Page 41 of 75 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 2224

Thread: FIRE MIKE TOMLIN!!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: FIRE MIKE TOMLIN!!

I'd love someone to name 5 coaches better than Tomlin. I'll wait

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Make sure we don't ever switch away from that zone coverage against Brady coach!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

I don't want to see Tomlin fired, even after today.

A couple of his assistant coaches? That's a whole different story.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I probably could but I don't have to.

Bellichick makes Tomlin look like a drooling stooge. You really think their talent is 4 touchdowns better than ours? The Texans with a statue as a qb gave the Patriots a better game with the Patriots coming off a bye week.

Simply put there's zero reason to ever think that Tomlin can overcome Bellichick. If the best you can do is a poor second with the talent they have then fine go ahead and settle. And being as I have no say in matters that goes for me too. But sometimes if the status quo isn't good enough you have to get away from your comfort zone and try something different.

Senior Member Array title="Terrapinstation is on a distinguished road">

I can't name 5 specific women that are better than my wife, but I'm sure they exist.

Just to play though:

Bellicheck
    Harbaugh
    Arians
    Reid
    Carroll

Remember, we have arguably a top 3 roster of talent in the league, the best RB in the league, and a franchise QB. Wonder what some other coaches could do with that?

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post

Bellichick makes Tomlin look like a drooling stooge. You really think their talent is 4 touchdowns better than ours? The Texans with a statue as a qb gave the Patriots a better game with the Patriots coming off a bye week.

Simply put there's zero reason to ever think that Tomlin can overcome Bellichick. If the best you can do is a poor second with the talent they have then fine go ahead and settle. And being as I have no say in matters that goes for me too. But sometimes if the status quo isn't good enough you have to get away from your comfort zone and try something different.
    But what, exactly, would you like him to try? And, if you say "man coverage," then I point you not to Tomlin, but to Butler. He's the OC. He's the one that must go.

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

CAN THE MODS CLOSE THIS THREAD, I PROMISE TO BECOME A CONTRIBUTOR
    "It comes with the Territory" - Floyd 'Money' Mayweather

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Make sure we don't ever switch away from that zone coverage against Brady coach!

I cant believe what i saw. Defensive schemes are not on the players thats on the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltreal View Post
    CAN THE MODS CLOSE THIS THREAD, I PROMISE TO BECOME A CONTRIBUTOR
    Then I'll start another.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapinstation View Post
    I can't name 5 specific women that are better than my wife, but I'm sure they exist.

Just to play though:

Bellicheck
    Harbaugh
    Arians
    Reid
    Carroll

Remember, we have arguably a top 3 roster of talent in the league, the best RB in the league, and a franchise QB. Wonder what some other coaches could do with that?
    Bellichick: yes, obviously
    Harbaugh: 31-33 and only one winning season since Ray Lewis and Ed Reed retired, no
    Arians: No Super Bowl appearance, 7-8-1 with one of the most talented rosters in the NFL a year after getting blown out in the NFC Championship game worse than the Steelers this year and by a weaker team, no
    Reid: 18 years, no Super Bowl win, always outclassed in the big game no
    Carroll: Arguably yes

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    I cant believe what i saw. Defensive schemes are not on the players thats on the coach.
    I agree...I dont get why we played zone basically the whole game?? Its insanity...where we paid off??? LOL...nothing surprises me

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Tomlin gets outclassed by Bellichick, who doesn't get outclassed by Bellichick?
    Eli Manning...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Bellichick: yes, obviously
    Harbaugh: 31-33 and only one winning season since Ray Lewis and Ed Reed retired, no
    Arians: No Super Bowl appearance, 7-8-1 with one of the most talented rosters in the NFL a year after getting blown out in the NFC Championship game worse than the Steelers this year and by a weaker team, no
    Reid: 18 years, no Super Bowl win, always outclassed in the big game no
    Carroll: Arguably yes
    The point is it doesn't matter. He can't beat Bellichick. The guy in Denver did last year with shit at qb. Pete Caroll should have. . Bellichick isn't God. He's not unbeatable. We just make him look that way. And it will never change unless we do.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

Terry Bradshaw was right. Tomlin is a cheerleader, doesn't know X's and O's. The gameplan was terrible

Outcoached by those assholes, again

The point is it doesn't matter. He can't beat Bellichick. The guy in Denver did last year with shit at qb. Pete Caroll should have. . Bellichick isn't God. He's not unbeatable. We just make him look that way. And it will never change unless we do.
    He's not unbeatable, but it's just really hard to, especially in New England.

