Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roethlisberger is the 1st player to have two 500 yard games in their career

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Roethlisberger is the 1st player to have two 500 yard games in their career

Ben sucks. His best days are clearly behind him....trade the bum!!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerette View Post
    While it was starting to be likely anyways, I think this game and the several records that came with it, cemented Ben as a first-balloter.
    You know I am not so sure about this. Not that I don't think he deserves it, but I don't get a vote. Does a performance like this get over looked in the long run or does it do more to cement Ben as Serious Top QB in the NFL? Seems every time I hear people name the tops Ben's name is always left off the list.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

It's hard to believe Marino didn't have two 500yd games
    Hater = Realist

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAsteeler View Post
    Ben sucks. His best days are clearly behind him....trade the bum!!

Game manager and drama queen. Doesn't know how to improvise. Not a great leader because he doesn't stay 8 hours after practice. Always wants a "tall" WR......selfish. Wins with Tommy Maddox's team.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    They still played some semblance of defense then. Marino in his prime could probably get 700 in today's NFL easily.

Senior Member Array title="blackngldblood has a spectacular aura about"> blackngldblood's Avatar

I don't know, call me a bad winner , but it is the cherry on top that Ben did this to the same defense that DaLoLton couldn't put points up against. Not a single point, Bengals.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    no its not, they played D back then ,and the rules where not all about letting the O put points up .
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

I hate the fact that Matt Schaub is on the 500+ list. It somehow taints its merit. And Schaub nearly came close for a 2nd, he was 3 yards shy.

Still a great feat by Ben. With the way he was carving up that defense he could have shattered that record.
    Last edited by Steelman; 10-27-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

I was really hoping they would have let Ben throw a few more completions. 7 TDs and the most passing yards in NFL history just feels right..
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Congrats Ben WTG keep this train rolling. You know after the Browns game most people wrote Ben & steelers as done. Now I hope the keep eating a crap burger for the rest of the season. I really like the fact that Ben is the only QB that has two of these 500+ days. I know Ben will probably never get the credit he deserves and, I'm know he really wnated yesterdays game.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Congrats Ben !! An awesome performance !

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    I was really hoping they would have let Ben throw a few more completions. 7 TDs and the most passing yards in NFL history just feels right..
    If "Martayveeous" catches that pass, he's probably gone and Ben would have had 7 TDs and the yardage record broken at the same time!

Oh well, at least he's got the only QB w/2 500 yard games record.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Better yet...AB extended his 5 for 50 streak!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    Next time.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Now lets see if they let Ben attack downfield for the rest of the season. We've been easy to defend up until yesterday because we were among the leagues worst for passes attempted 15 yards or further downfield. Jam the receivers and you pretty much had our passing game solved, or at least limited enough that it wasn't doing much damage on the scoreboard.

But lo and behold Ben gets to pass downfield for the first time this season and the offense comes to life. 8-11 for 208 and two touchdowns on downfield pass attempts yesterday. Was it just that Bryant was needed? He sure has helped. He looks like someone who can stretch a defense like Wallace was supposed to. And obviously that 3rd quarter TD toss to him in the corner is going to open up the middle of the field some.

Anyway long story short it's one game. But one game proves that it can happen. Now it's just a matter of having the will to keep doing it. It;s up to Haley.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Now lets see if they let Ben attack downfield for the rest of the season. We've been easy to defend up until yesterday because we were among the leagues worst for passes attempted 15 yards or further downfield. Jam the receivers and you pretty much had our passing game solved, or at least limited enough that it wasn't doing much damage on the scoreboard.

But lo and behold Ben gets to pass downfield for the first time this season and the offense comes to life. 8-11 for 208 and two touchdowns on downfield pass attempts yesterday. Was it just that Bryant was needed? He sure has helped. He looks like someone who can stretch a defense like Wallace was supposed to. And obviously that 3rd quarter TD toss to him in the corner is going to open up the middle of the field some.

Anyway long story short it's one game. But one game proves that it can happen. Now it's just a matter of having the will to keep doing it. It;s up to Haley.
    Really no reason to change, as far as I can see. We have a legitimate running game, legitimate deep threats and legitimate short threats. Just let Ben have some fun with his toys. AND, finally an O Line that can keep Ben's jersey clean. This is what Goodell wanted, so, here it is.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Ben throws 6 yesterday. Vikings QBs through eight games have thrown 5 TD passes...5.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Really no reason to change, as far as I can see. We have a legitimate running game, legitimate deep threats and legitimate short threats. Just let Ben have some fun with his toys. AND, finally an O Line that can keep Ben's jersey clean. This is what Goodell wanted, so, here it is.
    This please.

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post

Yes and no, Zu.

Part of the reason it exploded for so many points yesterday is BECAUSE we were playing the short game up until that point, which means the Colts defense would have been focused on buttoning that up. Open up the game deep, and they're in a situation that they haven't focused on at all. I doubt very much we will see that kind of performance again, no matter how well Ben and the offense plays, precisely because defenses will start planning for the deep routes against us again.

Senior Member Array title="blackngldblood has a spectacular aura about"> blackngldblood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Yes and no, Zu.

Part of the reason it exploded for so many points yesterday is BECAUSE we were playing the short game up until that point, which means the Colts defense would have been focused on buttoning that up. Open up the game deep, and they're in a situation that they haven't focused on at all. I doubt very much we will see that kind of performance again, no matter how well Ben and the offense plays, precisely because defenses will start planning for the deep routes against us again.
    But now with Martavis it becomes a pick your poison for opposing D's. No ones stopping Brown, the run game is pretty damned good. Choose one to defend, short or deep game, and hold on for the ride. It's a good problem to have if it works out that way. Big if..

Quote Originally Posted by blackngldblood View Post
    But now with Martavis it becomes a pick your poison for opposing D's. No ones stopping Brown, the run game is pretty damned good. Choose one to defend, short or deep game, and hold on for the ride. It's a good problem to have if it works out that way. Big if..

Also, the OL has to continue to play solid. They won't play that way (Colts game) forever but if they minimize mistakes and Munchak keeps them in focus, that is going to be the difference.

Ben Roethlisberger now has 6 games w/ a 150+ QB rating, tying Roger Staubach, Kurt Warner & Peyton Manning for most all-time (min 10 attempts)

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Breaking news: Goofdell announces that he is repealing the Mel Blount rule. He never intended for the anti-defense rules to benefit the Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Breaking news: Goofdell announces that he is repealing the Mel Blount rule. He never intended for the anti-defense rules to benefit the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Lol.😆

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackngldblood View Post
    I don't know, call me a bad winner , but it is the cherry on top that Ben did this to the same defense that DaLoLton couldn't put points up against. Not a single point, Bengals.....

This....and I wonder if Ben got a congratulatory text from Manny Sanders.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    This....and I wonder if Ben got a congratulatory text from Manny Sanders.
    Or Hines.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Or Hines.
    Or Bradshaw.