Page 1 of 75 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: FIRE MIKE TOMLIN!!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN!!

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: FIRE MIKE TOMLIN!!

Bring backs Cowher!!!

Thee Conservative Steeler Array title="steel9guy is on a distinguished road"> steel9guy's Avatar

I didn't defend him after last week and I never will again. He's a joke. Never prepared to play bad teams. There is no excuse or argument for his tenure here since 09. I'm so tired of being embarrassed.

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Trade Ben. Sell the team to Mark Cuban. Retire LeBeau. Fire Haley.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Fire that senile old fart LeBeau right now

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

It is time. Tomlin is not a winner anymore.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I really can't defend him anymore. Not going to try to either. Unless this team somehow turns things around and makes the playoffs and makes a deep run, I think he needs to be given his walking papers.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I really can't defend him anymore. Not going to try to either. Unless this team somehow turns things around and makes the playoffs and makes a deep run, I think he needs to be given his walking papers.
    Yup...I was behind him for a long time, I'm finally fed up. He's gotta go

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Tomlin, Haley and Lebeau all need to go.

I wonder if James is re-thinking his decision to come back now?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Feeling is obviously mutual.

The team just isn't prepared on a week-to-week basis. The team plays undisciplined. Mentally, they just aren't there. Then there's the little things, the basic things that they just don't do...like tackle.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

He'll blame everyone except himself, the complete opposite of Rivera last week, who put the blame on the coaching staff. The only thing Tomlin is consistent at is gaining more weight each year.

Senior Member Array title="MrPgh has a spectacular aura about">

I don't disagree with the OP, but the problems with this team go higher than Tomlin.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrPgh View Post
    I don't disagree with the OP, but the problems with this team go higher than Tomlin.
    You know I've said this too. Ever since Art II took over the reigns of this team, they have gotten progressively worse. But yet, not many people want to blame him for what's happened. Still though, Tomlin is a large part of the problem. The lack of discipline and preparation is alarming, and that starts with him.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Tomlin can not make William Gay and Cortez Allen better cornerbacks. That is the single biggest reason this team lost today. Tampa's outside receivers beat their man (whoever it was) like a drum all day long.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    You know I've said this too. Ever since Art II took over the reigns of this team, they have gotten progressively worse. But yet, not many people want to blame him for what's happened.
    Hard to fire the owner.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrPgh View Post
    I agree. The problems started with Art taking over the team.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

add colbert to the list as well. we are reaping the benefits of not ever drafting a cornerback right now in the past few years before the 4th+ round.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    I wonder if James is re-thinking his decision to come back now?
    Doubtful. Teams weren't exactly beating down his door until we re-signed him out of desperation due to injury.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Tomlin can not make William Gay and Cortez Allen better cornerbacks. That is the single biggest reason this team lost today. Tampa's outside receivers beat their man (whoever it was) like a drum all day long.
    Which, I might point yet again, was why I was upset that they passed on Dennard and took Shazier. Tomlin was in the room when the pick happened, so he bears some responsibility for not addressing that glaring need. Colbert deserves far more, though, not just for that pick but also for not addressing it in FA when there were decent options available for a reasonable price.

Senior Member Array title="MrPgh has a spectacular aura about">

Hard to fire the owner.
    He doesn't need to be fired, he just needs to stop doing the job the football ops people should be doing. If Art II doesn't trust the current football people, fire them and hire new football people, then stay the hell out of their way.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Doubtful. Teams weren't exactly beating down his door until we re-signed him out of desperation due to injury.
    Still don't think it was the right move long term. Bring in Howard Jones and let him learn. This team is not going anywhere. Time to accept that and give the younger guys some reps. McCullers should be dressed from now on. It is such BS to see him on the inactive list. That may mean sitting Keisel, tough.

Tuitt also needs more playing time.

Hard to fire the owner.
    Of course not, but the man has meddled in the football decisions way too much. So blame should be left at his feet as well.

James wasn't interested in coming back and playing for any other team. He only wanted to come back to the Steelers and that was only after Troy, Keisel and Ike talked to him about it for hours.

James wasn't interested in coming back and playing for any other team. He only wanted to come back to the Steelers and that was only after Troy, Keisel and Ike talked to him about it for hours.
    You actually believe that narrative? The Bengals cut him back in March. No other team wanted him, including the Steelers, until the rash of injuries they sustained in the Carolina game.

You actually believe that narrative? The Bengals cut him back in March. No other team wanted him, including the Steelers, until the rash of injuries they sustained in the Carolina game.
    Why wouldn't I? You can say a lot of things about James but he's a very honest guy. He's also a guy who is very family oriented. He didn't want to go to a team that was going to take him far away from his family.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    The lack of discipline and preparation is alarming, and that starts with him.
    Agreed.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Why wouldn't I? You can say a lot of things about James but he's a very honest guy. He's also a guy who is very family oriented. He didn't want to go to a team that was going to take him far away from his family.
    I guess. Personally, I see a guy who has no chance to make anywhere near NFL money anywhere else going for one last payday. And at 36 years of age, he's still a young man everywhere except on the gridiron.

Let's face it, NOBODY is going to hire him for a studio job. Not with his candor. He won't sit there and carry water for the league and push Goodell's agenda. And we all know how he feels about Goodell himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Didn't catch all the 15 yard penalties didja? Tomlin never has this team prepared. They're a bunch of spoiled slackers and it shows on the field. Week in and week out. It's consistently bad and that starts with Tomlin!

Let's face it, NOBODY is going to hire him for a studio job. Not with his candor. He won't sit there and carry water for the league and push Goodell's agenda. And we all know how he feels about Goodell himself.
    James hates the cameras so that wouldn't even enter my mind for him.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Didn't catch all the 15 yard penalties didja? Tomlin never has this team prepared. They're a bunch of spoiled slackers and it shows on the field. Week in and week out. It's consistently bad and that starts with Tomlin!
    I have pointed out the 15 yard penalties multiple times - maybe not on this thread. But I ask you what is Tomlin to do? Multiple facemasks and taunting penalties are not coaching deficiencies. That is on an individual player to do his job properly.

Also do to the lack of talent depth on the roster, as I mentioned elsewhere, Tomlin can not do anything in game. Gonna sit Allen so BW Webb can play? Gonna sit Heyward so Cam Thomas plays more? Going to sit Beachum so Mike Adams can get Ben killed?

Everyone is reacting like this was a championship caliber team that got beat today. This is an AVERAGE NFL team that got beat by another AVERAGE NFL team. Not very shocking.

Now they lose to Jacksonville, and make room on the fire everybody train for me!