Thread: Real throwbacks

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Real throwbacks

I know that our helmet is iconic (especially with the logo on only one side) but wouldn't it be kind of cool if we did something like this next time we wore the throwbacks?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...mming-national

And wouldn't it be even cooler if we made some players (I'm looking at you Cortez) wear an actual leather helmet?

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Real throwbacks

Well, it would certainly please the people who think the solution to everything is to only have form tackles and no big hits *coughneverhappencough*

The only thing Cortez Allen should be wearing on his head is a baseball cap with the word "BENCHED" on the front in 3-inch high letters. Not even joking; they literally need to do this and make him stand on the sidelines wearing it next game.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

If they dress Cortez he should be wearing Ravens colors.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="one side only is a jewel in the rough"> one side only's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    If they dress Cortez he should be wearing Ravens colors.
    I was hoping for a trade on Tuesday . . . the Ravens need corners. Would have been a win - win.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Too bad in the NFL they don't allow "fun" like that. God forbid a player were fitted for TWO helmets...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

And I still hate throwbacks ! Serves no purpose, they are called 'throwbacks' for a reason ! Should be called throwaways.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

WHY DON'T WE HAVE JUST ONE ALLEN "SUCKS" THREAD, so that every other thread avoids becoming one. DAMN!

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

I think teams are only allowed to wear one helmet per season now - so even if we did something like wear those throwbacks with the white pants, we're not allowed to do the gold helmet thing now. Unless we wear it all year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerette View Post
    I think teams are only allowed to wear one helmet per season now - so even if we did something like wear those throwbacks with the white pants, we're not allowed to do the gold helmet thing now. Unless we wear it all year.
    Which I'm ostensibly okay with for us, but that's a real punch in the face to the Titans(Oilers), Broncos, Bills, Jets, Patriots, Buccaneers. I'm sure I'm missing a couple more too.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    And I still hate throwbacks ! Serves no purpose, they are called 'throwbacks' for a reason ! Should be called throwaways.
    It's all about money.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I don't like the look of them but haven't we won every time we've worn the striped jailhouse ones?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

But all they would need to do in the bumblebee case is take the decals off and that's the throwback...maybe change the facemask color to gray.

Next time the Eagles and Steelers play each other they should both wear the 1943 Steagles uniform (one team wears home and the other one away).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steagles

That would be cool.

Senior Member Array title="KeiselPower99 is on a distinguished road"> KeiselPower99's Avatar

Max Kielbasa selected in the 16th round!! Love that name. A real Pittsburgh Steeler kind of kid!