Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ravens at Steelers 11-2-14

Senior Member Array title="Renegade has a spectacular aura about"> Renegade's Avatar

Ravens at Steelers 11-2-14

I figured I would get here early. I'm amped up! Let's go Steelers! Time to lay it on the birdbrains!!!

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Re: Ravens at Steelers 11-2-14

I'll probably be here. I'm soooo ready for Sunday night's massacre of the Ratbirds!

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

This is the game that makes the Steelers' 2014 Season and where it's headed. If they want to be considered back in the saddle and ready to contend in the division and the AFC, they go balls to the wall for 60 minutes to win this game. If they want it, now is the time to earn it.

Baltimore has definitely been the better team the past few years and is the barrier between them and getting back on track.

A pathetic and listless performance like the first game where the Ravens mopped the floor with them, and this team isn't ready for primetime and will remain mediocre and second-tier.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Renegade has a spectacular aura about"> Renegade's Avatar

because of Joe Greene, i cant imagine the steelers loosing sunday.

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Big game tonight - cant be 0-2 against these clowns ! Go Steelers !!!

I posted this in Mean Joe's thread in the Pittsburgh Steelers forum, too, but thought I would share it here also for those who are interested.

From Burt Lauten:

The Joe Greene jersey retirement unveiling ceremony at 5:30 pm ET will be broadcast live on Steelers.com in its entirety.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Big game tonight, the Jets lost today to drop themselves to 1-8 so you better believe next week the Steelers will play their absolute worst regardless of the outcome of this game. They are staring at 5-5 with a loss tonight and a likely loss next week which will be damaging to their playoff hopes in a crowded race

Senior Member Array title="one side only is a jewel in the rough"> one side only's Avatar

The Ravens haven’t allowed a running back to gain 100 yards or more in 18 straight games. I believe Bell can break that streak, but I think with the Ravens more vulnerable to the pass, he might not get the opportunity.

The Ravens have only given up 7 TD passes all year, fewest in the NFL. Still, with Jimmie Smith out, the Steelers must take their shots downfield. Ladarius Webb has allowed opposing quarterbacks to complete 21 of 29 passes in his direction for 268 yards for a 100.9 quarterback rating. Against the Bengals last Sunday, matched up against wide receiver Mohamed Sanu, Webb allowed quarterback Andy Dalton to complete three of four passes for 73 yards.

After games in which Ben Roethlisberger has thrown three or more touchdowns, he has produced one or no touchdown passes in 46 percent of his next games (11 of 24).

Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs needs two sacks to reach 100 for his career, and has 16½ sacks against Roethlisberger, more than any other player. Ben needs to get the ball out quickly, and make some plays on the move.

Steve Smith has 277 yards receiving on third down, second in the NFL behind Golden Tate of the Lions, who has 390 yards receiving on third down. I know who I would double cover.

The Steelers have given up 22 completions on passes that traveled at least 20 yards in the air this season, which is the second most in the NFL. That's an average of 2.75 per game. Quarterbacks are completing a league-high 59.5 percent of their attempts on such passes against the Steelers. Some of that can be attributed to Cortez Allen, but the Steelers must generate a pass rush.

To help stop the Ravens' running game, they must build a lead. When the Ravens have trailed this season, they have run the ball on 34.6 percent of their plays. When they are leading, they run it 54.5 percent of the time.

The Ravens are 25-9 after a loss under head coach John Harbaugh.

The Steelers are a home underdog, which must motivate a least a little bit.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Im so damn nervous with this game...to me this is a MUST win!!!

Only one more hour to go!

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Why is Mcullers inactive?

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Why is McCullers inactive?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    Why is Mcullers inactive?
    Posted the same thing at the same time.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

I think McClendon is in

- - - Updated - - -

Posted the same thing at the same time. [/QUOTE]

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

I guess McCullers had a bad week in practice and Thomas finally showed up? Nah, yet another puzzling personnel decision. McCullers has proven he can get push more than Thomas. Oh well, Let's go Steelers.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

All I ask is no one gets carted off the field and lost for the season. Other than that....Game On!

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    All I ask is no one gets carted off the field and lost for the season. Other than that....Game On!
    Ditto

Just happy to be here!! Array title="Polamalu Princess has a reputation beyond repute"> Polamalu Princess's Avatar

Let us kill some Ratbirds tonight!!!!

Angel Baby Faith our one and only 1/11/00 - 9/9/16 We love you.

Let's go Steelers!

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

This is by far the most important game of the season so far. This is a must win in my eyes. Lets go Steelers!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Keep Ben clean and they win. It's really that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

I would love nothing more than to blowout these punks!!! Lets Go Steelers!!!

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Lets make Mean Joe proud!

I'm so nervous.

LET'S GO STEELERS!

I hate ole donkey teeth Suggs!!!

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Time to play! Let's go Steelers!
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert