Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 8:Indianapolis Colts(5-2)

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Week 8:Indianapolis Colts(5-2)

Do you think the Steelers can contain Andrew Luck and his offense?

The Colts are first in scoring this year and their defense is playing very well in recent weeks and that includes a shutout against the Bengals in their last game.

A big challenge for the steelers!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Re: Week 8:Indianapolis Colts(5-2)

In all honesty I don't think they have a snowball in hell's chance. Their only hope is the Colts look past them.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Colts are positioning for the playoffs. Ball would have to bounce Steelers' way to have any chance, but the Colts have a better team. Haley would need to put something together like he has never done before while we would also need to see the James Harrison of 2008. I doubt either happens on the road and we lose a game after winning, the mark of a mediocre team.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    I doubt either happens on the road and we lose a game after winning, the mark of a mediocre team.
    Game is in Pittsburgh and Pitt plays Georgia Tech the day before at Heinz so maybe the field isn't as good and the Colts can't get their offense going as well as usual.

Also Bumblebee jerseys this weekend.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

This team can beat anybody at any time. It can also lose to anybody at any time. That being said, I hope they don't come out like they did against the Texans, because the Colts will score TDs, not FGs like Houston did. The 13-0 deficit against Houston would be a 21-0 deficit against Indy.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

i think we can contain the colts to under 50 points.

but seriously, that blanking of the bengals makes this game that much scarier. where the hell did that come from? imagine if robert mathis were actually playing.

ryan shazier at least practiced in limited capacity last week. hopefully he can make it back for this one. he's going to have to make a few splash plays for us to have a chance in this one. Ben needs to finally have his 1st 3 TD, 300 yard game since forever, but at the same time, leveon needs to eat. no more of this crap where he only get 10 carries even though he's averaging 5-6 yards a carry during a game.

a second receiver needs to emerge as a reliable target. zero catches last night wheaton? really? after your crappy day the week before?

dri archer. you're coming out party starts now.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

I do not think the Steelers can beat every teams...Yes the win against the Panthers were a surprise at this time, but the Panthers are very bad since, especially in defense...The best team the Steelers beat since last year, it was against the Bengals that are bad on the road...The only other team with a winning record that the Steelers have won since last year it was against the Packers without Aaron Rodgers....A win against the Colts would be an upset, even if it's at home

The Colts also have the best defense against the 3rd down and they are the best team in the time of possession

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I do not think the Steelers can beat every teams...Yes the win against the Panthers were a surprise at this time, but the Panthers are very bad since, especially in defense....A win against the Colts would be an upset, even if it's at home

The Colts also have the best defense against the 3rd down and they are the best team in the time of possession
    If they were unbeatable, they'd be 7-0 and not 5-2. They play the games for a reason.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    If they were unbeatable, they'd be 7-0 and not 5-2. They play the games for a reason.
    Exactly. That's why I am predicting that the Steelers shock the world this Sunday and beat the Colts. No one is unbeatable when they come to Heinz in October. I most likely will be wrong about this, but I'm standing firmly behind my call.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Exactly. That's why I am predicting that the Steelers shock the world this Sunday and beat the Colts. No one is unbeatable when they come to Heinz in October. I most likely will be wrong about this, but I'm standing firmly behind my call.
    If I were betting money on the game, would I be taking the Steelers? Hell no. That's partly why I'm not a betting man.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    If I were betting money on the game, would I be taking the Steelers? Hell no. That's partly why I'm not a betting man.
    I never beat on the Steelers, especially this Helter Skelter team. Never start a Steeler for fantasy football (I don't play fantasy football anymore)

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Game is in Pittsburgh and Pitt plays Georgia Tech the day before at Heinz so maybe the field isn't as good and the Colts can't get their offense going as well as usual.

Also Bumblebee jerseys this weekend.

Like Georgia tech in that game.
    2/2 Bumblebees
    "It comes with the Territory" - Floyd 'Money' Mayweather

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Colts can be beat and, they have two losses. Now it will take the best effort of the season for this to happen and, the offense can't get behind like FS76 said above. We have playmakers on offense I hoping things will come together and, maybe the defense can cause a few takeaways.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

I was at the Texas game, and I'm happy as hell we got the win...but let me tell you the only impressive part was the last of the 2nd quarter when Texans crumbled and the Black/Gold capitalized on their mistakes. Now, with that being said I really don't see the Colt's self-destruct the way the Texan's did, and with the LACK of tackling the Steeler's displayed in Texan's game, I can see an ugly Steeler loss. Colt's 31-13 The next 2 games are going to be big and it would be nice to win BOTH, but I don't see it happening. If we would have to lose 1 though, Indy game would be the one to lose. The rat's game the following week is a must ! Please prove me wrong .... GO STEELERS ! ( I HATE throwbacks--this is really going to be ugly)

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Any chance Shazier will be back for this game?
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Any chance Shazier will be back for this game?
    yes

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

I think our D comes up big. I liked the amount of communication I saw out on the field. Looks like the guys are starting to come together. Now if McCullers supplants Thomas, we just might get on a roll.

