Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LaMarr Woodley likely out for season with biceps injury

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Re: LaMarr Woodley likely out for season with biceps injury

Injuries are 1 factor you can't really factor in when negotiating contracts.

Also, Woodley's contract become untenable because of the cap situation and the continual restructures performed by the FO.

So, IF Woodley doesn't go down against the Pats* and stayed healthy. And IF the FO kept their act together, we all would have a different opinion on Woodley.

For the injury, you can blame conditioning, maybe.
    For the way the numbers got crazy, blame the FO.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Injuries are 1 factor you can't really factor in when negotiating contracts.

Also, Woodley's contract become untenable because of the cap situation and the continual restructures performed by the FO.

So, IF Woodley doesn't go down against the Pats* and stayed healthy. And IF the FO kept their act together, we all would have a different opinion on Woodley.

For the injury, you can blame conditioning, maybe.
    For the way the numbers got crazy, blame the FO.
    Fair and valid points.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    And I see no reason that a guy who will never play another down for the Steelers a player who always showed up in the post season, gets so disrespected around here? Here's a hint, the guy wont take another dime of the Steelers money. So why the need for the continued cheap shots for a guy who had a pretty good run for this team on some pretty good defense.

But I'll stand down and let the Woodey haters tell you how LeBeau was so clueless to play such a shitty player for all those years.
    Sounds familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="KeiselPower99 is on a distinguished road"> KeiselPower99's Avatar

Just going to say it 1 year deal vet minimum. Make him earn it with nothing guaranteed like we did with DHB. He could be a good backup plan since Worilds is due another contract this year.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Woodley was never the same because of a pulled hamstring? Really? That's not the kind of thing that derails careers.

A constantly recurring nagging hamstring injury - which makes sense if you're always chugging around 20 pounds heavier than is good for you - well, that's another matter maybe, but I wouldn't put it in the "boo-hoo, this happened to me and was completely out of my control" category.

I still only ever thought he was as good as the players around him.
    See you Space Cowboy ...