Thread: Miller has record-setting day too

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Miller has record-setting day too

Steelers veteran tight end Heath Miller reached a few milestones Sunday.

He became just the third player in franchise history to register 500 receptions.

He also had seven catches for 112 yards in the Steelers’ 51-34 victory over the Colts.

It was the second most receiving yards in a game — 118 is his best — and the third time he has eclipsed 100 yards receiving.
    “It just feels good to win,” Miller said. “It feels good to put four quarters together, and hopefully we can take this and build on it.”...........

read more @ http://www.timesonline.com/sports/st...8c030dab3.html

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Re: Miller has record-setting day too

I remember when we drafted Heath arguing with fellow posters on another board about the merits of the choice. As I remember a great many people were upset with the pick because the Steelers never throw to the tight end and likened Heath to a younger Mark Bruener.

Now here we are 500 catches later. I know Heath will never make the Hall of Fame. But he'll always be one of my favorite all time Steelers. I really wish the Steelers would do a ring of honor type thing. Heath is a guy I would love to see honored in the stadium in some way.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    I remember when we drafted Heath arguing with fellow posters on another board about the merits of the choice. As I remember a great many people were upset with the pick because the Steelers never throw to the tight end and likened Heath to a younger Mark Bruener.

Now here we are 500 catches later. I know Heath will never make the Hall of Fame. But he'll always be one of my favorite all time Steelers. I really wish the Steelers would do a ring of honor type thing. Heath is a guy I would love to see honored in the stadium in some way.

hey now Mark Bruener was a hell of a tight end and had much better hands than his catch count shows ... we just didnt utilize the TE like normal teams , they where an extra lineman and MB could block his ass off ..

I remember the thread your speaking of and I was not happy with the pick but said I have no issue with it IF they utilize him but if they continue to neglect throwing the ball that way then it is a wasted selection ( and it would have been )

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    hey now Mark Bruener was a hell of a tight end and had much better hands than his catch count shows ... we just didnt utilize the TE like normal teams , they where an extra lineman and MB could block his ass off ..

I remember the thread your speaking of and I was not happy with the pick but said I have no issue with it IF they utilize him but if they continue to neglect throwing the ball that way then it is a wasted selection ( and it would have been )
    Speaking of TEs, Spaeth did some fine blocking.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Awesome idea, can't agree more ! Heath is a real class act and a great role model for ALL the young players !!

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

I really wish the Steelers would do a ring of honor type thing. Heath is a guy I would love to see honored in the stadium in some way.
    I agree, but we'd have to take out half the seats to make enough room.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    I agree, but we'd have to take out half the seats to make enough room.
    No worries. They're adding more seats to Heinz Field next year.