Page 12 of 75 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: FIRE MIKE TOMLIN!!

Thee Conservative Steeler Array title="steel9guy is on a distinguished road"> steel9guy's Avatar

Re: FIRE MIKE TOMLIN!!

I have something for Tomlin. Run the ball more with Bell. Instead of stupid play calls on 4th down.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zoneblitzerII View Post
    The logic in that is as follows:
    if the kick is good you win the game.
    if not you still turn over the field.
    if you go for it and do not make it, you turn over possession.
    if you go for it and make it, you prolong possession.
    One play absolutely ensures victory in that scenario, unequivocally. And that is why the announcers were a bit stunned as to why the "Coach", chose not to go for it.
    now, you can say the kicker is struggling and he sucks yadda yadda, but, he is, after all, an experienced long range kicker who has shown to be physically capable of performing such feats AND in sports, you usually allow players to work through their struggles to achieve success on the field.
    given all of these factors, the computer says kick no matter how much it makes you want to gag. You kick to win the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steel9guy View Post
    I have something for Tomlin. Run the ball more with Bell. Instead of stupid play calls on 4th down.

Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by killjoshscobee View Post
    Cant blame the coach for the incompetence of the players cock fag. Josh scobee missed two field goals and brown dropped a touch down pass... keep sucking cock faggot... pass your **** wife to me... maybe your daughter can watch
    Someone ban this assclown

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

One play absolutely ensures victory in that scenario, unequivocally. And that is why the announcers were a bit stunned as to why the "Coach", chose not to go for it.
    now, you can say the kicker is struggling and he sucks yadda yadda, but, he is, after all, an experienced long range kicker who has shown to be physically capable of performing such feats AND in sports, you usually allow players to work through their struggles to achieve success on the field.
    given all of these factors, the computer says kick no matter how much it makes you want to gag. You kick to win the game.
    Odds. It comes down to odds.

The FG try was not the best odds tonight.
    Most nights, yes.
    Tonight, no.

Thee Conservative Steeler Array title="steel9guy is on a distinguished road"> steel9guy's Avatar

Cant blame the coach for the incompetence of the players cock fag. Josh scobee missed two field goals and brown dropped a touch down pass... keep sucking cock faggot... pass your **** wife to me... maybe your daughter can watch
    Troll

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Cant blame the coach for the players not doing their fucking job and making plays.... you people are more fit to be raven fans...
    You can blame the coach for making dumb decisions. Following his fat gut that led him wrong...again. You can blame the coach for piss poor play calling...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

keep blaming tomlin for 2 missed field goals... stick to figure skating.. none of you ever had a good career playing ball.... cant blame the coach for the players not doing there job... more than enough chances to win that game
    And Tomlin blew two of them with his play calls on 4th down. He and Haley had a shit game plan from the start. Keep blaming the players...most of which played fairly well and ignore the source of the problem. Looks like your "ball career" was pretty much in the shitter too tough guy.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN!!

I'll be at 3601 South Broad Street in Philadelphia tomorrow. Come on down. You won't show. Mommy won't let you out that late.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

opcorn:

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    opcorn:

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Over throwing a pass to Antonio Brown with a running and shaky QB. Scobee has to make one sometime.
    I agree...you let the guy redeem himself and it will boost his confidence and now his confidence is definitely shot...if he misses oh well...i think our D was playing well enough to win but you still gotta try that kick anyway with a veteran kicker...he had plenty of leg...not like he was kicking them short

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

I couldnt have said it better

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

here's the latest NFL draft rumor:

the Steelers are trying to package Josh Scobee, Jarvis Jones, Cam Thomas, Landry Jones and Dri Archer for a new head coach...

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    here's the latest NFL draft rumor:

the Steelers are trying to package Josh Scobee, Jarvis Jones, Cam Thomas, Landry Jones and Dri Archer for a new head coach...
    DEAL.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Steelers out-kicked, out-coached in loss to Ravens

Bryan DeArdo
    Pittsburgh Newsletter

The Steelers outplayed the Ravens on Thursday, but inferior coaching doomed the Steelers in their 23-20 overtime loss to the Ravens.

