Thread: Le'Veon Bell continues to be Steelers’ difference-maker

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Le'Veon Bell continues to be Steelers’ difference-maker

In Dallas, where the Cowboys are an NFL-best 6-1, they are pushing hard for running back DeMarco Murray as the league’s Most Valuable Player.

It is hard to argue. Murray has set an NFL record by rushing for more than 100 yards in each of the first seven games. He also has scored seven touchdowns.

In Pittsburgh, where the Steelers are a more mundane 4-3 after coming back to sting the Houston Texans, 30-23, Monday night, they will tell you they are thrilled to have their guy, Le’Veon Bell. He had another big game against the Texans with 145 yards from scrimmage, becoming the first player in Steelers history with more than 100 combined yards in each of the first seven games. He also scored the team’s final touchdown.

“Le’Veon thinks he can do anything on the football field,” Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. “I agree with him.”

Bell gave the Steelers a lift when they needed it most Monday night.

Several of them, actually..........

Read more @

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Re: Le'Veon Bell continues to be Steelers’ difference-maker

At this point I would never trade Bell for Murray. I think most of you will agree with me on that.

Yes, Murray has been incredibly impressive, but I believe he is running behind the best O-line in the NFL. Also (and I hate to say this about anyone) I have a feeling that he will suffer an injury at some point in the near future given his track record and the fact that the Cowboys are really running the wheels off of him. Isn't he on pace to have somewhere near the most carries by a RB ever? Given his track record with injuries this would make me very nervous as a Cowboys fan.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    At this point I would never trade Bell for Murray. I think most of you will agree with me on that.

Yes, Murray has been incredibly impressive, but I believe he is running behind the best O-line in the NFL. Also (and I hate to say this about anyone) I have a feeling that he will suffer an injury at some point in the near future given his track record and the fact that the Cowboys are really running the wheels off of him. Isn't he on pace to have somewhere near the most carries by a RB ever? Given his track record with injuries this would make me very nervous as a Cowboys fan.
    Agreed.

If he hits over 350 carries, you can pretty much count him out for the next few seasons. Those types of "workhorse" backs don't last anymore. (He is on pace for 427 carries).

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Best move this team made this offseason was signing Blount. What that move will do to preserve Bell is incalculable.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

He and AB are the two best Steelers so far (at 1 and 1a) and the only two players who as of right now I would select to the pro bowl

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    He and AB are the two best Steelers so far (at 1 and 1a) and the only two players who as of right now I would select to the pro bowl
    Maybe Pouncey goes to the Pro Bowl as well. He has been responsible for a few of those great holes up the middle that Bell and Bount have taken advantage of.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Maybe Pouncey goes to the Pro Bowl as well. He has been responsible for a few of those great holes up the middle that Bell and Bount have taken advantage of.
    The play that really stands out with Pouncey and Bell involved is that short left pass to Bell with Pouncey getting to the second level and Bell bobbed and weaved behind him to pick up like 10 extra yards. What a work of art.

For once I think Pouncey isnt playing like his overrated self. He's playing like an actual pro bowl center again
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Steelermania is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    The play that really stands out with Pouncey and Bell involved is that short left pass to Bell with Pouncey getting to the second level and Bell bobbed and weaved behind him to pick up like 10 extra yards. What a work of art.

For once I think Pouncey isnt playing like his overrated self. He's playing like an actual pro bowl center again
    It helps to be healthy.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Best move this team made this offseason was signing Blount. What that move will do to preserve Bell is incalculable.
    Yep....and averaging over 5 yards per carry with the Patriots last year I was surprised we got him at such a good price.

I can see the Bell and Blount TV commercial now (Sam Elliot's voice).

"This is your not your grandparents weed....we are professional grade"
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="one side only is a jewel in the rough"> one side only's Avatar

The Colts are are just 30th in run defense DVOA and 31st in receiving DVOA against running backs. If you put stock in such measurements, Le'Veon should have a good day against the Colts.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

One side only

The Colts are are just 30th in run defense DVOA and 31st in receiving DVOA against running backs. If you put stock in such measurements, Le'Veon should have a good day against the Colts.
    I hope they still pass the ball down field to keep their defense honest.

Cleveland had a poor run defense and we ended up having one of our less productive games on the ground if I am not mistaken.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by one side only View Post
    yeah but theyre also 4th in scoring defense, 3rd in total defense, 5th in passing defense, 9th in run defense, 4th in red zone defense, and 1st in 3rd down defense.

Pair that with an offense that needs no introduction (1st in red zone offense as well), and no one wants to play you.

im still bracing for all hell to break loose, we havent played a game yet that instills confidence for me in this team. 34-24 colts
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.