Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next superstar QB up is Colts' Andrew Luck

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Re: Next superstar QB up is Colts' Andrew Luck

oh come on guys. Luck cant help it if the colts probably tanked to get him. At the very end of the day, the guy is a class act, great player, and just plain hard to hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    oh come on guys. Luck cant help it if the colts probably tanked to get him. At the very end of the day, the guy is a class act, great player, and just plain hard to hate.
    I had a lot of respect for Luck, but gosh, those hissyfits on the sideline turned my stomach. Reminded of vintage Marsha.

Still think he's a tough QB, but showed off some major douche moves yesterday.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Would you rather your QB go sit on the bench and sulk quietly?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post

No, Luck didn't have anything to do with the tanking (I would remove "probably" from that sentence), so you can't hold it against him. And he's probably a great guy off the field or whatever. All I/everyone is saying is that he PLAYS like a whiny douche.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Would you rather your QB go sit on the bench and sulk quietly?

After a sequence like that, he should be hiding in shame.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    I'm not going to tell you what's honorable or not. But maximizing your chance to get a once a decade type franchise player is never the wrong thing to do in my opinion. Honor doesn't fill the seats or put you in playoff position for the next ten years.

But no disrespect intended. I admire your principles. I just wouldn't neccessarily apply them in the competitive world of sports.
    I agree, they would have gotten a whole lot more out of tanking the season, ensuring the no. 1 draft pick and then have their franchise set for at least a decade than trying their absolute hardest to achieve 6 or 7 wins that would have had absolutely no impact on the franchise, and then when Peyton retired and they couldn't find an adequate replacement they would have been screwed.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I agree, they would have gotten a whole lot more out of tanking the season, ensuring the no. 1 draft pick and then have their franchise set for at least a decade than trying their absolute hardest to achieve 6 or 7 wins that would have had absolutely no impact on the franchise, and then when Peyton retired and they couldn't find an adequate replacement they would have been screwed.
    Yes, sometimes the smart thing to do is also a shitty thing to do.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I know they tanked the season but damn they made us work for the win that year!