Page 54 of 75 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 2224

Thread: FIRE MIKE TOMLIN!!

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: FIRE MIKE TOMLIN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Are we now talking about Arthur Smith as a nobody?

They guy that was the most desired offensive coordinator to head coach candidate a few season ago. They guy who made Ryan Tannehill? They guy who continually makes chicken salad out of the Falcons awful roster?

Seriously. Like I get you all really want to get rid of Tomlin. Cool, you do you. But to not regard Smith as a top offensive mind is just showing (this is my suspicion) that you do not watch much non-Steelers football.
    I agree and I don't think that Tomlin was outcoached today....The falcons offense were just more physical in the second half.....

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

They guy that was the most desired offensive coordinator to head coach candidate a few season ago. They guy who made Ryan Tannehill? They guy who continually makes chicken salad out of the Falcons awful roster?

Seriously. Like I get you all really want to get rid of Tomlin. Cool, you do you. But to not regard Smith as a top offensive mind is just showing (this is my suspicion) that you do not watch much non-Steelers football.
    What are you saying? There are relatively unknown coordinators who would be better than Tomlin? Is Tomlin one of the greatest defensive minds in the NFL?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He’s a second year head coach that won 12 games in two seasons. Compared to Tomlin, that’s a “nobody”.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He’s a second year head coach that won 12 games in two seasons. Compared to Tomlin, that’s a “nobody”.
    Everyone is a "nobody" compared to Tomlin if you are trying to compare existing NFL coaching experience. "Who will you replace him with that's better? Belichick and that's it! And good luck with that, I don't think HE'S going to be available any time soon (smirk)."

Here's the thing, though. You don't have to be an NFL head coach with 15 years' experience to be better than Tomlin. Literally every good NFL head coach started out as something other than an NFL head coach. Just be better than average and there's a good chance you'll also be better than Tomlin.

Those people are not impossible to find. Other teams find them all the time. You just have to willing to try, not sit there wringing your hands because who else will we get.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Everyone is a "nobody" compared to Tomlin if you are trying to compare existing NFL coaching experience. "Who will you replace him with that's better? Belichick and that's it! And good luck with that, I don't think HE'S going to be available any time soon (smirk)."

Here's the thing, though. You don't have to be an NFL head coach with 15 years' experience to be better than Tomlin. Literally every good NFL head coach started out as something other than an NFL head coach. Just be better than average and there's a good chance you'll also be better than Tomlin.

Those people are not impossible to find. Other teams find them all the time. You just have to willing to try, not sit there wringing your hands because who else will we get.
    Like the Denver Broncos in the last 5 years?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

It’s not usually a measurement of better HC. There are so many good coaches you can find success with many of them. You certainly aren’t going to move on from Mike Tomlin because your new HC is just going to be better. There are too many moving parts for it to only be about a better HC.

Did the Eagles replace Reid with a better HC? They made a successful change. And moved on since then as well. Even with all that, Reid has continued to be a successful, good HC in KC.

Brings up a pretty good question. Who are the top5 HC today?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Smith is regarded extremely highly by league observers for his excellent play design and game day playcalling.

He made his bones making several current and former Titans stars.

While he might not be a big household name, Smith is a good offensive minded coach. Hardly a nobody.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Smith is regarded extremely highly by league observers for his excellent play design and game day playcalling.

He made his bones making several current and former Titans stars.

While he might not be a big household name, Smith is a good offensive minded coach. Hardly a nobody.
    So was Nathaniel Hackett. Both nobodies in the realm of head coaching.

So was Nathaniel Hackett. Both nobodies in the realm of head coaching.
    Hackett has never been a good assistant coach......LaFleur was the playcaller of the packers

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Hire Bienemy, he can run offense too.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Hackett has never been a good assistant coach......LaFleur was the playcaller of the packers
    Yup! Hackett got the job because Rodgers liked him. That’s it. Then the Broncos thought they could engineer a trade by hiring his best buddy as HC.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

He was not the same coach and this is not easy to be a good coach once again when you were out of the NFL for over 10 years but it was not a disaster too....They make the playoffs twice in 4 years under Gibbs with a very below average team
    Not to mention the additional handicap of Danny Boy as the team's owner. That team has largely been an out-and-out shitshow ever since he bought them and he's pretty much the reason why.

Gibbs doesn't get nearly enough credit for winning 3 SBs with 3 very pedestrian QBs.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post

Yep its the chicken and the egg argument .........

who was Noll before he was the 4x SB champion HC

who was Cowher before he was hired in Pittsburgh and brought home a SB ?