Steelers 35 Colts 24

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I envision this game being very very painful with everyone feeling they just got kicked in the nuts. My prediction will be very descriptive, moreso than any previous description before, to fully capture how painful it will be. Steelers play up to their competition and behind strong performances by Ben, Bell, and AB and from a critical turnover, the Steelers take a 24-10 3rd quarter lead and a 31-17 4th quarter lead with about 5 minutes left to play. That is where things fall apart. Starting at their own 20, the Colts score a TD with ease, the offense goes 3 and out and the Colts tie the game on 4th and goal from around the 10 with about 10 seconds left. The Steelers go 3 and out and the Colts drive down the field easily to kick the field goal to win 34-31 in OT. The Steelers will have us believing that the ship is righted and that playoffs is a real possibility only to kick us fans in the nuts with this damaging heart-breaker, against a QB skilled in comeback wins, that sends the season in the wrong direction.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I envision this game being very very painful with everyone feeling they just got kicked in the nuts. My prediction will be very descriptive, moreso than any previous description before, to fully capture how painful it will be. Steelers play up to their competition and behind strong performances by Ben, Bell, and AB and from a critical turnover, the Steelers take a 24-10 3rd quarter lead and a 31-17 4th quarter lead with about 5 minutes left to play. That is where things fall apart. Starting at their own 20, the Colts score a TD with ease, the offense goes 3 and out and the Colts tie the game on 4th and goal from around the 10 with about 10 seconds left. The Steelers go 3 and out and the Colts drive down the field easily to kick the field goal to win 34-31 in OT. The Steelers will have us believing that the ship is righted and that playoffs is a real possibility only to kick us fans in the nuts with this damaging heart-breaker, against a QB skilled in comeback wins, that sends the season in the wrong direction.

In other words, the 2009 season or this season's Tampa Bay game. Yep. That's exactly how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post

It would be a surprise since the Steelers have not lost a game after having a lead of at least 14 points in the last 25 years

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

It would be a surprise since the Steelers have not lost a game after having a lead of at least 14 points in the last 25 years
    A. Streaks can definitely end
    B. I definitely think it is reasonable to think that Andrew Luck could come back from 14 points against the Steelers prevent defense (which I guarantee will be run)

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

The only way we win this game is if the offense comes out strong and plays up to their potential whistle to whistle. That hasn't happened yet this year. Just have to pray that everything comes together this week.

And even with that, we'll need a few breaks on defense and special teams because the Colts will put up points against us. A lot of them.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

andrew luck is one of those dudes that are much more terrifying to play with if you have the lead on him. he's the new comeback kid on the block.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Renegade has a spectacular aura about"> Renegade's Avatar

being totally honest, i think the steelers can smash the colts. the game against the ravens which is so important, never seems to go our way in prime time. ratbirds always win under the lights. i dont know why, but it seems the ravens either smash us or we barely win. with this being said, the steelers must win the next 2 games. a blowout vs indy (30-14) and a walk off fg vs baltimore (20-17).

Senior Member Array title="plenewken will become famous soon enough">

Do you think the Steelers can contain Andrew Luck and his offense? !
    Have you watched our D this year?

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Steelers will need to score a TD on their first possession and then keep scoring. Luck can throw at Cortez Allen for 200+ yards in the first half.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

We saw the damage the Steelers are capable of in just 3 minutes when playing inspired.

Ben, Brown, Bell, Heyward, Timmons and Shazam....Let's get this team inspired for Indy!
    Last edited by GBMelBlount; 10-22-2014 at 08:15 AM.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

What the Steelers need to do is keep Luck off the field. If you can get Bell and Blount about 40 carries between them and run for 150+ yards you might keep Luck out of rhythm.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    We saw the damage the Steelers are capable of in just 3 minutes when playing inspired.

Ben, Brown, Bell, Heyward, Timmons and Shazam....Let's get this team inspired for Indy
    !
    That's what it will take, because Tomlin can't ever get this team pumped and prepared for a game !!