Thread: The Titans are up next!

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

The Titans are up next!

Monday Night Football, baby! Not really a lot of chatter going on out there on Titans' message boards, but I did find a couple.

http://www.gotitans.com/threads/batt...bergers.92726/

http://www.titansreport.com/topic/15...-lp-on-monday/

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Re: The Titans are up next!

I'm calling for a big Steeler win here. Close through two quarters but Steelers take control in the 3rd qtr and pull away. 38-20
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Dwinsgames

if I knew what team was going to show up I could provide a decent prognostication of the outcome , since we do not know that I am at a loss

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    if I knew what team was going to show up I could provide a decent prognostication of the outcome , since we do not know that I am at a loss
    ^ That

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Titans suck and we suck vs suck teams.

Titans win 23-16

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    What's funny is how they're blaming the coach for his bad playcalling, and others are blaming execution.
    SEVEN pass plays for basically negative yardage on the first 10 pass plays of the game, against a team with a completely decimated secondary, no less:

Roethlisberger threw passes behind the line of scrimmage on seven of his first 10 throws, including five in a row.
    http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#ixzz3Im2EobX5

What's even more inexplicable is that this game plan came on the heels of two games of blowing the doors off of decidedly superior competition to the Jets using a VERTICAL passing attack. The deep shot to Bryant should have been among the FIRST plays called in the game, not sat on until they were 2 TDs behind with 1:30 to play in the 4th quarter with only a long shot prayer of even forcing overtime.

Sure, the execution wasn't what it could have been, but it also helps when you aren't set up to fail from the get-go with (being VERY kind here) "questionable" play calling.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I am anxious to see what trick plays Tomlin/Haley come up with. I am guessing we see Suhshiam run a post pattern on a fake FG from the 50-yd line.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Im actually going to the game monday night cause i live close to nashville...its suppose to be COLD and its my first time seeing my steelers live (i know, i know). All that said..we havent played well against the titans last few seasons plus we are bi-polar to the max this year so im gonna say 16-10 titans...and you can probably kiss our post season hopes goodbye.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

This is a tough one. It is Monday night, but we are on the road against a sub 500 team. We SHOULD be home and cooled out by the end of the 3rd quarter, but I just don't know where this team is at.

I have to keep hope alive, Steelers 27 Titans 23.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

If we lose this game, I fear the post-season is out of the question. I see another 8-8 year coming and Tomlin and the staff retain their jobs and the mediocrity continues. Here's hoping the Steelers stop being bi-polar assholes.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    I am anxious to see what trick plays Tomlin/Haley come up with. I am guessing we see Suhshiam run a post pattern on a fake FG from the 50-yd line.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Titan's 31-13 Gave up trying to explain this team.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    Im actually going to the game monday night cause i live close to nashville...its suppose to be COLD and its my first time seeing my steelers live (i know, i know). All that said..we havent played well against the titans last few seasons plus we are bi-polar to the max this year so im gonna say 16-10 titans...and you can probably kiss our post season hopes goodbye.
    Have a great time at the game!

I don't know what to think about this game. I'm hoping we can pull out a win, but I just don't know. I'm just going to remain positive and hope for the best.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Is it too much to ask the team to win one for Munchak?

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

Tomlin lets Munch give the speech and we dominate. 34-17.

Senior Member Array title="one side only is a jewel in the rough"> one side only's Avatar

Something has to give: The Steelers have allowed an NFL-high 36 points on its opponents' first offensive possession, but the Titans have only come away with one field goal the first time they've had the ball.

Here’s the obligatory rookie QB stat: Steelers are 18-2 against rookie signal-callers since Dick LeBeau returned as defensive coordinator in 2004.

Run it down their throats: Tennessee has allowed an AFC-worst 4.53 yards per carry since October, including 363 yards and four touchdowns in its last two losses. On the other hand, the Steelers haven’t scored a rushing touchdown since the Carolina game.

Eat some (Metten)berger: The Titans have allowed 25 sacks - eighth highest in the league - and their team passer-rating of 82.5 sits at 26th in the NFL. The Titans rush for 97.3 yards per game, putting them in the bottom 10 of the league. Metenberger finished 16-of-27 for 179 yards against the Ravens, with one touchdown and one interception. Although Mettenberger was less effective when the Ravens blitzed — 2-of-8 for 22 yards, an interception and a 0.0 passer rating, according to Pro Football Focus — all five sacks occurred on plays when they didn't blitz. The Titans had problems when the Ravens dropped defenders in coverage.

Life on the road hasn’t been kind: In five away games, Pittsburgh has six offensive touchdowns, three of which came Sept. 21 in a victory at Carolina. The Steelers scored 46 points combined in their other four road games.

Give Ben time and they lose: Less pressure on Roethlisberger was a common theme in Pittsburgh's losses. In four losses, Roethlisberger was blitzed – sending five or more pass rushers – just 19 times. In Pittsburgh's victories, that number grows substantially to 71. There's a method to that madness. According to ProFootballFocus.com, when pressured, Roethlisberger's passer rating is 140.8. When not pressured, it falls to 98.4.

Weather the storm: Nashville’s forecast calls for lots of rain. And a chilly 43 °F, with 11 mph wind.

Prediction: Steelers win a low scoring affair 17 - 14.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelman View Post
    Tomlin lets Munch give the speech and we dominate. 34-17.
    Send Tomlina and Haley out for hot dogs just before kickoff. Since the Titans are so poor against the run, I expect to see lots of bubble screens and fly patterns to David DeCastro to fool everybody.

Seriously, they need to come out in the first quarter and stomp the Titans into the ground. Put it away by the third quarter.

On a lighter note, Whiz has left a free box seat ticket for Justin Beiber.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="one side only is a jewel in the rough"> one side only's Avatar

Steelers wearing black jerseys Monday night. Might make them play like they're at home.

Quote Originally Posted by one side only View Post
    Steelers wearing black jerseys Monday night. Might make them play like they're at home.
    Oh, good. I'm happy to hear this.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by one side only View Post
    Really? Why are the Titans going with their white jerseys in a night game in Mid-November?

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Really? Why are the Titans going with their white jerseys in a night game in Mid-November?
    Blend in with the snow?

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Bad team on the road in bad weather?

Titans win, 16-9.

Game will be officiated by rookie referee Brad Allen. Looks like his crew calls just under the league average, but there is a significant disparity in home vs. visitor penalties.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/AlleBr0r.htm

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Steelers will hand Titans the game like the did wuth the Jets and Sucs

Dwinsgames

The Final Word retweeted Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib 10m10 minutes ago
    After Monday, the Steelers will have played 4 of 5 worst teams in NFL

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

And LOST to how many of them !? LOL