Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in"

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: "Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in"

[QUOTE=silver & black;458292]Look on the bright side.... the Raiders aren't on your schedule this year. ...[/QUOTE}

Your Raiders are giving Peyton manning a rough time today!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

[QUOTE=stillers4me;458293]
    Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Look on the bright side.... the Raiders aren't on your schedule this year. ...[/QUOTE}

Your Raiders are giving Peyton manning a rough time today!

Not any longer 41-10
    Last edited by Shoes; 11-09-2014 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Score correction

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Yeah..... we all know my Raiders aren't taking out Dungver.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    The Browns are in sole 1st place............can you believe that shit?
    No! Please make it go away!

Dwinsgames

Tomlin read above .... why not be prepared when it comes time to play lessor teams ?

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

I'm officially done having any faith in this team until Tomlin is fired. Which means I'll probably be a casual observer of Steeler games for the rest of my life. This team sucks! And will continue to do so until such time as the owner has the balls to pull the plug on Tomlin.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    I'm officially done having any faith in this team until Tomlin is fired. Which means I'll probably be a casual observer of Steeler games for the rest of my life. This team sucks! And will continue to do so until such time as the owner has the balls to pull the plug on Tomlin.
    And the funniest thing is . . . they sucked you back in again. This time, the entire thing happened during ONE GAME.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    And the funniest thing is . . . they sucked you back in again. This time, the entire thing happened during ONE GAME.

He is not alone. I could have written this script before the season began. We all know how they do it. No matter how many times we say we're not gonna let this team shave any more years off our lives... we go ahead and let them. Now I'm all happy going into the bye... knowing full well they'll break my heart all over again at some point.

I don't really think I actually enjoy watching the Steelers play... unless I'm re-watching a game that I know they already won. What's great is I'm sure there are millions of other fans just like me out there.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    He is not alone. I could have written this script before the season began. We all know how they do it. No matter how many times we say we're not gonna let this team shave any more years off our lives... we go ahead and let them. Now I'm all happy going into the bye... knowing full well they'll break my heart all over again at some point.

I don't really think I actually enjoy watching the Steelers play... unless I'm re-watching a game that I know they already won. What's great is I'm sure there are millions of other fans just like me out there.

Yours truly.....

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Yep. At least we get a week off now. Going to need a better effort against the Saints. Yeah I know they're crap, and we're generally better at home. But if we don't win that one, this one largely relegated to meaningless background music.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

I'm all in from here on out.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

The Steelers are my drug of choice. I know that watching them is not good for my health,...I just can't quit them.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    The Steelers are my drug of choice. I know that watching them is not good for my health,...I just can't quit them.
    Well said.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

It was not an impressive win yesterday!

It was a must win game against the 2-7 Titans and the Titans were leading 24-13 after the Steelers were leading 10-0....A win is a win, but the Steelers are awful on the road

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

I know a win is a win per say, but just once I'd love to see the ole' Steeler's show up and kick ass on a bottom feeder from coin flip to game end. What the hell is going on with this team ? For almost 3 qtrs. against Tenn. we were getting man handled by rookies. Thank God for alcohol, it kept me mellow. What are the coaches and Rooney's watching for 60 minutes ? This team has so much potential and talented young player's, yet all seems mishandled. I just can't find myself NOT watching when able, I still think they are going to hit 'high' gear and start blowing teams away and I definitely want to witness that event. It's just so strange that this team, as a whole, can't seem to play as one. One week the Offense can't get it together and the Defense has to carry, the next week the Def. can't perform and the Offense is playing light's out. Then the Special team....ugh, that's another story. Tackling seems to be an issue so many times. But, hopefully there will be a time soon when ALL parts of this team comes together and takes us to the next #7 trophy ! I do feel Ben has it in him yet, and the WR's and RB's we have can roll this team, the young defensive player's are starting to come around and I feel can also do the job sufficiently. Coaching seems to be on the wrong page at times, but hopefully they have a scheme in progress that I don't see or understand. So, even though they piss the hell out of me on gameday's the past few year's, they are my team and I'll suffer along with ya' all with the hope and expectation that it's not much longer when the Black/Gold stands tall again and becomes a team of fear for opponents. Thanks for letting me vent and share my beliefs, been a fan since the 60's and I damn sure ain't going anywhere else. Even though during a terrible game and on a nice day here in Indiana, I've been known to jump on the motorcycle and ride to clear my mind. GO STEELER's

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    It was not an impressive win yesterday!

