Thread: For Le'Veon Bell, no getting around two-game suspension, Ike on losing.....

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

For Le'Veon Bell, no getting around two-game suspension, Ike on losing.....

Both the good and bad news for Le'Veon Bell and the Steelers is that he may indeed enter the Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition program after he was charged with driving under the influence.

The ARD was created years ago for first-time offenders of nonviolent crimes and once the program is completed, the accused has his record expunged.

That is, it is wiped off his criminal record. His standing with the NFL is another case.

Bell faces a two-game suspension by the NFL, even if he agrees to go into the ARD program and his legal record is expunged. The NFL considers any plea-bargain agreement - which is basically what ARD is - a conviction and under the new drug and alcohol policy passed this year, commissioner Roger Goodell can suspend Bell for two games.......

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201410190169

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Re: For Le'Veon Bell, no getting around two-game suspension, Ike on losing.....

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Both the good and bad news for Le'Veon Bell and the Steelers is that he may indeed enter the Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition program after he was charged with driving under the influence.

The ARD was created years ago for first-time offenders of nonviolent crimes and once the program is completed, the accused has his record expunged.

That is, it is wiped off his criminal record. His standing with the NFL is another case.

Bell faces a two-game suspension by the NFL, even if he agrees to go into the ARD program and his legal record is expunged. The NFL considers any plea-bargain agreement - which is basically what ARD is - a conviction and under the new drug and alcohol policy passed this year, commissioner Roger Goodell can suspend Bell for two games.......

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201410190169
    I am sure Goodell is waiting to see if the Steelers are on the brink of making the playoffs before deciding on when to suspend Bell.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    I am sure Goodell is waiting to see if the Steelers are on the brink of making the playoffs before deciding on when to suspend Bell.
    Of if Bell has a chance to lead the AFC in rushing.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Doesn't it all depend on what tier he is in? The NFL drug rules has multiple tiers. I think this is Bell's first offense, so I don't think he is up for suspension.

I could be wrong, but that is what I remember.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Honestly, from an objective standpoint, Bell should receive some kind of suspension for his marijuana use. Not to mention it would teach a valuable lesson

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Doesn't it all depend on what tier he is in? The NFL drug rules has multiple tiers. I think this is Bell's first offense, so I don't think he is up for suspension.

I could be wrong, but that is what I remember.
    It's a new policy now.

The league's new drug policy carries a two-game suspension upon a conviction or plea agreement for a DUI. The league wanted to be able to discipline a player immediately upon his arrest for DUI, but the NFL Players Association would not agree to that. Thus, unless Bell comes to a plea agreement before this season ends, he would not face a suspension until next season, most likely the first two games.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    It's a new policy now.
    so basically bell is getting suspended this season or next season. i absolutely choose this season 100% of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Of if Bell has a chance to lead the AFC in rushing.
    That's what I was thinking.