Thread: Quick Hits - Steelers /Texans

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quick Hits - Steelers /Texans

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Re: Quick Hits - Steelers /Texans

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

We need a bearded Kiesel smiley.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

when did lawrence timmons puke? how did i miss this
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/10E...MlszzcddwRBWbo

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

How did you miss the Immaculate Projection?

Senior Member Array title="Kittyfish is a glorious beacon of light"> Kittyfish's Avatar

^^^ Bwah ha ha! Good one!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    We need a bearded Kiesel smiley.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Added.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    And that was actually the second time. The first time was when they were lined up for the play. He just let it rip, and then took off when the ball was snapped.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Blandino's explanation is insane. First of all, you don't need indisputable evidence to UPHOLD the call on the field, you need indisputable evidence to OVERTURN the call. And there absolutely was no indisputable evidence. And his stupid comment about advancing it a few frames to show where his toe hits the white line… WHAT? Hell, why not keep advancing it until both feet are out? We all know that goes out of bounds EVENTUALLY. The point is, prove, and I mean PROVE, that AB's toe doesn't hit green grass before it touches anything white. You can't prove that.

Look at this picture and tell me you know FOR SURE that his toe isn't touching the turf. Seeing how his heel is up, I don't see how his toe could possibly NOT BE TOUCHING ANYTHING GREEN.

- - - Updated - - -

I already know that the NFL is run by boneheads, but damn, at least admit when when of your guys makes a mistake. We can forgive mistakes (especially when they don't affect the outcome) but this Blandino guy is on my Roger Goodell permanent Douche List.

- - - Updated - - -

Here, watch Mike Golic go off on this idiot about a past comment he made (also involving AB):

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10155375/dean-blandino-head-nfl-officials-says-hit-kevin-huber-was-illegal

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Blandino is an idiot. It's easy to see why the officials suck with him being the VP of Officiating.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Gruden's comment was spot on. "I used to really love football." And then Tirico tried to press him on it and Gruden wouldn't go any further and tried to downplay it. However, I totally understood what he was saying about the officials.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Blandino is an idiot. It's easy to see why the officials suck with him being the VP of Officiating.
    He has spent too much time on the Cowboys private bus. Hmmm, maybe that's why the Cowboys are 6-1?

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    He has spent too much time on the Cowboys private bus. Hmmm, maybe that's why the Cowboys are 6-1?
    Hmmm, you could be on to something there.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Been rewatching the game the last couple days on NFL rewind when I've had a chance. Something that stuck out to me.

Tomlin not going for it on 4th and an inch when the Steelers had all the games momentum is still puzzling to me? First off he should have called for a measurement. The ball was spotted properly and it was short of first down. But not by more than 3 or 4 inches. Literally it could have been as little as two inches. Did Tomlin not realize this? The Steelers were getting good push up the middle from the line. Ball on the Texans 40. How the hell do you not go for it there? This one stupid ass decision forced the Steelers offense to play with basd field position for the next two possessions. Have some balls Tomlin, go for it there!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Been rewatching the game the last couple days on NFL rewind when I've had a chance. Something that stuck out to me.

Tomlin not going for it on 4th and an inch when the Steelers had all the games momentum is still puzzling to me? First off he should have called for a measurement. The ball was spotted properly and it was short of first down. But not by more than 3 or 4 inches. Literally it could have been as little as two inches. Did Tomlin not realize this? The Steelers were getting good push up the middle from the line. Ball on the Texans 40. How the hell do you not go for it there? This one stupid ass decision forced the Steelers offense to play with basd field position for the next two possessions. Have some balls Tomlin, go for it there!
    Have to agree with you Zu. I found it puzzling as well that Tomlin didn't go for it. Seemed like the perfect time to let the offense make a statement.