Two mind-boggling fourth down calls set up Baltimore's game-winning field goal, a 52-yarder by Justin Tucker to hand Pittsburgh a loss even uglier than their Week 1 setback at New England three weeks earlier.

With Le'Veon Bell running at will-he finished with 129 yards rushing on 22 carries-Steelers coach Mike Tomlin and offensive coordinator Todd Haley elected to not give him the ball with the game on the line. After Bell gained 30 yards on three carries on the Steelers first drive of overtime, Pittsburgh went away from its running back, choosing instead to have Michael Vick pass, then and run for no gain on consecutive plays.

On their next possession, after a stellar defensive stand by its defense, Pittsburgh had the ball in field goal range on fourth and one at the Ravens' 33-yard-line. But instead of giving it to their All-Pro running back, and with no confidence in Josh Scobee, who missed two field goals and also deserves his brunt of the blame for the loss, the Steelers tried a low-percentage pass to Antonio Brown that expectedly fell incomplete.

Pittsburgh's defense, which played well for most of the night, finally gave up too much ground, as Joe Flacco moved Baltimore's offense 32 yards for the game-winning field goal.

Despite having arguably the best back in the NFL that spent most of the night shredding the Ravens defense, Pittsburgh's coaching staff instead put the game in the hands of Vick, who shouldn't have been put in that position in his first game as a starter. He played well, completing 19-of-26 passes, but when you have the best player at his position, his number must be called with the game on the line.

to read rest of article:

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Steele...vens--39883164

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

It was terrible...Tomlin is maybe the 3rd best HC in the AFC North right now.....

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

I just don't know how you could not have given the Ball to Bell in those situations. My god but, as usual Haley tries to get too cute then it cost the steelers the win.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Tomlin forgot to make the adjustment in his head that we had Vick playing instead of BB. The standard is the standard is a nice platitude, but realistically you need to account for talent among different players to plan successfully.
    All Defense!

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    It was terrible...Tomlin is maybe the 3rd best HC in the AFC North right now.....
    He could possible be the 3rd best coach on the Steelers. { Can't believe I said that.]

AML

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    He could possible be the 3rd best coach on the Steelers. { Can't believe I said that.]
    who's ahead of him, Munchak and Butler?

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

By season's end Tomlin (like every year with Ben) will be rated a top shelf coach.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    By season's end Tomlin (like every year with Ben) will be rated a top shelf coach.
    But for Tomlin,,will,it be warranted...

might want to cc Todd Haley on that memo to Tomlin...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    might want to cc Todd Haley on that memo to Tomlin...
    Haley only relays messages by napkin, not emails.

Junior Member Array title="blackngold8766 is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Odds. It comes down to odds.

The FG try was not the best odds tonight.
    Most nights, yes.
    Tonight, no.

whats up Teegre
    Understood odds weren't great based upon past experiences this season but what are your options the rest of the game. Unless they were going to score a td at some point you have to send him back out there. At that level if you don't have confidence in him at 50 yds I highly doubt you feel much better at 40 or 30.

Quote Originally Posted by blackngold8766 View Post
    whats up Teegre
    Understood odds weren't great based upon past experiences this season but what are your options the rest of the game. Unless they were going to score a td at some point you have to send him back out there. At that level if you don't have confidence in him at 50 yds I highly doubt you feel much better at 40 or 30.
    What's up, brother?

The last I heard from you, you were driving out to fix some powerlines... and then, Steelers Fever suddenly died. What I want to know is: what the hell did you do???

To answer your question:
    Honestly, I would have kept driving and driving until they scored a TD. I was having visions of the "Kris Brown FOUR missed field goal" game. Sometimes, guys just get into a funk... and Scobee was definitely in a funk; hence, I probably would not have gone with him even at the 10.

Good to see that you've found your way here. Welcome.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Time for a change?

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I've had enough of Haley's shit play calling, I know that much. It's like watching an 85-year-old woman trying to drive a Ferrari.

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Hi everyone. I was formally a Mike Tomlin supporter, but no more after today.

He is a turd that needs to be flushed.