Page 28 of 75 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: FIRE MIKE TOMLIN!!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: FIRE MIKE TOMLIN!!

Okay. You have a ton of information, we get it. But I don't really see what your point(s) is/are? Are we rehashing how the decision to draft Ben R went down to cast criticism on a specific individual? Are you areguin that with Arians the Steelers would have won more SB's post 2011? Or do you just like to disagree and watch message boards burn? That's cool too...I guess.

As to the Arians/Haley thing, you realize that the 2015 Steelers and 2015 Cardinals were about neck and neck in explosive plays, yards/attempt, yards/completion, etc. Similar deal with the 2014 Steelers and 2014 Colts. My point? Their was a brief dip in the Steelers offensive production during the Arians to Haley transition. Then the offense was reloaded with new weapons, and the offense is producing #'s comparable to the deposed "master". So what, exactly, is your gripe? You don't like the specific plays? You want to concentrate on the half of the games the team doesn't win and ignore the games they do?

I mean if this is supposed to be a discussion on the Steelers, the rest of us need to know what your argument is besides #'s that lack any context, and one or two sentence cryptic statements.

Banned Array title="SteelersProfessor is an unknown quantity at this point">

My gripe is simple, except for one or two games a year where Haley gets out of the way? His constant mix and matching hurts the offense.

What actually helps Haley, are those rare games that Ben lights someone up on prime time TV, and people who don't watch this team every week, think those games are the norm, rather than the exception.

My main beef with Haley is his constant desire to show everyone how smart he is at key moments, either by some ridiculous formation, trick play, or running a play in a game, that the offense has never even run in PRACTICE (ie. James Harrison in New York, and 4th down Mike Vick play to Antonio Brown).

I'm sorry, but when you're in Denver and you don't have Antonio Brown? You don't run a 4th down play for a guy who's had 1 catch and three yards in a month and further complicate things by taking Bryant off the field.

I'm sorry, but when you're in Baltimore in 2013 and it's the biggest game of your season, you don't take Antonio Brown off the field and run a 3rd down pass play for Will Johnson, who didn't see ONE SNAP in the half at that point.

And what's worse? TOMLIN is the one who gets blamed for it. EVERY GAME they lose like this because of Haley's constant overthinking, Ben and Tomlin are the ones who get blamed. The guy second in command on the food chain (Haley) skates free.

But if they WIN? Todd Haley gets the credit for "making Ben better". And that's a crock. He's turning Ben into Philip Rivers: Irrelevant numbers with nothing of substance.

Todd Haley is going to cause the downfall of Mike Tomlin. Remember that.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Can someone post the instructions on how to set up the ignore feature? Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Clueless.
    So you agree, with taking Bryant off the field for James and Spaeth on 4th and 1.

You also agree, with taking Brown off the field, on the biggest 3rd down of the season in Baltimore 2 years ago?

If that's anyone else, they'd get fried.

Btw, before Todd Haley coached ONE GAME in Pittsburgh I said that he was Dick LeBeau's worst nightmare. Because now, with a "Pittsburgh guy" running the offense, LeBeau would finally be held accountable for his 4th quarter defense and their meltdowns.

And that's exactly what happened. Ben and BA couldn't be blamed anymore, and they weren't going to blame the hometown hero.

So LeBeau paid the price.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersProfessor View Post
    So you agree, with taking Bryant off the field for James and Spaeth on 4th and 1.
    That's called a goal-line offense.

And that's exactly what happened. Ben and BA couldn't be blamed anymore, and they weren't going to blame the hometown hero.

So LeBeau paid the price.

LeBeau paid the price because his defense wasn't cutting it anymore without Polamalu to cover up the weak spots. And because years of trying to force players into the scheme square-peg-round-hole style, rather than adapting the scheme to the players' strengths, left us undermanned and in a bad position.

Look at what happened as soon as Butler came in and made the adjustments with basically all the same players. LeBeau earned his ticket out of town fair and square.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    That's called a goal-line offense.
    On the 30 yard line?