It was a must win game against the 2-7 Titans and the Titans were leading 24-13 after the Steelers were leading 10-0....A win is a win, but the Steelers are awful on the road
    And yet, they are now 3-3 on the road. Would you rather them be 1-4 on the road like the Saints? Now that is a team that is truly awful on the road.

If you win all or most of your games at home and split on the road, guess what? You're in the playoffs.

Face it, it is very difficult to win games on the road against ANY OPPONENT. I wish fans would understand that.

Senior Member Array title="blackngldblood has a spectacular aura about"> blackngldblood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post

It is a very unpleasant event watching these Steelers play bad teams. I went on a rant about the game to my wife before she went to lay down for bed about how shitty they play bad teams, and that it is frustrating and embarrassing, and was down right pissing me off. I went to tell her goodnight, and she asked if they won and I reluctantly told her yes, because I probably should have been saying no. But you know what? I'll cut off my left arm to be able to watch them shit the bed against gang green and the buc's because, God damn it, I love this team. I'll probably end up dying of a massive heart attack one day while they lay an egg against the Raiders or the Vikings. But I'll die doing what I love to do most! It's pretty twisted, isn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

To tell you the truth it wasn't an "unimpressive win."

A ridiculous series of events at the end of the second quarter, a fine display of Tomlin's clock management skills, swung the game between 10 and 14 points.

Besides that 50 seconds of genius, we played a pretty good all around game.

I'm done with the 2014 Steelers. No reason to expend anymore passion on this dead dog. Oh I'm sure they'll win next week to try to tease me back in. But I'm not getting chumped again by this bunch. Put a fork in this team. They're dead.

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Im feeling sick right now, and im wondering why i keep doing this to myself each and every week.

And of course with the Ravens and Browns losing the Steelers still control their own destiny. The tease continues!

Senior Member Array title="plenewken will become famous soon enough">

I'm done with the 2014 Steelers. No reason to expend anymore passion on this dead dog. Oh I'm sure they'll win next week to try to tease me back in. But I'm not getting chumped again by this bunch. Put a fork in this team. They're dead.
    I've lost interest in these losers a long time ago.
    Now, I'm having a lot of fun watching the Penguins.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Never let them sucker me back in...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

They are the Pittsburgh Steelers. Right now, not a very talented team. Too inconsistent and poorly coached.

Start with Colbert and time to stock pile some players/draft choices. The loss of Mauro is a microcosm as to how poorly this team is being managed.

Keeping someone (L. Jones) who has no hope of seeing the field, over a player (J. Mauro) that has a promising career, speaks to how mismanaged this team is. Of course, exacerbated now with the loss of Keisel.

And of course with the Ravens and Browns losing the Steelers still control their own destiny. The tease continues!

Nope, nope, nope! Not going to buy in! Just a one week aberration. Another tease.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Nope, nope, nope! Not going to buy in! Just a one week aberration. Another tease.
    Oh come on now, you know you can't resist Steeler girlfriend (Got this from Mike Taylor Ticket 760 here in San Antonio who asked cowboy fans about cowboy girlfriend a few years back when they made the playoffs with Tony Romo).

Steeler Girlfriend - She will entice you, make you your favorite drink and a nice dinner and dressed in your favorite outfit. Then she will break out the Whips and Chain and beat the hell out of you, and "you will lay there pleading with your insides bleeding cause you deep down want some more" (Billy Joel).

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Not jumping back in yet...lol. But testing the waters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Not jumping back in yet...lol. But testing the waters.

Ah, who am I kidding? I'm back fully invested.

Until they lose to the 5-8 Falcons next week.

Damn I hope this time they got something figured out and this doesn't happen again!

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

I swear if I thought like some you i'd ban myself from posting after losses.

I'm sure it's painful for you, but it's hilarious for me.