Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pens Tidbits 2014

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Re: Pens Tidbits 2014

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Two words.

Big mistake.
    No wonder he has been playing lights out. Let's see how he handles the playoffs.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

Fleury's an above average goalie, even a good goalie, but the defense tends to choke in front of him in the playoffs... while he does get some undeserved flack, I'm not sure he really has that extra gear to turn it on when the defense is failing him. To pick up the team's slack when the going gets tough. To see what I mean go watch a playoff performance by Hasek or Khabibulin. If Vokoun is ready to start playing again anytime this season, he'd be a good guy to have on hand for a playoff run, to give us a little fight when the team's otherwise getting beat.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Pens win 6-1 over Buffalo.

Apparently, Fleury had an easy night.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Nice practice tonight, boys. When does the game start? Oh, that WAS the game?

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Just unbelievable the number of Penguins who have had serious medical conditions. Just in the past 14 months alone, there has been Vokoun's blood clot, Letang's stroke, Maatta's tumor and now Duper's blood clot. Before that, there was Badger Bob's cancer, Lemieux's back problems, his cancer and his heart condition that ended his career in 2006; and Crosby's concussion issues. An unreal amount of bad luck has befallen this team, one of the biggest of which was Michel Briere's fatal car accident in 1970, right there with Badger Bob's passing as the biggest tragedy in Penguins history.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Geno on Fleury's 300th win.

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Geno on Fleury's 300th win.

"I'm score."

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Pens to play a tough match up tomorrow night. Hopefully they'll be able to get revenge.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

With all the injuries it occurs to me that the Pens might not win their division. The Islanders are pretty damn good this year too. But being the 4 or 5 seed wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen to this team. When we've won our Cup's we were never seeded high. Maybe it's better if the pressure is on the other guy? Maybe Crosby, Malkin and co wont feel as much pressure if the other guy's are favorites?
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

New season, same old shit. Dupuis, Bennett, Letang, Kunitz, Hornqvist and now Maatta all out of the lineup tonight. It's already Bennett and Maatta's second trip to IR and we haven't finished the calendar year yet. Unbelievable how this keeps happening every single season.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

You guys have to check out this video.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

Just saw that the Pens traded Rob Klinkhammer and a 1st round draft pick to Edmonton in exchange for David Perron

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAsteeler View Post
    Just saw that the Pens traded Rob Klinkhammer and a 1st round draft pick to Edmonton in exchange for David Perron
    Yes! I like it and they didn't have to give up any of their defensive prospects.

I actually called this back in late November before all of the injuries. Love this trade, and I don't mind giving up the pick since it will be a late-round pick anyway. They're getting a guy who is still young and improving as a player, which is worth a lot more than a pick that may or may not pan out. I'm liking GMJR more and more every day, at least as far as his personnel moves are concerned. His view on toughness, though...well, let's just say it leaves much to be desired.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Good to be back in the Pens thread as well.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

I like the trade. I think this guy will be really good for the Pens. Apparently his play is a lot like Geno's so sticking Geno, David, and Patric could be a really good line.

I'd like to see some context for Rinaldo's quote, but it doesn't look good since it's guaranteed that he will be having a meeting in New York with the Dept. of Player Safety in the next couple of days.

Not very smart, Zac. You most likely added a couple of games to your suspension. Though I have to agree that the hit was to Letang's back shoulder and not directly from behind. But he also left his feet when he didn't need to, AND he is a repeat offender to boot, having been suspended 4 games last April for a head hit. I say he gets 6-8 games.

Report: Pens' Letang out indefinitely, Malkin to miss All-Star Game

The penalty-filled affair between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Philadelphia Flyers Tuesday has claimed some casualties apparently. After neither played against the Chicago Blackhawks Wednesday night, Penguins defenseman Kris Letang and forward Evgeni Malkin could miss some additional time.

According to John Shannon of Sportsnet, Letang is out indefinitely after the hit from Zac Rinaldo that is likely to get the Flyers ruffian a lengthy suspension. Shannon also reported that Malkin will skip the All-Star Game while dealing with his injury. He took the warmup for the game against Chicago, but was a late scratch.

Read more: http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24983040

Fuck the Flyers. That is all.

All this does is piss me off even more. Not because of the Flyers' play, but because the team refuses to toughen the team up so that their star players aren't constantly abused. I can't blame the Flyers for taking advantage of that. Every team they play from here on out should do the same thing, hoping that it finally wakes Mario and GMJR the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    All this does is piss me off even more. Not because of the Flyers' play, but because the team refuses to toughen the team up so that their star players aren't constantly abused. I can't blame the Flyers for taking advantage of that. Every team they play from here on out should do the same thing, hoping that it finally wakes Mario and GMJR the fuck up.
    I'm surrounded by Flyers fans... it's a damn nightmare.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

I think the Flyers game made him realize, okay we need a little grit on the ice. And this was the best that could be done in this immediate moment. It's like we traded Goc for Goc, now with extra penalty minutes. Lapierre is kind of a seedy bitch, but I guess he wins faceoffs and can put up a fight.

I don't hate the move. I think it's slightly in our favor. But I also think it's a bit pointless of a move. Maybe he's been acquired in order to be packaged.

It's like they said F it, a repeat offender like Rinaldo only gets 8 games for almost breaking Letangs neck so they might as well add some shady characters to the team since the NHL doesn't seem to care to put a stop to the thuggery anytime soon.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Crosby has become a huge liability in the face off circle. He might as well be given an assist for Ov's pp goal. His total worthlessness in the face off circle is what put the Caps on the pp. I mean it's one thing to lose a face off. But he's been getting beat clean all night. Offensive zone, defensive zone. He stinks.

He's not a franchise player anymore. He's not even Ron Francis good anymore. Overpaid and overrated.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."