Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: FIRE MIKE TOMLIN!!

Banned Array title="jb500ex will become famous soon enough">

Re: FIRE MIKE TOMLIN!!

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    How come you don't post your wife's pic anymore?

Banned Array title="jb500ex will become famous soon enough">

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    LOL FS.

Guess ole' JB Troll forgot that after doing that, we actually started winning and came within a fieldgoal of making the playoffs last year.
    Did you go to the Almost made the playoffs at 8-8 parade ?

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Again, just out of curiosity, how many of yesterday's penalties were actually "non penalties". Like Troy and Mike Mitchells were in the Ravens game that cost us 30 yards but not fined.
    Truly, I don't remember any non penalties. However, this crew was atrocious because they missed a lot of holding calls.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by jb500ex View Post
    Does your mother still let you live in her basement?

muncher

can you imagine this team without ben?

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by muncher View Post
    Is that a trick question?

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Knew it was just a matter of time before the other half of the "clown posse" showed up...

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

After the 1999 season, the Steelers has decided to keep Cowher but they fired Tom Donahoe and that was after two non-playoff season

If the Steelers has not a winning season for a 3rd straight season, the Steelers will have to make major changes...If the Steelers have 8-8 or worse this year, next year will not be better because the schedule is going to be brutal

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post

If the Steelers has not a winning season for a 3rd straight season, the Steelers will have to make major changes...If the Steelers have 8-8 or worse this year, next year will not be better because the schedule is going to be brutal
    Oh hell, isn't that something to look forward to !

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by muncher View Post
    So, um...where were you last week? Did you get lost trying to find this forum or something?

Quote Originally Posted by jb500ex View Post
    Did you go play in traffic yet?

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Did you go play in traffic yet?

he got lost looking for the street

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Watching the Patriots truly suck on defense. No talent but ya know what they are not getting penalties and when one guy did he got an ear full and sent to the locker room a play before halftime. I read an article today saying how this team plays with too much bravado for a twice 8-8 team sitting at 2-2. And that's the damn truth the coaches should be building some humility. I hope they are terribly embarrassed . And I don't think a beating of the jags should be any reason to feel better
    Merry Christmas

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Watching the Patriots truly suck on defense. No talent but ya know what they are not getting penalties and when one guy did he got an ear full and sent to the locker room a play before halftime. I read an article today saying how this team plays with too much bravado for a twice 8-8 team sitting at 2-2. And that's the damn truth the coaches should be building some humility. I hope they are terribly embarrassed . And I don't think a beating of the jags should be any reason to feel better

Honestly I am not so sure they beat the Jags .... they ALWAYS give us a hard time even when we had good teams

so in my mind its no certainty we win Sunday and I am half tempted to lay some money down on the Jags but these steelers would probably break my bank like they break my heart so I won't

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    He also "neutered" Ben. Let's face it, while he hasn't been taking as much punishment as he has in the past, he doesn't have the same "mojo" he once had. When he's out there doing his thing, he is at his best, and why they continue to try to rein him in is beyond me. Ben is a playmaker. Let him make plays. It's almost as if Art II has a disdain for franchise QBs.

To me, it's not a coincidence that once he took over control of the team and started meddling in the football ops, it's been a consistent slide down shit mountain. As much heat as Tomlin and Colbert are rightfully taking, he should not escape blame himself.
    I see where you are coming from, but I feel not sure I agree with all of it. I wouldn't exactly say that Art has a disdain for franchise quarterbacks when he has stated that he would like for Ben to retire a Steeler. I feel that if Art did have such a disdain, Ben wouldn't be coming back when after his contract is up and we all know Ben will be a Steeler for the rest of his career. Plus, we don't have actual proof that he has really gotten in the way of things. If there is a newspaper article or anything that shows he has gotten in the way of things, then I stand corrected.

When it comes to Ben, I still think he is a play maker and an elite quarterback. He might not scramble as much anymore and make plays that way, but he can stay in the pocket more often and make a great pass to make a play because of an improved offensive line and the offensive system that calls for quick reads and throws which in turn is to help Ben with hits from opposing players. Maybe that is why some feel he doesn't have his mojo anymore. I think Ben still has a great arm. He can still throw deep, he can sling a ball in tight spaces, and he is pretty accurate. Plus his pocket awareness has really increased the past few years and he can still scramble and make a play when needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Yeah, it sure stopped Porter from getting ejected from a game for getting into a fight with a Browns player during pregame warmups...

It sure stopped Burress from spiking the ball in the field of play and turning it over after catching what would have been a sure TD pass...

It sure stopped the team as a whole from consistently coming up small in the biggest of games...
    And would allow players to be late to team meetings without being disciplined at all.

Senior Member Array title="MrPgh has a spectacular aura about">

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    I see where you are coming from, but I feel not sure I agree with all of it. I wouldn't exactly say that Art has a disdain for franchise quarterbacks when he has stated that he would like for Ben to retire a Steeler. I feel that if Art did have such a disdain, Ben wouldn't be coming back when after his contract is up and we all know Ben will be a Steeler for the rest of his career. Plus, we don't have actual proof that he has really gotten in the way of things. If there is a newspaper article or anything that shows he has gotten in the way of things, then I stand corrected.

When it comes to Ben, I still think he is a play maker and an elite quarterback. He might not scramble as much anymore and make plays that way, but he can stay in the pocket more often and make a great pass to make a play because of an improved offensive line and the offensive system that calls for quick reads and throws which in turn is to help Ben with hits from opposing players. Maybe that is why some feel he doesn't have his mojo anymore. I think Ben still has a great arm. He can still throw deep, he can sling a ball in tight spaces, and he is pretty accurate. Plus his pocket awareness has really increased the past few years and he can still scramble and make a play when needed.
    I don't know if Art II has a "disdain" for franchise QBs per say, I just think he badly lacks the football acumen to understand how the game has changed over the years.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The steelers are the worst team in the AFC North....Unacceptable

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The steelers are the worst team in the AFC North....Unacceptable
    I am Dwinsgames and I approve of this message

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

And after this week, nothing was done to discourage the title of this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Fire Kevin Colbert as well

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Fire 'em!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

#BlameBieber

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

If the steelers miss the playoffs, Colbert and tomlin need to get canned.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    If the steelers miss the playoffs, Colbert and tomlin need to get canned.
    Something will need to be done if that's the case. This team should be at LEAST 8-2 right now. The loss to Tampa Bay and today's loss are inexcusable.

I can almost give them today's loss based on the fact that they played a hard fought game against the Ravens and this is the classic "let down" game...but the Jets are just terrible and the way the Steelers played today...it was just flat, energetic, unprepared, shitty play calling...just all around a poor effort.

The worst part about it is, now the steelers are looking at getting the 18th, 19th, or 20th picks, the worst picks. Get low draft pick without the benefit of making the playoffs

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

FRUSTRATING AS HELL!

I remember he asked for his players to show some urgency in the preseason. How about you show some urgency when we play a sub par opponent?

Shameful. I know it is part of our history, but it is time to change that trend.

Thee Conservative Steeler Array title="steel9guy is on a distinguished road"> steel9guy's Avatar

I don't care if you beat indy and the ravens. If we continually lose to BAD!!!! teams you need to evaluate the coach. I"VE HAD IT!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

The Browns are in 1st place now! LMAO!