Thread: Munchak returns to original NFL organization

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Munchak returns to original NFL organization

Steelers offensive line coach Mike Munchak spent the first 31 years of his pro football career in the Tennessee Titans organization. He had a Hall of Fame playing career with the Houston Oilers from 1983-93 before the franchise relocated to Tennessee, where he became the offensive line coach, and then for three seasons (2011-13), the head coach.

After going 7-9 in 2013 and missing the playoffs for the third consecutive year, Munchak was fired.

Monday night, Munchak will return to his old stomping grounds wearing the black and gold of the Steelers for a game against many of the players he drafted and coached for so long........

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201411150099

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Re: Munchak returns to original NFL organization

Ben, Whis and Munchak have a lot riding on this game with everyone wanting to beat the other. I hope it's an exciting one, but one that comes out in our favor, of course.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Yeah for Munchak and Ben's well being I hope the o-line keeps him clean tonight as well open some running lanes for Bell&Blount.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

I have a good friend who is a titans fan, he was very excited when they picked up Wiz. I explained to him that it takes a while for a coach to make his mark you have to suffer through a lot of bad before you can get to the good.

It will be good to see who comes out tonight, but like I told him it's not a sprint it's a marathon.