Senior Member Array title="plenewken will become famous soon enough">

Re: Game balls and goat horns.

There was a game last night?

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
    There was a game last night?
    no , we are all just fantasizing

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

It's possible Bell's DUI was a wake up call and he is out to prove something. When a great WR like AB can also throw for a TD that is something special. Ben and HEath also made some plays. DHB's 3rd down catch was one of many game savers.

All DCs are going to throw at Cortez Allen if the Steelers continue to play him when he is not ready. They will pass for more TDs than we will prevent. Prevent defense is good if you have a 3 TD lead with less than a minute to play. To seal a game remember Woodley's strip sack of Warner in the Super Bowl? Haley continues to lack strategic common sense during times of stress when quick thinking is needed. We scored because the ball uncharacteristically bounced our way and Fitzpatrick can't make every throw.

The vomit voodoo worked. Timmons should wash down a couple of kraut dogs with a glass of lumpy milk when we play the Colts.
    Last edited by ALLD; 10-21-2014 at 01:38 PM.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Game ball Bell for turning Momentum and the D for building on that momentum. Nice int. by Kiesel. Not a lot of dumb penalties and that speaks volumes because I think we would get flagged even if there was hint of a penalty.

Goats. The refs for 2 non calls the holding call on the opening drive that killed the drive, it was blatant, and taking away AB's Touchdown. As stated the proof has to be there to overturn it. The refs in our games are missing blatant calls at an alarming rate. Good teams over come bad officiating but Damn these calls are piling up and killing us in the long run.

Whoever called a pass play late in the game when all we have to do is run clock and whoever calls for a run on Damn near every 1st down. My son and I were calling the game and if we can do it I am sure the DC for the other team can do it.

And yes I agree we were a bit lucky to win this game. I think it was more of Texas losing the game than us winning it.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    not going to get overly excited ... remember this team was getting their asses handed to them until the 3 min mark of the second Q and without that 3 min spurt it would have been a laugher at the end as well ...

was their some bright spots ..... sure but I am not going to mistake those bright spots as a turn around nor will I mistake this win for one either ...

yes some good signs but some bad ones as well ( remember we got into a pretty big hole or we would not have had to bail ourselves out of one )

Youngsters getting a hat was a step in the right direction and for the most part where impactful , but this staff is liable to not give them a hat again next week unless injuries dictate they get one so I will not hold my breath .....

stack wins over the next few weeks and you may convince me , otherwise I am just a critical onlooker who refuses to be fooled

I'm happy for the win but I agree with you Dwins, in fact the Steelers probably agree with you.

Senior Member Array title="The Bark is a jewel in the rough"> The Bark's Avatar

I thought Adams did a decent job when he went in. There was one play in particular where I saw somebody dive into a pile to try and get the runner extra yardage and was surprised to see it was Adams. I thought McCullers was decent, too. A few plays in particular he showed a lot of promise, driving the center back a good 8 yards or so. Bryant's first NFL catch reminded me of Starling Marte's first MLB at bat: home run.

There's a lot to be pleased with, but not overly so: take away those three minutes and this game is completely different. Nice to see them capitalize on errors and score in the red zone, but there's still something to be said about consistency and the fact that this team really, really comes out of the tunnel not ready to play every single week.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Lucky or not, I'll take the W. And in fact, I'm going on record right now and predict that they will find a way to beat the Colts next week. For some reason, the Steelers often find a way to win games they have no business winning.

Now watch them lose 45-3 or something...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

not going to get overly excited ... remember this team was getting their asses handed to them until the 3 min mark of the second Q and without that 3 min spurt it would have been a laugher at the end as well ...

was their some bright spots ..... sure but I am not going to mistake those bright spots as a turn around nor will I mistake this win for one either ...

yes some good signs but some bad ones as well ( remember we got into a pretty big hole or we would not have had to bail ourselves out of one )

Youngsters getting a hat was a step in the right direction and for the most part where impactful , but this staff is liable to not give them a hat again next week unless injuries dictate they get one so I will not hold my breath .....

stack wins over the next few weeks and you may convince me , otherwise I am just a critical onlooker who refuses to be fooled

J/K, Dwins. Couldn't resist.

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Lucky or not, I'll take the W. And in fact, I'm going on record right now and predict that they will find a way to beat the Colts next week. For some reason, the Steelers often find a way to win games they have no business winning.

Now watch them lose 45-3 or something...
    Hopefully they are not looking ahead to the Ravens the following week - another national televised game

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Game balls to the Killer B's of Bell, Ben and Brown!

Honorable mentions to Timmons and Kiesel for getting those turnovers on defense so our offense could work their magic.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

1. AB gets a game ball. That TD pass was tight. Great catch by his crotch too. You could definitely tell he had to squeeze a little tighter than he'd have liked to. Bell is 1B.

Goat's are Cam and Cortez.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Game Ball- A. Brown without a doubt.
    Game Goats - Defense, NO ONE can tackle !!!!! NO ONE can cover !!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Game Ball- A. Brown without a doubt.
    Game Goats - Defense, NO ONE can tackle !!!!! NO ONE can cover !!!!!!!!!!
    Really?
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Hahaha.....just searching man !

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Can we please rip every page out of the defensive play book that has anything to do with the PREVENT DEFENSE?

Game ball: Ben and Brown. Ben takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Brown, well, what else can Brown do for you? Even robbed of a TD.

Goats, nah, we won. Everyone gets a break. But Cortez, wake up.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Can we please rip every page out of the defensive play book that has anything to do with the PREVENT DEFENSE?

Game ball: Ben and Brown. Ben takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Brown, well, what else can Brown do for you? Even robbed of a TD.

Goats, nah, we won. Everyone gets a break. But Cortez, wake up.
    One of the key differences between last night's game and pretty much every other game this year is that we were finally able to OVERCOME THE REFS. That TD would have been nice but the bad call didn't kill me at the time because I didn't think we'd ultimately need those points. That's a good feeling I don't get too often with this team.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Game ball: The ball itself.

The football so rarely bounces our way in any situation that I feel compelled to give it some appreciation, especially for that Keisel pick. Plus there was the slippery ball that went through their kick returner's hands (that led to points for us) and the Mitchell strip that ended up under one of our guys. And of course the ball ultimately bouncing past some Texans and into our hands on that onside kick. So here's to you, football-that-bounced-our-way-for-seemingly-the-first-time-ever. Enjoy a Bud Light on us. You earned it.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

My game ball goes to Bell and Bell alone. Not because he was the only one that deserves it but I think that he deserves to be singled out for the way that he's played all year long. AB isn't far behind but Le'Veon has just been outstanding and I love to watch him with the ball. He is the RB that we were all hoping for, even those of us that wanted Lacy.

My Goat goes to Cortez. I didn't think that the Steelers needed to rush into an extension with him but I never thought he'd be this bad.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Brown, Bell, Ben - Balls.

Allen, Archer, Tomlin - Goats.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Another one to Todd Haley for those neanderthal pass attempts on 2nd and 3rd down right before the final TD drive. Run the ball and take 40 seconds off the clock.
    I know. That was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. And I've been watching SEC coaches bungle clock management for 20 years.

Another reason to give Haley a game goat: The score looked good, but two of our three touchdown drives started inside the Houston 10. Without the turnovers last night would have been yet another egg by the offense.