Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arena Football coming to Pittsburgh

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Re: Arena Football coming to Pittsburgh

I love arena football and am thrilled that we're going to be treated to it here in the Burgh! I'll have to adjust my "sports fund", though, to make room for tickets to a couple of games!

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The WH View Post
    This will be a good place for all of those confused fans that show up at Penguins games in Steelers gear to go.

I´ll never forget the time I almost got in a fight with a bunch of drunk Steelers fans that were screaming for Sid to be pulled in favor of Hines Ward.
    Do what?? lol Not sure what I think of this yet.. I have watched arena football from time to time but never get too in to it..

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
    I love arena football and am thrilled that we're going to be treated to it here in the Burgh! I'll have to adjust my "sports fund", though, to make room for tickets to a couple of games!
    I agree Im so excited to have a new sport here and Ill love the Power till the end, but man just more money coming out of my pocket!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
    I use to go to Arena Football game in Dallas all the time. For anyone that has been to one, you have to go to at least one. It's a real kick. Be ready for none stop action.

AML

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Ill have season tickets for sure!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Tiger Lion and Steel Array title="SteelCityMan786 will become famous soon enough"> SteelCityMan786's Avatar

Where the lands are a mix of Black and Gold with some Blue and White

I went to see a game at Amway Arena in Orlando. It's RIDICULOUS. It's like walking into a sports bar everyone's have a good time and then before you know it an explosion happens and then a Football game breaks out.
    786 Ways to score touchdowns

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
    I went to see a game at Amway Arena in Orlando. It's RIDICULOUS. It's like walking into a sports bar everyone's have a good time and then before you know it an explosion happens and then a Football game breaks out.
    That pretty much sums up Arena Football

It's awesome. I love going to Arena Football games. I love being so close to the action.

I say we all get tickets together for the first game and have a big SU Cheering section.

Tiger Lion and Steel Array title="SteelCityMan786 will become famous soon enough"> SteelCityMan786's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAsteeler View Post

It's awesome. I love going to Arena Football games. I love being so close to the action.

I say we all get tickets together for the first game and have a big SU Cheering section.
    Hopefully I can make it that day. Or in the least maybe FSN or the CW would have coverage of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
    Hopefully I can make it that day. Or in the least maybe FSN or the CW would have coverage of the game.
    The NFL Network aired the AFL games this year, but I'm sure there's local stations that will cover the games.

count me in haha I would love to be front row at a game right in front of the action!

- Greg Lloyd

The NFL Network aired the AFL games this year, but I'm sure there's local stations that will cover the games.
    I don't get the NFL Network!!! Thankfully we get the CW, KDKA, WTAE(KDKA and WTAEonly during certain times), and FSN. Although I really watch those networks at select times.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I'd rather have an NBA team, but that's just me.

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    I'd rather have an NBA team, but that's just me.
    Hell No... The NBA died 10 plus years ago in my eyes... I haven't watched a game since Jordan retired....

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

I hate NBA and so happy we got an AFL team than that. Just never got into the sport, I love to play it, but Arena Football is fast paced and exciting!

- Greg Lloyd

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I personally could care less about arena football. I love the Steelers and Pitt, but that's it. I love college basketball, with Pitt being my team. I really don't watch the NBA, but if Pittsburgh had an NBA team I would watch.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    I personally could care less about arena football. I love the Steelers and Pitt, but that's it. I love college basketball, with Pitt being my team. I really don't watch the NBA, but if Pittsburgh had an NBA team I would watch.
    Party pooper.

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    count me in haha I would love to be front row at a game right in front of the action!
    I got front row seats for a playoff game once for our team up here and it was effing awesome.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Don't be surprised if you end up with someone in your lap.

AML

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by cold-hard-steel View Post
    Maybe we can use them as a place to stow away players we can't really sign right at the time,but don't want to risk placing on the practice squad. That would be sweet. Or would that be cheating?
    Wouldn't be cheating. The NFL has a rule to deal with that. An NFL team can own an Arena team, but any player who gets "promoted" must clear waivers first.

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    Don't be surprised if you end up with someone in your lap.
    Just thinking that could happen is awesome, that's the best part about arena football!

- Greg Lloyd

http://www.pittsburghpowerfootball.com/ Here's the new website Woo im gettin excited now!

- Greg Lloyd

The team is going to be the Pittsburgh Power

http://pittsburghpowerfootball.com/
    http://www.pittsburghpowerfootball.com/ Here's the new website Woo im gettin excited now!
    I beat you to it

But anyways, I know this team is going to be awesome. Just another Black and Gold team to cheer on!!

^ haha my bad Nepa I always knew not reading old posts would bite me in the ass, but hell ya man for sure!

- Greg Lloyd

^ haha my bad Nepa I always knew not reading old posts would bite me in the ass, but hell ya man for sure!
    Haha, all is forgiven. I was only joking with ya.

What if they go with a heavy goal line set and score a TD (even in Arena ball, they use it sometimes)... is it a power Power TD??

Haha, all is forgiven. I was only joking with ya.

What if they go with a heavy goal line set and score a TD (even in Arena ball, they use it sometimes)... is it a power Power TD??
    Im sure they will come up with some corny play name or call, but I still like the sound of it!

- Greg Lloyd

I found this on my cell phone. It's from a Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers game last year. Seeing it gets me pumped up for some Arena Football in Pittsburgh!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Woo! Im just wondering if were going to have a huge turnout of a fan base at first or ever. Arena football just has not been a huge success over the years for any teams win or lose and being we are a faithful city who loves our Football and all sports teams how will we show it.

- Greg Lloyd

I think the first game will be probably be at least close to being sold-out then it'll probably fizzle out throughout the season. Our Arena holds around 8,000 for Arena Football but we only averaged around 5,500 per game, which really isn't terrible because it's obviously not a huge arena. I think that had a lot to do with the fact that the WBS Pens are much more popular in this area as well as our AAA baseball team (the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees). So I guess we'll have just to wait and see.

At least we can still use Terrible Towels! haha. Thank goodness all the sports teams in the 'Burgh are Black and Gold.

I know Pittsburgh Power not a bad name pretty cool, I just can't wait to go!

- Greg Lloyd

Senior Member Array title="KeiselPower99 is on a distinguished road"> KeiselPower99's Avatar

Im stoked about the Pittsburgh Power. Be kinda cool if they package a Flyers/Pens Power/Soul weekend double header.