Page 42 of 75 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 2224

Thread: FIRE MIKE TOMLIN!!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: FIRE MIKE TOMLIN!!

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Look we all know Tomlin isn't going anywhere. Nor should he. He's an above average coach. Maybe elite? But damn it if I'm in charge he needs to answer some questions! He needs to explain what went wrong against the Pats and what he can change to make things different next time!

Every freaking 3rd down the Patriots have a guy wide open! I mean wide open! You shouldn't see guys that freaking open in the NFL! Particularly on every 3rd down! Meanwhile Brady is standing flatfooted in the backfield all day to get the ball there! I mean we make it too damn easy! And it's every damn game against them!

Please tell me something will be done differently next time!??!!
    They won't win a Super Bowl surging Ben's career playing like that against New England. The Patriots will beat them 10 out of 10 times. Well maybe 6 out of 7 times: Brady is now 6-1 against Tomlin coached teams. Has thrown 22 TDs and 0 INTs. That's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    McCarthy isn't that great. Take Rodgers away and he's average at best.

Tomlin had a great season for the most part. Not sure WTF they did for this week...actually, same shit they always do...
    McCarthy hasn't even been back to the Super Bowl since XLV. Why does everyone think he is that great. He's in the pile of good coaches but not great.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    McCarthy hasn't even been back to the Super Bowl since XLV. Why does everyone think he is that great. He's in the pile of good coaches but not great.
    Wasn't McCarthy's team pretty much out of the game by halftime this afternoon?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Wasn't McCarthy's team pretty much out of the game by halftime this afternoon?

The Packers were down 31-0 in the third quarter, but they have a real coach and a quarterback that can walk on water.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reggiotano View Post
    Tomlin is a terrible...never seen a coach(actually a cheerleader based on Bradshaw comments which he was correct ) do so little with so much talent. They'll never get to SB again and never beat the Pats. As soon as Ben retires they'll be .500 at best with him there. Sad thing is the Rooney's won't do anything about it until he's completely terrible so plan on mediocrity for years to come.
    so you joined just to bitch and moan about the coach? where were you the rest of the season?
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    so you joined just to bitch and moan about the coach? where were you the rest of the season?
    New trolls along with old trolls from 5 years ago showing up all over this forum. SMH.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapinstation View Post

Go Tomlin! Go Steelers! Mediocrity forever!
    Mediocrity? dude, this team lost in the conference championship game. That's not being mediocre.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapinstation View Post
    Dude, keep cheerleading
    Where exactly do you see me cheerleading, asshat?

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

In all seriousness.

Tomlin's not going anywhere. We all know that. Nor should he be shown the door. His record is too good. He's a good coach. You don't sustain success over a decade if you don't know what you're doing.

But they've got to sit down as an organization and assess the longstanding shortcomings against the Patriots. Tear this film down, tear the film down of every game you've ever played them. Find the films of the games they struggled. Try to learn what was done and how you can translate that to your roster.

You just can't come out next year with the same tried and failed game plan against them and expect a better result! I'm fairly certain we play them next year at home in the regular season. ( as we did this year) You've got to have a workable game plan in place for that game. Included in this equation is a solid backup qb that will give you a chance if this turns out to be a game Ben misses!

Basically it comes down to this. I think the Steelers are going to be a solid team next year. One that can compete for a championship. But in order to do so they need to secure a bye and get the mental monkey off their back that is the Patriots by beating them in the regular season and seeing to it that any potential playoff game against them will be at home.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="The Bark is a jewel in the rough"> The Bark's Avatar

Who is saying McCarthy is a great coach? The question was, name five coaches better than Tomlin. I have to laugh with all the knocks against him: He hasn't been back to the Superbowl since XLV? Neither has Tomlin who, ooops, lost to him. Wasn't McCarthy's team out of the game by halftime this afternoon? Yeah, they were, and the Steelers, for all intents and purposes, were out of the AFC Championship after the Patriots opening drive. Neither coaches are deserving of the title "Great," but McCarthy's overall success without having to play the Browns and Bengals twice a year accompanied with beating the Steelers in the SB is why I would say he's a better coach.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

There aren't 5 better than Tomlin just like there aren't 5 better than Ben. The problem is they were playing a team with a Coach and QB that there are NONE better than. It was a good year. Lol at the clown who said we're "mediocre."

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I did not think the coaching staff was dumb like that.

I'm not asking Tomlin to be fired, but Tomlin needs to improve if the steelers want to beat the pats one day and maybe Butler deserves to be fired after yesterday's game.

Brady has a passing rating over 125 against Tomlin in his career ....It's painful

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    Who is saying McCarthy is a great coach? The question was, name five coaches better than Tomlin. I have to laugh with all the knocks against him: He hasn't been back to the Superbowl since XLV? Neither has Tomlin who, ooops, lost to him. Wasn't McCarthy's team out of the game by halftime this afternoon? Yeah, they were, and the Steelers, for all intents and purposes, were out of the AFC Championship after the Patriots opening drive. Neither coaches are deserving of the title "Great," but McCarthy's overall success without having to play the Browns and Bengals twice a year accompanied with beating the Steelers in the SB is why I would say he's a better coach.
    McCarthy gets to play the Lions, Vikings, and Bears 6 times a season. For most of his tenure at least 2 of the 3 have been somewhere on a sliding scale between inept and kinda mediocre. McCarthy and the Pack are very similar to the Steelers. Loaded on offense. Playcalling seems to not be able to get out of its own way at times. On defense it is a Capers run 3-4 zone blitz. Works great when the pass rush gets there, when it doesn't not so much. Sound familiar?