Senior Member Array title="The Bark is a jewel in the rough"> The Bark's Avatar

In no particular order:

Belichick - Owns Mike Tomlin.

Carrol - Made the Patriots respectable before Tom Brady, great college coach and has won regularly with the Seahawks including SB.

Coughlin - Has won just as many SBs in tough media market, but has been competitive with more than one franchise and arguably had better overall teams with JAX.

Harbough - never had a losing season and arguably has a lessor QB with Flaco, but has owned Tomlin over the last few seasons despite losing the big game in December.

McCarthy - one losing season and beat Tomlin in SB. 8-8 doesn't seem to be a yardstick to measure his success by in the same manner Tomlin fans use it as justification despite playing perennial sad-sack Browns twice a year.

I think any of these coaches, if at the helm of the Steelers, would have more success than Tomlin. Just my opinion.

Member Array title="quistors is an unknown quantity at this point">

Y'all people are fucking ridiculous. Steelers had the 3rd best team in the NFL this year. Could Bill beat the Pats? NO. They are just are kryptonite we can't get past them if you want tomlin gone after this then steeler nation wants you and your hating ass gone. Stand behind the men as we win. Stand behind them as we lose. Each and every week y'all half way fans get on here complaining have some pride in your team tomlin will coach the steelers for as long as he feels like it and we will always be competitive end of story save your bitching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    In no particular order:

Belichick - Owns Mike Tomlin.

Carrol - Made the Patriots respectable before Tom Brady, great college coach and has won regularly with the Seahawks including SB.

Coughlin - Has won just as many SBs in tough media market, but has been competitive with more than one franchise and arguably had better overall teams with JAX.

Harbough - never had a losing season and arguably has a lessor QB with Flaco, but has owned Tomlin over the last few seasons despite losing the big game in December.

McCarthy - one losing season and beat Tomlin in SB. 8-8 doesn't seem to be a yardstick to measure his success by in the same manner Tomlin fans use it as justification despite playing perennial sad-sack Browns twice a year.

I think any of these coaches, if at the helm of the Steelers, would have more success than Tomlin. Just my opinion.
    Should have specified, I was thinking current coaches, and Harbaugh went 5-11 in 2015

Member Array title="quistors is an unknown quantity at this point">

The Texans have better defensive talent our defense wasn't AFC championship type defense we have a 5 year window for Super Bowls starting now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Nope.

The problem isn't Tomlin. It's LeBeau II.
    I don't think that's really fair.. our defense has improved considerably throughout the season with a very young defense and a lot of first year guys. Honestly I thought it would be at least another year before we even began to see improvements like we have.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG Ī-

Question, would you rather have Bill O' Brien as head coach? A guy who can't even get a double digit win season in the weak-assed AFC South?

- - - Updated - - -

Overall, the fire tomlin talk right now is ridiculous after an AFC Championship appearance and a 9-game winning streak with a young team after overcoming a 4-5 start. Let's keep in mind this team could have very easily mailed it in after being 4-5

Senior Member Array title="The Bark is a jewel in the rough"> The Bark's Avatar

Should have specified, I was thinking current coaches, and Harbaugh went 5-11 in 2015
    Yes, you're correct, I overlooked his 5-11 season. However, Coughlin isn't THAT far removed from coaching. Nevertheless, I think, for me at least, it's a combination of Tomlin's propensity to lose against teams under .500 and his showing up with the same gameplan against the Patriots time and time again. Like I said elsewhere, ultimately I'll reserve judgement until we see what he accomplishes whenever Ben retires. I'm satisfied he won a couple of playoff games this year, but last year's win against Cincy was a gift and prior to that, he'd been on what, a six-year drought? It's nice to say your team is competitive year in and year out, but 8-8 ultimately isn't a benchmark for greatness - especially considering some of the talent on the roster during those years.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN!!

