Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blount not only one needing shown the door - boot #23 too

Dwinsgames

Blount not only one needing shown the door - boot #23 too

Last edited by Dwinsgames; 11-18-2014 at 07:28 AM.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Re: Blount not only one needing shown the door 23 too

Nothing appears to have properly loaded. Is it my iPad or Dwins post?
    Hater = Realist

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Nothing appears to have properly loaded. Is it my iPad or Dwins post?
    its your ipad ...

seeing it here no issues ...

screen shots of Mike Mitchell telling a fan to go kill themselves

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    its your ipad ...

seeing it here no issues ...

screen shots of Mike Mitchell telling a fan to go kill themselves
    not seeing anything , I am on a laptop
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Senior Member Array title="The Bark is a jewel in the rough"> The Bark's Avatar

Not seeing anything either. Not defending Blount, don't know the circumstances and really don't care to, but after watching Bell's performance last night I had a flashback to Tomlin saying they'd run Willie Parker until his wheels came off. Bell looks great, I just hope he's durable and not heading toward a similar fate.

Dwinsgames

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

see it now ?

Senior Member Array title="The Bark is a jewel in the rough"> The Bark's Avatar

Yes, I see it. Yeah, I guess it's time to ban all players from social media. Be interesting to see how Tomlin handles this and the Blount situation. Heaven forbid they let him walk and Bell gets hurt.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Blount not only one needing shown the door 23 too

Where's the fans responses? Hard to condemn a guy without the "whole story." And where does Blount come into this?

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Where's the fans responses? Hard to condemn a guy without the "whole story." And where does Blount come into this?
    Blount for his walking away that is well documented in other threads ..

can only post what is provided , however when a public figure you have to know when to walk away from internet baiting ( if that is even what this was we simply just do not know ) it tarnishes the teams image and Goodells shield ...

You do not tell people to kill themselves , you just don't esp if you are an athlete under contract bound to a team and are then a rep of that team ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Blount for his walking away that is well documented in other threads ..

can only post what is provided , however when a public figure you have to know when to walk away from internet baiting ( if that is even what this was we simply just do not know ) it tarnishes the teams image and Goodells shield ...

You do not tell people to kill themselves , you just don't esp if you are an athlete under contract bound to a team and are then a rep of that team ...
    I thought Blount was in the Twitter war here too.

I can't condemn Mitchell without seeing the fans response first. We don't know if the fan said he wished rape on his daughter or something sick and obnoxious.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I thought Blount was in the Twitter war here too.

I can't condemn Mitchell without seeing the fans response first. We don't know if the fan said he wished rape on his daughter or something sick and obnoxious.

based on what we do see , its nothing like that ...perhaps money ( based on what we see )

the internet is full of fools , learn to adjust or don't use it ( just like you and me ) but when in the spotlight like athletes are you have to be able to use the ignore / block function instead of hostility ... Mitchell failed in that department just like he fails to wrap up on tackle attempts ...

the 64th ranked S in the NFL should have a lot more to worry about than telling fans to kill themselves

Re: Blount not only one needing shown the door - boot #23 too

I would like to see the comments from the other party. Perhaps he was giving them a taste of their own medicine. Also, I am assuming the other party had to have started it. I am not as concerned with Mitchell's harmless Internet chat as I am with his lazy play on the TD pass he watched.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    I would like to see the comments from the other party. Perhaps he was giving them a taste of their own medicine. Also, I am assuming the other party had to have started it. I am not as concerned with Mitchell's harmless Internet chat as I am with his lazy play on the TD pass he watched.
    Maybe this is a leap, but perhaps there is a connection between the two. If Mitchell was the type of person who reacted well to criticism (like whatever random twitter comment provoked him) perhaps he'd also be the type of person to learn from his mistakes on the field and improve rather than just get pissy. Maybe he doesn't react well to being coached either. I'm obviously just theorizing here, but personality is personality. This is who Mitchell is and he doesn't seem like a guy who takes the best approach to difficult (and even not so difficult) situations.

Could you imagine Troy reacting like this to anyone? Fan, coach, random person on the street? No way. Okay, Troy is an especially kind human being but most of the greats take responsibility and are their own harshest critics (without losing their shit).

Just me playing pop psychologist. And so far Mitchell has rubbed me the wrong way on multiple fronts.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Now we are going to fire people for random shit they say on social media? No one under the age of 35 would be able to hold down a job.

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Now we are going to fire people for random shit they say on social media? No one under the age of 35 would be able to hold down a job.

he has not got magic powers to wish anything and make it true ... that said it was in poor taste
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T&B fan View Post

he has not got magic powers to wish anything and make it true ... that said it was in poor taste
    No doubt. Mitchell's comments were dumb and classless for sure. But so what?