McCarthy is Mike Tomlin - just further into the Midwest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    McCarthy gets to play the Lions, Vikings, and Bears 6 times a season. For most of his tenure at least 2 of the 3 have been somewhere on a sliding scale between inept and kinda mediocre. McCarthy and the Pack are very similar to the Steelers. Loaded on offense. Playcalling seems to not be able to get out of its own way at times. On defense it is a Capers run 3-4 zone blitz. Works great when the pass rush gets there, when it doesn't not so much. Sound familiar?

McCarthy is Mike Tomlin - just further into the Midwest.

That's why packers fans want Capers to be fired, same thing for us with Butler if he does not change.

Senior Member Array title="Terrapinstation is on a distinguished road">

Every single talking head I"ve heard today have said it was a pathetic game plan and coaching effort. Of course, Ron Cooke and Andrew Filiponi saw it differently. Highly doubt our stellar media will even ask Tomlin, Haley, or Butler WTF they were thinking all game. Probably will ask Tomlin what he likes on his pizza

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

My question is did Butler even have a plan for this game. They played the same old tired ways. Don't you think Butler would have studied previous games and thought damn I need to try something else that ain't working.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

I don't think Tomlin should be fired I think he's a "good" coach. Although he needs to quit being a buddy to the players and instill some discipline and professionalism in his players.

Member Array title="lotas will become famous soon enough">

Keep in mind the game plan is only half of it, if the players don't execute and do their jobs, it's going to look like there was no gameplan. I think the defense (specifically the secondary) was thrown on their heels from the first few plays of the game, Brady just threw it downs their throats and scored 3pts right away and from that point on they never again established momentum forward, they were on their heels all game watching catches in front of them. I'm not sure there was a single pass defended in that game. A whole lot of catches and a few drops. The defenders were never in position to make a play on the ball or break up the pass, that's pretty sad. They got shell shocked.

The net positive for me from that game was I'm glad Ben played a good game, he showed poise and confidence in a big time game and did not make bone headed throws or decisions, he did not cost us the game.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I think that it would help if everyone stopped comparing Tomlin to Belichick.

Like him or not, Belichick is a genius. An immoral, cheating asshole... but, a genius nonetheless.

It is like we have a nice New York strip... and everyone is complaining that we don't have filet mignon (and many other have has McDonald's).

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    I don't think Tomlin should be fired I think he's a "good" coach. Although he needs to quit being a buddy to the players and instill some discipline and professionalism in his players.

Can you give us examples of Tomlin being a buddy coach?
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Like him or not, Belichick is a genius. An immoral, cheating asshole... but, a genius nonetheless.

It is like we have a nice New York strip... and everyone is complaining that we don't have filet mignon (and many other have has McDonald's).
    Agreed

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

I wouldn't say genius. He is consistent, patient and adaptable. He is very predictable, but no one wants to change their own game plan to out maneuver him.

Against the Steelers:
    1) You know he is going to double on Brown. (Go to the open man, instead of Brown.)
    2) You know he is going to stuff the run. (Change your run plays. If you don't change your tendencies, BB will have his team ready to stuff you.)
    3) You know he will try to disrupt Ben. (I don't know, maybe a play action pass or 2?)

On O, you know they will dink and dunk you until you do something to change. If you don't pressure and take away what they are comfortable with, they will run around silly on you. If you pressure, you better get Brady, and/or take away the short passes.

I'm not sure, but I think on one play, Hogan had a beach chair, sipping a coolie, with shades on right in the middle of our defense, and then he had time to catch a pass. I believe Brady also had time for a tanning bed session on a few plays.

You want to beat BB, you have to be able to adapt on the fly. Stay with your tendencies and formations, you are in for a long game.

Banned Array title="LloydWoodson is a glorious beacon of light">

I don't think the issue is adaptation. I think the issue is preparedness.

Remember the play where Butler intercepted Wilson to win the Super Bowl? That play would have worked against the Steelers 9/10 times and a lot of other teams too.

Malcolm Butler said he anticipated that play and that they had been working on it in practice that week because they knew the Seahawks like to run it.

Mike Mitchell said he hadn't seen that Pats flea flicker on film. The Pats just ran a flea flicker against the Ravens in December. They probably use theflea flicker more than anybody. They got a TD in Tomlin's first year off a flea flicker against us. Also it didn't work vs the Ravens because the safety stayed disciplined and was beaten on the throw but immediately tackled the catch but he wasn't fooled. He'd probably seen it on film.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Play action passes and QB sneaks do not have a place in the Steelers playbook.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    "Rodneys", says everything

Ron Cook: Spoiled fans take note: Another good season means Tomlin is staying put

In most cities, a Final Four appearance in any sport is a cause for a celebration. In Pittsburgh, we want to fire the coach and his top assistants when our team finally loses. How foolish we are. How spoiled.

read more

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/r...s/201701240026

It was the WAY they lost, which is understandable. There was absolutely no honor to be salvaged from that beatdown. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing "LeBeau Junior," Danny Smith and Haley taking a walk this offseason.

We know that the loss is very bad when our franchise QB is thinking about retirement after this game.

Has Danny Smith been fired yet???