Look at what happened as soon as Butler came in and made the adjustments with basically all the same players.
    Yeah, they blew a 13 point lead at home to the Ravens.

Blew a 4th quarter lead to the Chargers.

They blew a 15 point 4th quarter lead to the Bengals in the playoffs.

They blew a 4th quarter lead to the Broncos in the playoffs.

Same scheme, same results in the 4th quarter.

Only difference is Butler's 59 years old.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

On the 30 yard line?
    With one yard to go, duh.

Yeah, they blew a 13 point lead at home to the Ravens.

Blew a 4th quarter lead to the Chargers.

They blew a 15 point 4th quarter lead to the Bengals in the playoffs.

They blew a 4th quarter lead to the Broncos in the playoffs.

Same scheme, same results in the 4th quarter.

Only difference is Butler's 59 years old.

I said earlier you needed to quit smoking so much crack. I stand corrected. Anyone who couldn't see the difference between last year's defense and this year's must be drunk AND on crack.

Butler managed to cover up a good number of the defense's shortcomings. A year ago, we probably don't even have a lead to blow in any of those games; we're just straight-up not in the game at all, and we finish the season 8-8 and out of the playoffs.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Can someone post the instructions on how to set up the ignore feature? Lol...
    I have been posting on message boards for many years now and never once have I ever put another poster on "ignore". I have always felt that everyone is entitled to express their views, whether I agree with them or not.

I may have to reconsider my stance ...

A year ago, we probably don't even have a lead to blow in any of those games; we're just straight-up not in the game at all, and we finish the season 8-8 and out of the playoffs.

Weren't they 11-5 and won their division last year during a season the offense scored 20 points or less in 9 of 17 games?

Try harder.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Try harder.
    why don't you try harder to stop being so damn condescending to everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    why don't you try harder to stop being so damn condescending to everyone?
    I'm sorry can you show me where I told this gentleman to stop smoking crack which was implied to me?

Just like I said after last season, we should go after Wade and not promote LeBeau Lite.

We didn't, Elway did.

The're playing next week.

I'm sorry can you show me where I told this gentleman to stop smoking crack which was implied to me?
    maybe you should consider changing the smug condescending way you talk down to others and you might not provoke those types of reactions from other posters...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

My gripe is simple, except for one or two games a year where Haley gets out of the way? His constant mix and matching hurts the offense.

What actually helps Haley, are those rare games that Ben lights someone up on prime time TV, and people who don't watch this team every week, think those games are the norm, rather than the exception.

My main beef with Haley is his constant desire to show everyone how smart he is at key moments, either by some ridiculous formation, trick play, or running a play in a game, that the offense has never even run in PRACTICE (ie. James Harrison in New York, and 4th down Mike Vick play to Antonio Brown).

I'm sorry, but when you're in Denver and you don't have Antonio Brown? You don't run a 4th down play for a guy who's had 1 catch and three yards in a month and further complicate things by taking Bryant off the field.

I'm sorry, but when you're in Baltimore in 2013 and it's the biggest game of your season, you don't take Antonio Brown off the field and run a 3rd down pass play for Will Johnson, who didn't see ONE SNAP in the half at that point.

And what's worse? TOMLIN is the one who gets blamed for it. EVERY GAME they lose like this because of Haley's constant overthinking, Ben and Tomlin are the ones who get blamed. The guy second in command on the food chain (Haley) skates free.

But if they WIN? Todd Haley gets the credit for "making Ben better". And that's a crock. He's turning Ben into Philip Rivers: Irrelevant numbers with nothing of substance.

Todd Haley is going to cause the downfall of Mike Tomlin. Remember that.
    Ok. That is a clear and coherent statement of your position. I happen to disagree with it, but do not believe that makes me right and you wrong. It does form the basis for an interesting discussion about the team and their philosphy. I look forward to continuing in that vein. I got to run to some meetings now, but maybe will be able to pick this up another time.

