Thread: Man with axe attacks NYPD officers, makes ultimate sacrifice

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Man with axe attacks NYPD officers, makes ultimate sacrifice

A Muslim terrorist sympathizer with a death wish. Lord knows we've never seen one of them before.

A man armed with a hatchet who attacked a group of rookie cops on a Queens street, critically injuring one, was shot dead by the officers on Thursday afternoon, and a female bystander was hit by an errant round.

Police are investigating the possibility that the attacker killed on a rainswept shopping corridor, identified by police sources as Zale Thompson, 32, had links to terrorism. A Zale Thompson on Facebook is pictured wearing a keffiyeh and had a recent terrorism-related conversation with one of his Facebook friends, according to a police source.

Thompson made no statements as he approached the four officers with hatchet in hand on Jamaica Ave. near 162nd St. in Jamaica at 2 p.m., officials said.

The officers, who all graduated from the academy in July, had huddled together to take a photo for a freelance photographer when Thompson ran up and started swinging, striking a 24-year-old cop in the right arm, said NYPD Police Commissioner Bill Bratton.
    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1984914

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

Re: Man with axe attacks NYPD officers, makes ultimate sacrifice

Wtf.

Dwinsgames

Title should be ....

Man with no brains attacks Police with Axe ....

you got to be monumentally stupid , or really super freaking mentally disturbed ..... or BOTH

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Prayers to the victims for a full and fast recovery.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

It looks like they are going online to a propaganda site which advocates attacking police and their families and government officials. In any case have situation awareness and be on guard when out in public.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

This is exactly why the second amendment must be upheld. This is going to happen over and over again. Beheadings and barbarians armed with knives, hatchets, and homemade bombs.

It will the average American that puts an end to this long before this government ever wakes up. Remember when airplane passengers said no one is take a plane with box cutters again and took it upon themselves to overtake these morons?

It's time to stop waiting for this government to protect us. I expect very soon, one of these crazy nut jobs will be taken out by an armed citizen.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Never take a hatchet to a gunfight.

Best,
    -Slashy
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    It's time to stop waiting for this government to protect us. I expect very soon, one of these crazy nut jobs will be taken out by an armed citizen.
    And ten bucks says the lib media makes the armed citizen, who had every right to self defense, out to be the bad guy. Or they'll turn it into a racial issue...

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

However, I find this to be the most disturbing part:

a female bystander was hit by an errant round.
    Just like the hostage they killed a few months ago and the "mass shooting" downtown a little further back. I don't know any other police department that routinely hits innocent bystanders. They need to spend a little more time at the gun range so they can hit their target and only their target.

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

However, I find this to be the most disturbing part:

Just like the hostage they killed a few months ago and the "mass shooting" downtown a little further back. I don't know any other police department that routinely hits innocent bystanders. They need to spend a little more time at the gun range so they can hit their target and only their target.
    Have you ever been in a a close quarter gun fight? Hitting your target with every round is not always possible, especially if the round came from an office who is hit by a hatchet as he is firing.

There is such a thing as "legitimate collateral damage".

- - - Updated - - -

In fact, I'll take it a step further by saying the officers did a good job by not allowing the damage to go any further. What happens if the attacker kills all the cops, do you think he will put the hatchet away and slink off into the darkness?

OR, do you think he'd turn on any passersby?
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    Have you ever been in a a close quarter gun fight? Hitting your target with every round is not always possible, especially if the round came from an office who is hit by a hatchet as he is firing.

There is such a thing as "legitimate collateral damage".

- - - Updated - - -

In fact, I'll take it a step further by saying the officers did a good job by not allowing the damage to go any further. What happens if the attacker kills all the cops, do you think he will put the hatchet away and slink off into the darkness?

OR, do you think he'd turn on any passersby?
    My only problem with what you posted here, is that if it was a regular citizen that fired that round, he or she'd be charged and put in jail. There is a distinct double-standard for police verses civilians when it comes to hitting bystanders while defending life.

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    My only problem with what you posted here, is that if it was a regular citizen that fired that round, he or she'd be charged and put in jail. There is a distinct double-standard for police verses civilians when it comes to hitting bystanders while defending life.
    I don't agree.

If a civilian is legally carrying a concealed weapon (by legally meaning he is a law abiding citizen carrying a registered weapon and has had the proper training etc … ), is attached by a person with a hatchet, ESPECIALLY a terrorist-wannebe type, takes a hit from the hatchet while drawing his weapon, fires the weapon and hits a nearby bystander, you'd be pretty hard-pressed getting that passed the grand jury.

- - - Updated - - -

What many people fail to realize is that you can be arrested and charged all day long, but at the end of the day it comes down to a grand jury determining if it goes to trial and THEN it would be a trial by jury.

Under the scenario above, I can't imagine any way the person would go to jail. Now, he / she may spend a tidy sum on legal fees, but I don't see jail time.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

My fiance is in law enforcement. Anyone who may go after him will rue the day he or she did so. I have no mercy for this shit.