Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Game Ball Steelers vs Colts??

Dwinsgames

Re: Game Ball Steelers vs Colts??

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Let's not forget Antonio Bryant.
    was the first time I heard his name called in half dozen years . that's what I get for thinking he was retired and out of the game

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Ben and the O- Line !

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

What a game for Ben and, the O-Line Heath & AB, MB, and Bell grinding it out. They need to keep this going into the game Sunday Night against the Ravens and, I hope the o-line can do this again.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

I had to work and missed the game, but from what I've heard on the sports network.....Ben and over 500 yrds get's my game ball, and an HONORABLE mention the rest of the OL !! Now, I hope this team shows up next week !!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    I guess the one thing you can say is that we were all just down on Adams as we are now on Cortez. He's lost confidence and his form. But I still think there's a player there. Just probably not going to see him until next season. It's to the point where they're going to have to deactivate him for games.
    Yeah. Trust me, I'd love to see him (and this whole team) bounce back and have their act together. We've seen it done before...but at the moment, Allen is at an all-time low.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Heroes & Goats vs Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    THIS.

Adams sucks at left tackle. That's been proved over and over again. At right tackle, something just clicks for him. He got push, he stood guys up, he gave Ben a deep pocket, pushing rushers way past him. I was almost giving up on Adams after last year, but what I've seen in the last two games, I think we put Adams there, call him the starter, and be done with it.

I mean, over 500 yards passing and almost a 100-yard rusher in the same game? There can only be one answer . . .DO NOT SCREW WITH THE O LINE. Keep these guys out there (with the possible except of finding a place for Wallace to play on the left side).

Exactly. Adams seems like the reverse Max Starks, who sucked at RT and all of a sudden turned out OK when he was forced into service at LT. Our line play in this game was as good as I've seen it all year. Maybe having Munchak really is starting to pay off, and for Adams, just in time.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    No no no! Adams is not a left tackle! He's getting confidence over there at right tackle. Leave him be. And oh yeah, take a seat Marcus Gilbert. You're a high priced reserve now. If I had my way neither Gilbert or Allen would see the field again this season.
    I haven't given up on Adams just yet for the LT. Let's see what Munchak can do with him. As good as they played yesterday, they can still do better. Maybe Munchak waits until the OTAs, or God forbid, in the event of injury.

It just might come down to what draft pick they are going to give Muchak, if any.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    THIS.

Adams sucks at left tackle. That's been proved over and over again. At right tackle, something just clicks for him. He got push, he stood guys up, he gave Ben a deep pocket, pushing rushers way past him. I was almost giving up on Adams after last year, but what I've seen in the last two games, I think we put Adams there, call him the starter, and be done with it.

I mean, over 500 yards passing and almost a 100-yard rusher in the same game? There can only be one answer . . .DO NOT SCREW WITH THE O LINE. Keep these guys out there (with the possible except of finding a place for Wallace to play on the left side).
    It hasn't been proven with Munchak. If Munchak can straighten out Adams, I think he gives him a shot at LT. Maybe Foster moves to RT, Beachum to LG and Adams to LT. I don't think they will make that many changes during the season unless the injury bug creeps in. Speaking of which, is Munchak making a difference in that department as well?

So I think Muchak decides what to do depending on what draft pick, if any, he gets next year.