Thread: Todd Haley missed Flight to Baltimore last Wednesday

Senior Member Array title="MrPgh has a spectacular aura about">

Todd Haley missed Flight to Baltimore last Wednesday

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Todd Haley missed Flight to Baltimore last Wednesday

I think than the entire offense miss the flight in Baltimore

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

It happens, smoke some weed, miss your flight.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrPgh View Post

…….and very disciplined.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

He needs to miss the flight home after our next game.

Senior Member Array title="Jaucer is on a distinguished road">

midwest ohio home of the MAC high school conference

See this is the shoddy reporting that comes out every day with the so called journalist. They only want to garner attention with a wow factor instead of reporting the news. Maybe he got caught in traffic to due an accident or something. The story doesn't even try to discern why he missed the plane. They just try to make it out as he is undisciplined or doesn't really care about his responsibilities to the team. Doesn't try to check if he called Tomlin and said hey I'm running late or I'm stuck in traffic, I won't make the plane, I'll catch a later flight and be there in time for team meetings.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaucer View Post
    See this is the shoddy reporting that comes out every day with the so called journalist. They only want to garner attention with a wow factor instead of reporting the news. Maybe he got caught in traffic to due an accident or something. The story doesn't even try to discern why he missed the plane. They just try to make it out as he is undisciplined or doesn't really care about his responsibilities to the team. Doesn't try to check if he called Tomlin and said hey I'm running late or I'm stuck in traffic, I won't make the plane, I'll catch a later flight and be there in time for team meetings.
    He could have been in the car with Bell & Blount too.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Dude, where's my game?

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Dude, where's my offense?

He should get a written and then fined next time. Can't lead from behind.
    All Defense!

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaucer View Post
    Bingo. And that's why the "mob rule" mentality persists today that steelreserve talked about in another thread. Real journalism is gone...it's all about "shock journalism" in order to pull in readers. As far as I'm concerned, it's just another "Officer Barbrady" type of story. Nothing to see here, move along...

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Talk about much ado about nothing . . . He gets stuck in heavy traffic, calls ahead, tells the others that he's not going to be able to make it on time, and still arrives in Baltimore before any of the team meetings begin.

And . . . ?
    Yep, no reason for this to even be reported.
    “I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!” - Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="one side only is a jewel in the rough"> one side only's Avatar

It is a story because Todd Haley has a history of odd behavior . . . from trashing the house he rented and backing out of an agreement to buy it, to stiffing the guy that watched their dogs, to the note he wrote on the napkin, Todd has behaved in a very strange way. They Haleys are a weird family. I would like to know what traffic he got stuck in, especially at that time of day. Sounds like a dog ate my homework kind of excuse.
    Last edited by one side only; 09-19-2014 at 04:54 PM.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by one side only View Post
    It is a story because Todd Haley has a history of odd behavior . . . from trashing the house he rented and backing out of an agreement to buy it, to stiffing the guy that watched their dogs, to the note he wrote on the napkin, Todd has behaved in a very strange way. They Haleys are a weird family. I would like to know what traffic he got stuck in, especially at that time of day. Sounds like a dog ate my homeworl kind of excuse.
    Have you ever tried driving to the airport from anywhere near downtown at any time of day? The Parkway West is a freaking nightmare to drive on. Traffic can be backed up in both directions for miles, sometimes for no reason at all. And if I'm not mistaken, there is ongoing construction from I believe Parkway Center out past the I-79 interchange. So yes, that most certainly is a valid excuse.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Bruce Arians never missed a flight when he was here. Fire Haley!

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Maybe I am in the minority but I enjoy these types of articles.

By the time I am done reading all of sarcastic, cynical and humorous posts here on SU I am usually laughing...and glad I took a much needed few minute break from the daily to grind to read these.

Thank you all for adding some humor to my day.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

If a player was late he would be reprimanded. Coaches are supposed to set an example. Maybe he was out getting supplies for the RBs?
    All Defense!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Have you ever tried driving to the airport from anywhere near downtown at any time of day? The Parkway West is a freaking nightmare to drive on. Traffic can be backed up in both directions for miles, sometimes for no reason at all. And if I'm not mistaken, there is ongoing construction from I believe Parkway Center out past the I-79 interchange. So yes, that most certainly is a valid excuse.
    Apparently, everyone else made it through the traffic on time.

I have to agree with one side only, if Haley didn't have a prior history of odd behavior, I wouldn't think twice about it. But he does, so...

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

I have to agree with one side only, if Arians didn't have a prior history of odd behavior, I wouldn't think twice about it. But he does, so...
    Now there is a Freudian slip. Of course, Haley's behavior could be the fault of Arians.

- - - Updated - - -

And BTW, if the team isn't disciplining Haley, who cares? Obviously blowing up a situation way out of proportion.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    WTF did I just watch???

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Bruce Arians never missed a flight when he was here. Fire Haley!
    REALLY!!You went there!

- - - Updated - - -

SOOOoooo many people wanted to fire Arians....well........ the minute Wiz left.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

I have to agree with one side only, if Arians didn't have a prior history of odd behavior, I wouldn't think twice about it. But he does, so...
    Now there is a Freudian slip. Of course, Haley's behavior could be the fault of Arians.
    Yeah, no lie. Fixed it.

Senior Member Array title="MrPgh has a spectacular aura about">

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post

- - - Updated - - -

And BTW, if the team isn't disciplining Haley, who cares? Obviously blowing up a situation way out of proportion.
    The point isn't just about this one instance, the point is that Haley has been a clown-act since he arrived in Pittsburgh.