as well.

Way too much emphasis is placed on a potential (Draftee) player's Stats and measureables IMHO.

Look how long it's taken for Mike Adams to "wake-up" and finally start becoming a Warrior!
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

I'd rather bring attention to Porter than Blount, because Porter was everything a Pittsburgher would want in a Steeler on Monday night.

Porter is a Steeler.

Blount is just some guy who barely played.

This. Obviously.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post

Down goes Porter.....but you gotta love the effort.