That being sad, Mitchell is looking more and more like the bust he was when he was an overdrafted Raider pick and not the one year wonder that it seems increasingly likely that benefited from playing behind a ridiculous front 7 in Carolina last season.

He seems like kinda of a knucklehead and not that bright. At least his contract has some early "out years".

Dwinsgames

That being sad, Mitchell is looking more and more like the bust he was when he was an overdrafted Raider pick and not the one year wonder that it seems increasingly likely that benefited from playing behind a ridiculous front 7 in Carolina last season.

He seems like kinda of a knucklehead and not that bright. At least his contract has some early "out years".

pretty much the point , classless dumbass that is the 64th ranked starting S in the NFL , he is replaceable and I guarantee whomever you put in his place does no worse than 64th ranked ( only 64 stating S in the dam league ) so why put up with his stupidity and poor play ....

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Maybe this is a leap, but perhaps there is a connection between the two. If Mitchell was the type of person who reacted well to criticism (like whatever random twitter comment provoked him) perhaps he'd also be the type of person to learn from his mistakes on the field and improve rather than just get pissy. Maybe he doesn't react well to being coached either. I'm obviously just theorizing here, but personality is personality. This is who Mitchell is and he doesn't seem like a guy who takes the best approach to difficult (and even not so difficult) situations.

Could you imagine Troy reacting like this to anyone? Fan, coach, random person on the street? No way. Okay, Troy is an especially kind human being but most of the greats take responsibility and are their own harshest critics (without losing their shit).

Just me playing pop psychologist. And so far Mitchell has rubbed me the wrong way on multiple fronts.
    It's very possible : )
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

What a crap thread. Rambling on about shit no one know's anything about. Let it drop !

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    What a crap thread. Rambling on about shit no one know's anything about. Let it drop !
    guess you are ok with a member of the organization telling a member of the fan base to go kill themselves .... have a look on twitter most disagree with your sediments

The day I start basing my responses and reactions to things based on the trends on Twitter is the day I stop interacting with the world.

I prefer to argue my opinions as God intended, on message board!

I honestly could care less what any of these dudes do or do not post on Twitter. I only care what they do for 60 minutes on Sundays. In that context Mitchell sucks. As I said previously, clearly his play with the Raiders is more what should be expected, not his one really good year playing behind a dominant front in Carolina.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

guess you are ok with a member of the organization telling a member of the fan base to go kill themselves .... have a look on twitter most disagree with your sediments

I'm perfectly fine with that.

I still don't quite understand why the NFL has set itself up as some sort of extrajudicial morality police, but it has gotten ridiculous and you have to draw the line somewhere. Firing people for arguing with dumbfucks on the Internet is where I draw that line.

I don't give half a shit what celebrities or athletes say on Twitter. Nothing important happens. Ooh, so-and-so said something offensive, let's all get worked up and demand swift action.

Well, no. Call the guy a jerk and move on. Not really any need to go all Thought Police over crap like that.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Time to ban athletes from using social media, folks. Because clearly too many of them do not understand the concept of blocking obvious trolls giving them shit.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Time to ban athletes from using social media, folks. Because clearly too many of them do not understand the concept of blocking obvious trolls giving them shit.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Apparently, Mitchell is being told to stay off Twitter.

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

TMZ is not for everyone.
    "It comes with the Territory" - Floyd 'Money' Mayweather

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

I think an important point is being missed in this thread.

When you are a "Professional" athlete, it goes without saying your actions reflect directly on your Team (Organization).

When you go out and make PUBLIC comments that are stupid, hateful and idiotic, that obviously reflects negatively on your Organization and of course you.

You're held to a HIGHER standard than the average Joe. That's the way it is when you are in the Military as well. (I'm a Retired USAF NCO BTW).

As a PROFESSIONAL athlete or other profession, it is EXPECTED that you conduct yourself AS A PROFESSIONAL at ALL times. The means ON and OFF duty. PERIOD.

So yes, like someone stated above. Can you imagine Troy saying stupid, hateful and idiotic things PUBLICALLY to a fan ? Of course not because Troy (like most all other Steelers AND other Professional athletes) KNOW how to conduct themselves as PROFESSIONALS !

I tell my co-workers all the time, when you conduct yourself as a Professional, you NEVER have to apologize for your actions.
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Sorry, but I can't extend the term "Professional" to sports and entertainment figures. They are simply that. Anyone that looks up to these individuals beyond their work ethic, is looking for something that isn't there. Yes, there are some fine, upstanding sports athletes that do their best to carry themselves as professionals. However, the majority couldn't give 2 hoots about their communities and their standing in them.

I don't expect any athlete to be anything more than that.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Apparently, Mitchell is being told to stay off Twitter.

clearly the Steelers agree that the remarks of damaging to the teams image ....

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

I'm just happy he's no longer a Raider. How bad do you have to suck to get let go by the Raiders?