Thread: Mike Tomlin mum on Antonio Brown trick-play touchdown

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Mike Tomlin mum on Antonio Brown trick-play touchdown

The Pittsburgh Steelers reached into their bag of trick to score the touchdown that put them ahead for good in a 30-23 win over the Houston Texans.

But coach Mike Tomlin was in no mood to talk about wide receiver Antonio Brown’s 3-yard touchdown pass to Lance Moore the day after it happened -- or at least discuss how the play came about with the Steelers trailing the Texans late in the first half.

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger told 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh on Tuesday morning that Tomlin called the play in which Brown took a pitch in the backfield, pivoted back to his left and hit Moore in the end zone.

Tomlin refused to confirm that he had indeed made that play call, though he did not deny it either.

“I take responsibility for all calls,” Tomlin said Tuesday at his weekly news conference. “I’m not going to get into the intimate details about how we administer our business on the sidelines during the course of football games. I don’t think that’s prudent. I don’t think that helps us.”..........

read more @ http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-s..._/id/9976/9976

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Re: Mike Tomlin mum on Antonio Brown trick-play touchdown

AB talked about the play to a greater extent in an interview after the game. He said that they'd tried it a couple of times in practice and I think it worked once and failed once. His primary receiver on the play was Wheaton, but AB actually did a great job QBing and went through his progressions as he rolled out, escaping a defender. And as we all saw, he threw a perfect pass to Moore on the run.

He also had the option of running it if he didn't find an open guy. But I think AB was determined to show that he can do absolutely everything, which of course he can .

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

147.9 passer rating for AB this year

Senior Member Array title="one side only is a jewel in the rough"> one side only's Avatar

I read somewhere today (Ed Bouchette maybe) that the Steelers have practiced that play since the days of Cedric Wilson.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

"Mumlin"?
    Last edited by GBMelBlount; 10-21-2014 at 09:37 PM.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant