Thread: 2 cases under review / appeal , common denominator ?

Dwinsgames

2 cases under review / appeal , common denominator ?

Right now the NFL has 2 cases under review / appeal both by Running backs .

Adrian Peterson for violently whipping his child leaving bruises and abrasions from his lower back to his legs from switching him ..

Ray Rice for knocking out his girlfriend ( now wife ) in an elevator then dragging her limp body out by her legs like a caveman ..

so we have two supposed men wanting to be reinstated into the league to be paid like kings and celebrated by the masses who can not even respect their fellow man or abide by common laws of decency and respect of their fellow man and supposed loved ones ...

these men would be targets in prison for beatings for their crimes against the relative helpless yet they have the stones to ask the NFL to reinstate them and be glorified by the fans for what they can do with a football ...

it is a oddity when societies castoffs have a better sense of morality and right and wrong than the people outside of the prison walls ...

Ban these men for life , they do not deserve to be idolized or paid like kings and live high on the hog after the level of disrespect they have displayed for their fellow man

I know many will disagree with me on this but its high time this country fixes its moral compass and continuing to reward by permitting these thugs a lifestyle beyond the common man for playing a childs game and then disrespecting its fellow man to this degree has to stop ...

time to take a stance

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Re: 2 cases under review / appeal , common denominator ?

For Rice I agree, not so much for AP. MANY kids get whipp'ins like that, or worse, as punishment, not "abuse". How many times have people posted not his board about the beatings they took as a kid?

I can't even count the amount of times I've heard people say something akin to "If I did that when I was your age I'd have gotten socked in the head".

In regards to AP, if he genuinely meant it for punishment and it was not abuse, then I give him a pass. Did he go over board? Absolutely. But if that is the first and only time then it's not a pattern. If he has done this more than once then that is a different story.

Ray Rice? No excuse AT ALL for what he did.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    For Rice I agree, not so much for AP. MANY kids get whipp'ins like that, or worse, as punishment, not "abuse". How many times have people posted not his board about the beatings they took as a kid?

I can't even count the amount of times I've heard people say something akin to "If I did that when I was your age I'd have gotten socked in the head".

In regards to AP, if he genuinely meant it for punishment and it was not abuse, then I give him a pass. Did he go over board? Absolutely. But if that is the first and only time then it's not a pattern. If he has done this more than once then that is a different story.

Ray Rice? No excuse AT ALL for what he did.
    Good point. Also AP has demonstrated that he is remorseful and sorry, while Rice was indignant and defiant.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Good point. Also AP has demonstrated that he is remorseful and sorry, while Rice was indignant and defiant.
    did he ?

I read it , but sounded like a sham to me ...

still believes in corporal punishment ( and clearly he is not a very good judge of what over board is ) coupled with reports from other babies mommas he whips those kids pretty good too ...

I refuse to give him a pass ...

I got my ass whipped as a kid too and hurt like hell but NEVER did I bleed because of it

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

The respective victim's in these two cases didn't require hospitalization. While both of these cases were serious. They weren't extreme. I believe in second chances. Not always. But when circumstances suggest that the perps may learn from what they've done I think they should be punished severely, but given the opportunity ton play again once they've served their sentence.

Goodell should be fired though for lying and being deceptive throughout the Rice investigation.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

The League is such a hot mess right now. It's my opinion that the only way to fix it and get on the right track, whatever that might be, is to fire Goodell and his henchmen. I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth because he's obviously not a person of integrity, and it all started with Spygate.

Dwinsgames

need we be reminded of the childs wounds ?

now remember this is a 4 year old ......

how many lashes does a 4 year old need ?

deserve ?

is not 1 smack on the ass with an open hand enough for a 4 year old HELPLESS child enough ??

second chance ? what second chance did the helpless child get ???

sorry not meaning to pick on anyone here about their response but come on now ....

is the person responsible for this worthy of living like a king for the rest of his life for playing a game ????

I say HELL NO !!

edit as a side note the average 4 year old boy in this country is just 40 pounds ....

A.P is 220
    Last edited by Dwinsgames; 11-08-2014 at 01:20 AM.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Goodell is going to need to reinstate Rice immediately because the commissioner has been caught in a lie to protect his reputation. Now I no longer have confidence in the NFL if they allow the commissioner to lie to the fans for personal reasons.

Petersen needs to sit out this season.
    All Defense!

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

I am honestly surprise, for some reason, that Goodell still has a job. I thought that the league would be so embarrassed by the way this incompetent, arrogant , ass botched the Rice investigation. Now we find that he intentionally lied about what Rice himself told Goodell, I presume to be able to levy the lightest punishment possible. It only shows what the fans have known for some time. Goodell has been and still is playing by his own set of rules, often making them up as he gos along, plus blatantly lying about most everything. It is time the owner realize that this game is for the fans, you know the ones that shell out the money, and are the reason that big companies shell out the millions that they do. It is not Goodells personal play thing. My opinion of Goodell has be obvious for a long time, but this has pushed me over the edge, into disgust and loathing. To cover up a situation that takes the lives of many women each year, and forces many others to live in hell most of their lives, often a short life. IF, what we are hearing is true, Goodell should not just be fire, but following an old tradition, tarred and feathered and ran out on a rail. Take of leave what I have just said, but I am infuriated by what seemingly has happened, and the way it has tarnished the game I love. Still this only my opinion.

AML

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Don't worry, Goodell will do the wrong thing. It's his M-O.