Who was Tomlin until he got hired here and won a Lombardi ?

all 3 where young defensive minded assistants with a combined total of ZERO Games as the head guy .....
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Yep its the chicken and the egg argument .........

who was Noll before he was the 4x SB champion HC

who was Cowher before he was hired in Pittsburgh and brought home a SB ?

Who was Tomlin until he got hired here and won a Lombardi ?

all 3 where young defensive minded assistants with a combined total of ZERO Games as the head guy .....
    They were right 3 times in a row but no guarantee they will be right again in the next time...Possible,yes but we can't take it as granted....

Maybe they can trade the Rams for Sean McVay...lol. He's going to be out of LA soon...

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

The entertaning part will be that the Steelers will go 7-10 or 8-9 this year and all the Tomlin haters will start yelling "he is below .500, fire him!" but next season they will re-tool and be a wildcard team and Tomlin will be even more job secure as he will have the rebuild going in the right direction....and the haters heads will explode.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

I said it before and I still think we finish 9-8 (or 8-8-1) so Tomlin keeps his .500 streak. Winning 4 of the last 5 games is difficult, but not impossible, considering neither the Raiders nor the Panthers are better, and splitting the Ravens and Browns is realistic. Those are divisional games in December/January, which typically are rather low-scoring and close, and neither the Ravens nor the Watson-led Browns look unbeatable.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    I said it before and I still think we finish 9-8 (or 8-8-1) so Tomlin keeps his .500 streak. Winning 4 of the last 5 games is difficult, but not impossible, considering neither the Raiders nor the Panthers are better, and splitting the Ravens and Browns is realistic. Those are divisional games in December/January, which typically are rather low-scoring and close, and neither the Ravens nor the Watson-led Browns look unbeatable.
    Raiders are starting to play good football. I think the Steelers can split one of the 2 Ravens games and beat the Panthers and Browns, while possibly losing to the Raiders and Ravens. Sub .500 seems almost destined and the bitching and whining around here is going to be hilarious, because the Steelers wont fire Tomlin.

If the steelers don't finish with a losing record this year, I believe Tomlin will never have a losing season in his career....He always finds a way to avoid a losing season even when things are ugly like in 2013,2019 when Ben was out after 2 games,last year when the steelers were horrible in almost every phase of football and if it happens again this year wow

The fact he don't call a timeout after second down on the last drive for the ravens is crazy for me....40 less seconds now for the offense

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

This is a Tomlin special, its what he should be known for after he is replaced. Tomlin does not do mid game adjustments and it costs them time and time again

Can't stop the run because of this very soft defense...They can't stop the pass too...It would never happened under coach Cowher....

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

First off I don't know when being . 500 started being viewed as a good year. Fuck that shit.

I'm tired of Tomlin being ow stubborn and loyal. Fucking fire your staff and start over or I'm done with him. Defense has Watt standing up covering TEs offense is a total damn mess special teams haven't been special in a decade. Clean house or retire move on

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
    This is a Tomlin special, its what he should be known for after he is replaced. Tomlin does not do mid game adjustments and it costs them time and time again
    When is that going to be?

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Can't stop the run because of this very soft defense...They can't stop the pass too...It would never happened under coach Cowher....
    Ummm, Priest Holmes, week 2, 2003 season, anybody (for one example)?

I get people's frustration with Tomlin because I happen to share it and don't really care if he stays or goes at this point, but please, enough of the romanticized revisionist history of the Cowher era already.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Ummm, Priest Holmes, week 2, 2003 season, anybody (for one example)?

I get people's frustration with Tomlin because I happen to share it and don't really care if he stays or goes at this point, but please, enough of the romanticized revisionist history of the Cowher era already.
    It was one game,not one season or 2 in a row or more.....

It was one game,not one season or 2 in a row or more.....
    Except the team finished 6-10 in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    When is that going to be?
    It will not happen. He will be allowed to rebuild via the draft and free agency the next couple of seasons and see if the Steelers can get to a 10 win season and back to the playoffs as a Wildcard. If that doesnt he would likely walk away or they will mutually part. I dont see Rooney firing Tomlin just because the HOF QB retired and the talent around the replacement rookie is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Except the team finished 6-10 in 2003.
    I was talking about our run defense and under Cowher, if the steelers had a year that the steelers were horrible to stop the run or to run the football, the year after was no longer a problem

The 2003 season is a good exemple since the Steelers were 31st in rushing yards in offense, the year after, they were second... More often than not the Steelers were a tough and physical team in the trenches under Cowher, which is a weakness in the current team in the last few years.This is my point....The Ravens had over 200 rushing yards against the Steelers in 4 of the last 6 matchups...I don't remember seeing that before for a steelers defense...it's a shower curtain!