Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 8:Indianapolis Colts(5-2)

Dwinsgames

Re: Week 8:Indianapolis Colts(5-2)

If we go into this game with 1 weapon at WR like we have most weeks in 2014 we are DONE before we start ......

not trying to be doom and gloom , BUT

1) we are not a very good team

2) we are predictable in the passing game because thus far we have had just 1 true outside weapon

A win is not an impossibility but it is an improbability unless a totally different team shows up to play this Sunday , a team we have not seen in some time ( dating back a few years )

* as a side note Emanuel Sanders is the 10th leading receiver in the league with an Elite QB getting him the ball in his first year in their system ( something that usually stunts the growth of a WR in the 1st season of a new system ) so can we finally let the Ben is Elite thing die ???

Ben is a really good player that is highly competitive and can do some things others can not , but lets not confuse that with being Elite and save that word for the truly special players of the game

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

The one thing they CAN do, though, is run the football. Against an aggressive pressure defense like the Colts have, it is invaluable. It's their road to victory IMO. If Ben has to throw more than 25 passes in this game, the Steelers will lose.

As for Ben himself, I still believe he is an elite quarterback who has yet to have his talents fully utilized. If he played in a similar offense that Manning does, he'd put up elite numbers for sure. He's really that good.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Colts defense have allowed 4 of 41 third down conversions in the last 4 games.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Bell could be the difference maker in that area for us , he is a multi dimensional back and very dangerous in the passing game esp in the 4-8 yard range and should permit us to be decent on 3rd down vs a def that often times over commits to rushing the passer ...

Bell will have to be HUGE in this one or we have little to no chance like XT said

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

Oh the Hurt of having 3 Colts on your Fantasy team. Im 7-0, so they've been benched.
    "It comes with the Territory" - Floyd 'Money' Mayweather

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Ben was completing 70% of his passes and aren't we averaging about 5 ypc on the ground?

So it sounds like we are effective both passing and running.

I think with better play calling we can get plenty of first downs, control the ball, the clock and the scorebard.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Hire Snoop Dogg as OC!

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Hire Snoop Dogg as OC!
    Bell and Blount would love that.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Two brutal games coming up. Colts and Ravens coming to Pittsburgh back-to-back.

The first legitimately good teams the Steelers will face this year.

That said, If the Steelers come out lethargic like they have been these past couple games, this game will be sealed by halftime.

Senior Member Array title="Renegade has a spectacular aura about"> Renegade's Avatar

Was anybody else impressed with bryce mccain? he made andre johnson disappear! If he can do that to wayne or hilton while the other is covered in zone options with polumalu, I think the pass rush can be disruptive. Harrison, Keisel, Timmons need to bring the lumber and punish andrew.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Was anybody else impressed with bryce mccain? he made andre johnson disappear! If he can do that to wayne or hilton while the other is covered in zone options with polumalu, I think the pass rush can be disruptive. Harrison, Keisel, Timmons need to bring the lumber and punish andrew.
    have to think that his time playing for the texans helped him. he did say that he was able to read the play where he got a pick 6 against the jaguars right away because of the time he spent in the AFC South.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Yes, McCain played well. I'd like to see him continue to get the start.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

It seem whenever the Ravens play the Colts (Manning, Luck, whoever), their defense is rather pedestrian but all of a sudden they play lights out. Their D was ok at season's start, then they seemed to gel when Baltimore played at Indy and lost. And their defense is still playing tough. Which is bad, brutha, bad! when you couple it with that offense.

But they aren't invincible. Keep the score close and the game is winnable.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Was anybody else impressed with bryce mccain? he made andre johnson disappear!
    Yep, I was impressed. It seemed like every time Cortez tried to cover AJ, he got abused.

Senior Member Array title="one side only is a jewel in the rough"> one side only's Avatar

Nuggets of info to consider:

Ahmad Bradshaw currently has the third-highest fumble rate in the league for backs with at least 50 carries, while Trent Richardon (who didn't practice Wednesday, by the way) has the eighth-highest rate. The Colts have more rushing fumbles than any team in the league.

Steelers are 29th in Football Outsiders Receiving DVOA allowed to tight ends. The Colts have a pretty good pair of tight ends in Dwayne Allen & Coby Fleener.