McCarthy isn't that great. Take Rodgers away and he's average at best.

Tomlin had a great season for the most part. Not sure WTF they did for this week...actually, same shit they always do...

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

No one does less with more talent than Mr. T

i pity the fool

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Yes, you're correct, I overlooked his 5-11 season. However, Coughlin isn't THAT far removed from coaching. Nevertheless, I think, for me at least, it's a combination of Tomlin's propensity to lose against teams under .500 and his showing up with the same gameplan against the Patriots time and time again. Like I said elsewhere, ultimately I'll reserve judgement until we see what he accomplishes whenever Ben retires. I'm satisfied he won a couple of playoff games this year, but last year's win against Cincy was a gift and prior to that, he'd been on what, a six-year drought? It's nice to say your team is competitive year in and year out, but 8-8 ultimately isn't a benchmark for greatness - especially considering some of the talent on the roster during those years.

1. Coughlin's in his 70s.

2. Outside of the stars aligning just right and lightning striking twice in the postseason for him, his tenure in NY was pretty nondescript:

2004: 6-10
    2005: 11-5
    2006: 8-8
    2007: 10-6
    2008: 12-4
    2009: 8-8
    2010: 10-6
    2011: 9-7
    2012: 9-7
    2013: 7-9
    2014: 6-10
    2015: 6-10

So, 4 times in 12 seasons, he managed to crack 10 wins. How is that an improvement over what we have now?

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    McCarthy isn't that great. Take Rodgers away and he's average at best.

Tomlin had a great season for the most part. Not sure WTF they did for this week...actually, same shit they always do...
    Tomlin had a good season for the most part. But you can't keep failing the final exam to the point we did tonight without it really taking the tarnish off the good. I mean what would you grade tonight's effort? D- or F right? I'm sorry but I don't think our talent is inferior to theirs. I think our coaches don't know how to play that team.

Keep in mind though that this was the first time in 6 years they entered the playoffs moderately healthy and against Cinci they were down to the 3rd string RB and Ben missed a quarter of the game

Tomlin had a good season for the most part. But you can't keep failing the final exam to the point we did tonight without it really taking the tarnish off the good. I mean what would you grade tonight's effort? D- or F right? I'm sorry but I don't think our talent is inferior to theirs. I think our coaches don't know how to play that team.
    I would not disagree with that at all. You put the rosters side by side and the Steelers is much better.

This coaching staff has no idea how to play the Patriots. They throw the same game plan out there every time. Every game, Brady goes untouched and always has at least one receiver open on every play. The seam route is open for a big gain consistently and any receiver can settle down in the middle of the field in front of three Steelers defenders and make a 7-10 yard gain. We saw Edelman, Hogan and Blount do it. We've consistently seen Gronk run both those routes...yet neither is ever defended.

This team will never make it to the Super Bowl if they have to play New England. This game unfortunately went the exact way that I feared it would. I thought the Steelers would have about a TD more...so it was actually worse.

Look we all know Tomlin isn't going anywhere. Nor should he. He's an above average coach. Maybe elite? But damn it if I'm in charge he needs to answer some questions! He needs to explain what went wrong against the Pats and what he can change to make things different next time!

Every freaking 3rd down the Patriots have a guy wide open! I mean wide open! You shouldn't see guys that freaking open in the NFL! Particularly on every 3rd down! Meanwhile Brady is standing flatfooted in the backfield all day to get the ball there! I mean we make it too damn easy! And it's every damn game against them!

Please tell me something will be done differently next time!??!!

Junior Member Array title="Reggiotano is an unknown quantity at this point">

Tomlin is a terrible...never seen a coach(actually a cheerleader based on Bradshaw comments which he was correct ) do so little with so much talent. They'll never get to SB again and never beat the Pats. As soon as Ben retires they'll be .500 at best with him there. Sad thing is the Rooney's won't do anything about it until he's completely terrible so plan on mediocrity for years to come.