Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Steelers Release Blount

Dwinsgames

Re: Blount upset, leaves field before game is over

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    . What are the odds he ends up in prison?

no better ( for him ) than even money ....

I could ask Vin_Vegas haha

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Sorry but he needs to be cut today, if other players can see that but Tomlin and the other higher ups in the organization don't then this team has some serious problems.
    NOt really.

I mean, seriously. How much time do the higher-ups in the organization, or even the coaches spend with the players as compared to the players themselves spending with each other? I'd say about half. So it's inevitable that they'd see a bunch of stuff that the coaches wouldn't see.

Just happy to be here!! Array title="Polamalu Princess has a reputation beyond repute"> Polamalu Princess's Avatar

No matter how you look at it - that was poor judgement on his part. He is not the team...he is part of a team.

Angel Baby Faith our one and only 1/11/00 - 9/9/16 We love you.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

LeGarrette Blount leaves field early

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- LeGarrette Blount could face an uncertain future with the Pittsburgh Steelers because of unhappiness over his role with the team.

Blount left the field before the end of the Steelers' 27-24 win over the Tennessee Titans on Monday night, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

According to media reports, Steelers defensive assistant Joey Porter saw Blount leaving early and called him back into the locker room several times. Blount finally went back in briefly but left again even before his teammates had begun postgame interviews.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...nnessee-titans

Jerome Bettis stated Tomlin needs to be swift in meting out a suspension.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

We have nothing behind Crybaby Blount. Whose bright idea was it to carry 2 1/4 RBs on the roster?

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Report: Blount Walked Off Field Early, Angry About Lack Of Carries

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger addressed Blount’s action during his weekly show on The Cook and Poni Show for The #1 Cochran Ben Roethlisberger Show on Sportsradio 93.7 The Fan.

“I don’t know exactly what happened but if it is true it’s disturbing because I would think he would be happy for a close friend and of his fellow position guy.” Roethlisberger said. “I figured he would be happy but like I said I’m not going to rush to judge because I don’t know exactly what happened so I think today we will be able to find out more details.”
    Ben also talked about whether or not he could forgive Blount for his actions.

“It will be tough if it was just for pure selfishness and he was just upset about not getting the ball or whatever and walked out because he is a new player to our team,” Roethlisberger said. “If it was a guy who has been here for awhile and we know and it was just a lapse in judgment and he was upset about something I think it would be easier to look past. But it will be tough if it was just for pure selfishness reason because that is not what the Pittsburgh Steelers are. It’s not what we are about but like I said, I don’t know anything about that yet so I’m not going to judge right now.”

Roethlisberger also talked about what actions or punishment might be taken with Blount.

“I don’t think it’s something that coach is going to take lightly because he knows how important team is and comradery,” Roethlisberger said. “It’s a tough situation he is going to be in but that is why he is our head coach. He will make the decision that is best for the team and us as players will live with it and make it work whatever it is.”

Ramon Foster also joined “The Fan Morning Show” Tuesday and addressed Blount’s actions. While he said Blount is a good teammate, it doesn’t excuse his actions.

“You’ve got to be all-in for the team,” Foster said. “But, whatever happened last night, we can’t have that type of thing. For whatever reason, you can’t bring negativity to the team.”