The Colts are are just 30th in run defense DVOA and 31st in receiving DVOA against running backs. Le'Veon should have a good day.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by one side only View Post
    Nuggets of info to consider:

Ahmad Bradshaw currently has the third-highest fumble rate in the league for backs with at least 50 carries, while Trent Richardon (who didn't practice Wednesday, by the way) has the eighth-highest rate. The Colts have more rushing fumbles than any team in the league.

Steelers are 29th in Football Outsiders Receiving DVOA allowed to tight ends. The Colts have a pretty good pair of tight ends in Dwayne Allen & Coby Fleener.

The Colts are are just 30th in run defense DVOA and 31st in receiving DVOA against running backs. Le'Veon should have a good day.
    Here's another.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-straight-day/

Senior Member Array title="one side only is a jewel in the rough"> one side only's Avatar

I actually hope Wayne plays, especially if he isn't 100%. He appears to have gotten old quickly. He had two drops last week against Cincy.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Yep, I was impressed. It seemed like every time Cortez tried to cover AJ, he got abused.
    Cortez is in a funk. I don't think he could cover my mother at the moment. I think the problem has gone from his body to between his ears if you know what I mean.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Cortez is in a funk. I don't think he could cover my mother at the moment. I think the problem has gone from his body to between his ears if you know what I mean.
    And that is the toughest problem to overcome. It's easy to tape an ankle or a wrist, but once you start doubting yourself, it is a slippery slope. Hope he can get on track soon.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

The Colts are not unbeatable, but they Steelers are going to have to play a lot better than they have all year. Our pass defense is a mismatch against Luck and the pass O, and their defense is capable of holding the O in check, especially in the redzone. Keep in mind the Steelers have played only one team that can be considered about as good as the Colts and that was the Ravens. It is a scenario where the Steelers will have to play their best game and the Colts will have to be playing below what they are capable of

Senior Member Array title="KeiselPower99 is on a distinguished road"> KeiselPower99's Avatar

I think the defense will continue to give up yards as the NFL has become the Arena League as of late. However it is all about stops and I can see us getting a few here and there. Offensively we have not been great but we have been moving the ball. I am buying into the power of the bumblebees this week and say it I think Steelers win 27-17 and we will have ourselves a winning streak.

Additional nuggets of info, courtesy of Dale Lolley: http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

Of Indianapolis' 19 touchdown passes this season, 14 have gone to the running backs and tight ends.
    Though Pittsburgh has allowed just 10 touchdown passes this season, six of those have gone to opposing running backs and tight ends.

T.Y. Hilton is a threat, but Dwayne Allen may be the difference maker.

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

If Cortez was playing lights-out right now, I'd give our defense a fighting chance. But with him suddenly forgetting how to cover anyone, and lack of a decent pass rush, I think Luck will run wild. We're going to have to score a ton of points to keep up.

Reggie Wayne, out; Trent Richardson, questionable. Wayne has been targeted on about 20% of pass attempts. Steelers must be physical with TY Hilton and keep close to Dwayne Allen.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by one side only View Post
    Additional nuggets of info, courtesy of Dale Lolley: http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

Of Indianapolis' 19 touchdown passes this season, 14 have gone to the running backs and tight ends.
    Though Pittsburgh has allowed just 10 touchdown passes this season, six of those have gone to opposing running backs and tight ends.

T.Y. Hilton is a threat, but Dwayne Allen may be the difference maker.
    Opposing TEs have killed us for years. I think that's a big reason that Shazier was drafted. I thought that Spence would help with covering TEs also with his speed but he hasn't done a real good job of it.

Allen and Fleener are going to tear us up.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

The Colts are better on offense, defense and special teams than the Steelers. Also are better prepared and coached. The Steelers only chance is that the Colts take this game for granted, and after they watch film on the Steelers recent games that is a strong possibility. And if that happens we'll still need the ball to bounce our way. Throw in a couple bad calls going the way of the Steelers and we might have a chance. To keep it close. . My final predcition Colts 38- 27. And the score will be closer than the game played. Hope like hell I'm wrong.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    I think our D comes up big. I liked the amount of communication I saw out on the field. Looks like the guys are starting to come together. Now if McCullers supplants Thomas, we just might get on a roll.

Steelers 35 Colts 24
    Well, I almost had the half time score right.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Lucky or not, I'll take the W. And in fact, I'm going on record right now and predict that they will find a way to beat the Colts next week. For some reason, the Steelers often find a way to win games they have no business winning.
    Thank you Steelers for rewarding my faith in you.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

stone cold prediction
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Trick is, how do we get this team to play Tampa Bay?