Weren't they 11-5 and won their division last year during a season the offense scored 20 points or less in 9 of 17 games?

Try harder.

Against the weakest schedule in NFL history for the past 25 years.

Last year the defense SUCKED ASS. We were basically an 8-8 team that caught some breaks.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

please.....The defense in 2015 was better than in 2013 and 2014 and it's not even close....50 points less allowed,top 3 in sacks and turnovers.

In 2011 to 2014, the steelers were among the worst for sacks and turnovers.

I have been posting on message boards for many years now and never once have I ever put another poster on "ignore". I have always felt that everyone is entitled to express their views, whether I agree with them or not.

I may have to reconsider my stance ...
    Exact same situation here...lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Just like I said after last season, we should go after Wade and not promote LeBeau Lite.

We didn't, Elway did.

The're playing next week.
    This thread is about Mike Tomlin. Start one Haley thread and stick all your bullshit in that. Try to be considerate to the other posters and the board. Jeez...you don't get it.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Oye, even for the "FIRE TOMLIN" thread, it's gotten bad...like most of the other threads lately.

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    Oye, even for the "FIRE TOMLIN" thread, it's gotten bad...like most of the other threads lately.
    hmmm, I wonder what has changed?

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

hmmm, I wonder what has changed?
    No idea.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Hahaha!!!!

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

I do like Mike . He try to win . You are in his shoes you want to win .You lose then you do not want to put on those shoes nevermore .
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Yeah life sucks sometimes , but we all still live it .
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Game Balls: AB had 12 catches for 140 yards and Jordan Berry averaged 55 yards on 3 punts.

Goats: Everyone else, including the entire coaching staff

Senior Member Array title="WCSteeler is on a distinguished road">

It's interesting to look back on the the posts and realize the same problems that ate the Steelers up years ago still exist today. Tomlin wasn't held accountable then and won't be now... I can hear it now " we've gotta get better" and "the standard is the standard"

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Got to wonder if Lebeau would have put pressure on Wentz today and forced him to play with his head on a swivel , and if it would have mattered .

game was so bad in so many ways not sure anything would have made a difference on its own but you have to start somewhere .

no pressure and couldnt stop the run on def , got ate alive in the short area of the field opening up deep throws later .

we consistently played into the strength of the Eagles def ( short throws ) a swarming front 7 with speed is tough to get anything going against playing that sort of game and we stuck with it till the bitter end

thats all I got trying to forget it and hoping we rebound quickly

Junior Member Array title="ScottLaRock "> ScottLaRock's Avatar

You have a better chance of him retiring or quitting to become a commentator
    I Honestly didn't read any posts just responding to the title.
    “Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” – Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="awe1028 will become famous soon enough">

Quote Originally Posted by WCSteeler View Post
    It's interesting to look back on the the posts and realize the same problems that ate the Steelers up years ago still exist today. Tomlin wasn't held accountable then and won't be now... I can hear it now " we've gotta get better" and "the standard is the standard"
    If anyone should be held accountable it should be Kevin Colbert. He had the chance to address the pass rush and did not. Now that the defense there is no pass rush Tomlin (and Butler) SMH.

The team is 2 - 1 with a defense that can't get pressure on the QB and people are blaming Tomlin. Again if anyone should be held accountable it should be Colbert

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awe1028 View Post
    If anyone should be held accountable it should be Kevin Colbert. He had the chance to address the pass rush and did not. Now that the defense there is no pass rush Tomlin (and Butler) SMH.

The team is 2 - 1 with a defense that can't get pressure on the QB and people are blaming Tomlin. Again if anyone should be held accountable it should be Colbert
    Its not always the general manager's fault when a player or group of players do not play well. Sometimes, it is the coaching staff's failure to properly develop players or have the players in the right spot during a play. Not blaming Kevin, Mike, or Keith; just saying.