Thread: Patriots acquire Ayers from Titans

Dwinsgames

Patriots acquire Ayers from Titans

once highly thought of Ayers fell out of favor in the Music City and Pats stole his services for next to nothing

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...rs-to-patriots

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Re: Patriots acquire Ayers from Titans

how the fuck do they always fleece all of these teams so easily
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Knowing the Patriots luck this dude will be a beast in New England

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

meh...the Patriots get all this praise for pulling off these deals, but probably an equal number don't work out...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    meh...the Patriots get all this praise for pulling off these deals, but probably an equal number don't work out...
    Exactly. Adalius Thomas and Haynesworth certainly didn't work out for them.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I'm betting the Patriots wished they threw more coin at Manny Sanders.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I'm betting the Patriots wished they threw more coin at Manny Sanders.
    he didnt do shit for us ( nearly equal yardage with Broncos already in this season ) .....

Manning factor I guess ( his comments on Peyton over Ben ) ringing true to some degree at least

I'd be willing to bet he'd be doing a lot more for the Steelers this year than the current line up behind AB. I'd also be willing to bet he'd be having a pretty nice season in New England as well...maybe not to the extent he's having in Denver, but he's better than anything New England has up there now.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

he didnt do shit for us ( nearly equal yardage with Broncos already in this season ) .....

Manning factor I guess ( his comments on Peyton over Ben ) ringing true to some degree at least
    yes, but manny also improved himself it looks like. i saw on nfl.com somewhere that he hadn't dropped a pass through week 7
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    yes, but manny also improved himself it looks like. i saw on nfl.com somewhere that he hadn't dropped a pass through week 7
    he probably dropped a few in practice and Peyton probably ripped him a new ass ... now he fears dropping any ?

but yea no drops is impressive

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

I wouldn't call 67 catches for 700+ yards and 6 td's nothing. And the Broncos run a different offense than us. Receivers will be more productive in that offense.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    I wouldn't call 67 catches for 700+ yards and 6 td's nothing. And the Broncos run a different offense than us. Receivers will be more productive in that offense.

but but but what about it taking players multiple years to learn a new system ( <---dripping sarcasm ) , players normally regress in the first year in a new system

634 and 4 TDs after 7 games in Denver and ranked top 10 in the league ( 8th ) http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...2&d-447263-n=1