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/...ck-of-carries/

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Ben Tate waived. Too bad he's bitching about the same thing as Blount: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...after-10-games
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I'm pretty sure I saw the crybaby chong doing his little "selfie" pose with He Shall Be Le'Veon during the review of the TD. He didn't look like he was pouting then.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by SCSTILLER View Post
    Blount has been, and still is, a cancer to most if not every team he is on. Suspended senior season at Oregon for punching a rival player and then wanting to go into the stands after fans. His stint with the Buccaneers had rumors of him showing up late to practices, falling asleep in team meetings, etc. Now with the Steelers, get arrested for smoking the Ganja with our best running back and then being a selfish ass bag when he doesn't get what he wants by storming out of the locker room. If I was Tomlin I would have told him right then and there to find your own way home and that your stuff will be waiting outside the Steelers practice facility tomorrow.
    If ALL this is true ( and I'm not doubting anything), I just find it hard to believe the Steeler's would take him to be a player. It's just not in their player image they always stand/strive for. They've let go proven player's, i.e. Holmes who didn't have that long of a rap sheet. I can not believe the Rooney's would sign on the dotted line of a thug. Makes me wonder if Blount didn't set Bell up with the hooch to get him taken down and out of the picture, knowing Bell was big competition. And as far as the bus situation, Tomlin and the staff have to act immediately, and hard on this. Put the word and fear of God in the other player's that this will NOT be tolerated....no matter who you are or think you are ! If Bell would have went down would they have stopped the game so someone could go to the bus and beg his prissy ass to please come in and get dressed ? Yea, I think not. I guess D.Archer would have had to step up, not saying that that would have been good for us, but then again you don't know that given the chance he would have out performed his potential either. But, at least Archer was available to help the team. I think this situation is going to show us all, and the media, what type of coach Tomlin is as far as being a disciplinarian. I hate to see Blount dumped, a good 1/2 punch with Bell, but I believe everyone can be replaced in the sports field given the chance, and it is FACT that having a bad apple in the carton will eventually ROT the remaining.

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Hardly knew him

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

This is why I don't think that Tomlin has "lost the locker room". He responded swiftly and decisively to a potentially team dividing issue. Unlike say, Harbaugh in Snan Fran, who is apparently OK with Ahmad Brooks either benching himself or refusing to play - depending on who you believe.

Look at the BS spin being put on the Marshawn Lynch story out of Seattle. Carrol doesn't run that show.

While I remain skeptical that Tomlin is a great coach or anything and I think I've taken shits with more personality than Haley, I don't see a team that has tuned out their head coach/staff.

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Exclamation Steelers RELEASE BLOUNT ~!

http://sportspyder.com/teams/pittsbu...icles/13306857

This dude is a perfect example of a SPOILED, ASS'd..... PUNK !!

What a F'ing LOSER !
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

You know.....

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

You know.....

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Look at his lower lip POUTING like a little (5) Year old child !

Simply amazing that a human being making MILLIONS of dollars playing a kids game would be so SELFISH and IMMATURE !

Hope you happy now Blount! Now you have time to go smoke all the BLUNTS you want now!

DIPSHIT !!!

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Re: UPDATE: Steelers Release Blount

Looks like Stephens-Howling is still a free agent, as well as Felix Jones: http://www.nfl.com/freeagency

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Looks like Stephens-Howling is still a free agent, as well as Felix Jones: http://www.nfl.com/freeagency
    I would take LASH but I thought he was still injured

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Only move the organization could make. Simply suspending him would not have been enough.

Don't let the door hit ya on the ass on your way out.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

I would take felix Jones...NOT Ben Tate...Tate is a cancer as well!!

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

So now the Steelers have only one RB(Bell) on the roster.

No to Felix Jones.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

OK, I guess.

Now who are we going to use as the backup RB, Dri Archer? I hope we thought it through better than that.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

After just hearing the new's that the Steeler's released Blount made me realize why I'm a fan of the BEST run football organization. This is truly a class, family business. Not standing for unsportsmanlike foolishness, only excepting TEAM spirit and nothing less. A true family tradition, something that you want your young member's to understand and follow. My daughter is 24 and a Steeler fan. I explained the team values to her at a young age, especially when the bungholes were up coming with all of their thug team members and jail history. She saw the value immediately LOL. Now, it's time to move on. Hopefully this situation may light a match on the rest of the player's and make them understand the value of the job they perform and the money they earn doing it. A truly once in a lifetime situation that not all get or keep. I hope Blount life turns around soon, since at such a young age he is truly heading down a bad road with nothing good at the end of it. He's already limited his list of professional teams that will take a chance on him, and none of them are probably contenders and his future limited with them. Hat's off to the STEELER's. Thanks for remaining a classy, reputable, family organization !!! ( Makes the miserable playing the past few year's somewhat bearable....LOL )

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

SO happy! Way to man up and get rid of this POS.