Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell Plans To Continue Celebrating After Big Plays, Touchdowns

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Re: Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell Plans To Continue Celebrating After Big Plays, Touchdown

You didn't see Jerry Rice do stupid shit after making a big play.
    All Defense!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell Plans To Continue Celebrating After Big Plays, Touchdown

But you did see Randy Moss do it and he wasn't too shabby...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    But you did see Randy Moss do it ...
    Maybe it's the marijuana

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I still don't think he did anything to deserve a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct last week.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    I still don't think he did anything to deserve a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct last week.
    That's the problem with the NFL now. You just can't take the chance anymore. It might sucks, but you have to play it safe. There's no upside to risking a penalty after a play. Just hand the ball to the ref and slap your teammates high five on the sidelines.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    That's the problem with the NFL now. You just can't take the chance anymore. It might sucks, but you have to play it safe. There's no upside to risking a penalty after a play. Just hand the ball to the ref and slap your teammates high five on the sidelines.
    To illustrate my point about the inconsistent refs, Stevie Johnson just did THE EXACT SAME THING after a TD that AB was flagged for last week (spinning the ball), but no flag called on Stevie. Does anyone in the NFL even look at this kind of thing?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Of course
    Not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    To illustrate my point about the inconsistent refs, Stevie Johnson just did THE EXACT SAME THING after a TD that AB was flagged for last week (spinning the ball), but no flag called on Stevie. Does anyone in the NFL even look at this kind of thing?
    The penalty was for going to the ground, not spinning the ball.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

It is an emotional game so I understand the occasional celebration. Personally though, I favor the guys who get up and hand the ball to the ref after making a big play or touchdown. Just something I value.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Maybe it has something to do with this.......the 2014 version of "He got jacked up!" The NFL used to celebrate the big hits. We know where that went. Now if you dance, you can make the reel.

Seriously, this tweet was at the top of the page this morning:

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Maybe it has something to do with this.......the 2014 version of "He got jacked up!" The NFL used to celebrate the big hits. We know where that went. Now if you dance, you can make the reel.

Seriously, this tweet was at the top of the page this morning:

"Dancing with the Starters"???

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    You didn't see Jerry Rice do stupid shit after making a big play.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    But you did see Randy Moss do it and he wasn't too shabby...

Yeah, and think about the difference between the two ... bring up Jerry Rice, and you think "Wow, what a great player." Bring up Randy Moss, and you think "Wow, he was such a great player that I guess I can overlook the fact that he acted like an asshole. Or at least while he was at the top of his game you could overlook it."

Remember how later in Moss' career, talented as he was, few teams were willing to even think about hiring him because the "distraction" wasn't worth it? Sure, that was about more than touchdown dances, but for a lot of guys, that all sort of goes hand-in-hand with ego and attitude. I hope none of our players turn out like that.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Well, there's no taunting allowed, and he was flagged for talking smack in front of the ref. Unless you heard what he said, that's really not a call we can make, IMO. It might have been as weak as, "I'll see you again in a few seconds," or as brutal as, "I'm going to make you bleed like an Ebola patient." One of those would deserve a penalty (if not a swift kick).

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelman View Post
    "Dancing with the Starters"???
    This is not exactly a new thing. NFL Network has been doing this for several years now.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    This is not exactly a new thing. NFL Network has been doing this for several years now.
    Gotta fill that time some how.