Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Steelers Release Blount

Senior Member Array title="KeiselPower99 is on a distinguished road"> KeiselPower99's Avatar

Re: UPDATE: Steelers Release Blount

I liked the signing of Blount back in the spring thought maybe he would get his crap together here and be a decent player for us. Apparently not the case as him being a turd resurfaced. We as fans don't know what goes on in the locker room but to see guys happy he is gone shows me that he wasn't received very well. Anyways kudos to the Steelers for getting rid of a problem.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

I don't want to get all Alan Alda on everyone, but I've been thinking about this kid's behavior and it occurred to me that it might be more than just a bad attitude. No back up RB walks out on an NFL team like that without having some kind of mental issue. I know that once Brandon Marshall got the proper therapy and medication for his condition it helped him a great deal (he's never gonna be the perfect human being but at least he is a functioning NFL player).

It's not my place to second guess the Steelers coaching staff and management when it comes to dealing with a locker room problem, and for all I know they've already tried to get him help, but I just wanted to throw my two cents in. Blount's behavior seems different to me then that of the problem guys we've cut in the past. Those guys did things that normal assholes with bad characters do. Blount did something that just doesn't make any sense to a sane human being (and it obviously wasn't the first incident). For this reason I'm wondering if he might indeed have a real medical problem that could be helped with the proper treatment.

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Re: Blount upset, leaves field before game is over

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    Now he can return to the Patriots, having served his mission to destabilize the Steelers' lockerroom.
    LMAO!

Good try Bucco ! Galvanized it more than anything!
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I don't want to get all Alan Alda on everyone, but I've been thinking about this kid's behavior and it occurred to me that it might be more than just a bad attitude. No back up RB walks out on an NFL team like that without having some kind of mental issue. I know that once Brandon Marshall got the proper therapy and medication for his condition it helped him a great deal (he's never gonna be the perfect human being but at least he is a functioning NFL player).

It's not my place to second guess the Steelers coaching staff and management when it comes to dealing with a locker room problem, and for all I know they've already tried to get him help, but I just wanted to throw my two cents in. Blount's behavior seems different to me then that of the problem guys we've cut in the past. Those guys did things that normal assholes with bad characters do. Blount did something that just doesn't make any sense to a sane human being (and it obviously wasn't the first incident). For this reason I'm wondering if he might indeed have a real medical problem that could be helped with the proper treatment.
    Well then the team needs to do a much better job of getting a Psychological profile on their perspective new hires.

I've said this before, a player's mental, emotional and killer instinct are just as important as his measurables. A lot folks don't understand that. They like those Combine numbers.
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

The Corn Shucking Hippie Array title="IowaSteeler927 is a name known to all"> IowaSteeler927's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Says a lot when a guy that's no longer with the team has that to say about the situation.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Of course.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Signed on a two-year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Rumors have it that they may use him for kick/punt returns for example. Just makes you wonder why they dumped him in the first place. When he played with them before there were a couple games where he almost won the game himself with his running.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    The internet seems to indicate Blount's attitude goes beyond this incident and multiple players want him gone. This is the kinda thing that will demonstrate what kind of control Tomlin has over the locker room. Way more so than some of the stuff we worry about on this board, the Blount situation is one that can break a team.

Makes one wonder if this kinda thing is why the Pats were so keen to let him go?
    Now it looks as though the Pats are going to resign him. Go figure?

I have no issue with the Steelers releasing Blount. Signing him was a gamble. One that turned out bad. But at the time I could see what the logic behind it was.

Move on and pray like hell Bell doesn't get hurt. Because if he does there goes any semblance of a running game.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Rumors have it that they may use him for kick/punt returns for example. Just makes you wonder why they dumped him in the first place. When he played with them before there were a couple games where he almost won the game himself with his running.
    they didn't " dump him" he became a free agent ( just like Emanual Sanders , Keenan Lewis etc etc )

they didn't " dump him" he became a free agent ( just like Emanual Sanders , Keenan Lewis etc etc )
    I just find it hard to believe Belicheat or Brady putting up with his moaning/groaning of not 'touching' the ball enough.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

He is one joint away from a long suspension.
    All Defense!

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Yep. They offered him a 1 year deal. Blount wanted more years.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Signed on a two-year deal.

Fuck that guy and fuck the Patriots.

No, seriously, I hope he gets a DUI and so does Belichick.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Oh, I just have a feeling he will get in trouble somewhere in the near future. As ALLD said, he's just a joint away from some time. I just don't see him changing his way, and now he has something to celebrate.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by katmandu View Post
    LMAO!

Good try Bucco ! Galvanized it more than anything!
    Considering that he re-signed with the Patriots, maybe there's some truth to it?

Amazing that whiners like him and Tate can still wind up getting millions of dollars from other teams.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Oh, I just have a feeling he will get in trouble somewhere in the near future. As ALLD said, he's just a joint away from some time. I just don't see him changing his way, and now he has something to celebrate.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Considering that he re-signed with the Patriots, maybe there's some truth to it?

Amazing that whiners like him and Tate can still wind up getting millions of dollars from other teams.
    Could be. Wouldn't put it passed Bill-a-Dick to use him as a "plant" (spy).

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Yeah, I'm sure Belichick will glean as much information out of Blount as he can, and Blount will most definitely oblige.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Wouldn't you know it, if the playoffs started today and we won our first game, the next team we'd face would be the Patriots. Nothing like having a disgruntled former employee who knows your whole playbook and tendencies from a few weeks ago standing on the opposing sideline right next to their coach. It's like Spygate without needing to do any spying.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Blech. Can't stand to even look at that loser now.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Nice, asshole gets rewarded. Hope he fumbles 3 times in the first playoff game and cost the Patriots any chance of winning.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

We? How many personalities does this guy have?

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Good riddance. Next!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Look what Chidi found…...Steelers Brotherly Shove? Blount is a dirtbag!

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/11...-issues-haley/

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I know it'll never happen, but it would be funny as hell if he did this to Brady while he was in the midst of one of his many bitchfits...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I thought people here would be happy someone "gave it to" Todd Haley. Seriously though after seeing that...good ridden.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler