Thread: ISIS attacks in Australia and US

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

ISIS attacks in Australia and US

Has anyone heard about this? Apparently Down Under ISIS members are taking people at random off the streets and be-heading them.

They are calling for same to occur in US.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Re: ISIS attacks in Australia and US

The plan was thwarted in Australia:

Australian police detained 15 people and raided more than a dozen properties across Sydney in the country's largest counterterrorism operation, saying intelligence indicated an attack was being planned on Australian soil.

Prime Minister Tony Abbott said he had been briefed on Wednesday night about the operation that was prompted by information that an Islamic State movement leader in the Middle East was calling on Australian supporters to kill.

Abbott was asked about reports that the people detained were planning to publicly behead a random person in Sydney.

"That's the intelligence we received," he told reporters. "The exhortations — quite direct exhortations — were coming from an Australian who is apparently quite senior in ISIL to networks of support back in Australia to conduct demonstration killings here in this country."

ISIL refers to the al-Qaida splinter group leading Sunni militants in Iraq, Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, which now calls itself simply Islamic State.

"This is not just suspicion, this is intent and that's why the police and security agencies decided to act in the way they have," he added.

Abbott did not name the Australian.

Police have issued an arrest warrant for a former Sydney nightclub bouncer, Mohammad Ali Baryalei, 33, who is suspected to be Australia's most senior member of the Islamic State group.

About 800 federal and state police officers were involved in the Sydney operation — the largest in Australian history, Federal Police Deputy Commissioner Andrew Colvin said. Police also conducted raids in the eastern cities of Brisbane and Logan.

One of those detained, 22-year-old Omarjan Azari of Sydney, appeared briefly in a Sydney court on Thursday.

Prosecutor Michael Allnutt said Azari was involved in a plan to "gruesomely" execute a randomly selected person — something that was "clearly designed to shock and horrify" the public. That plan involved an "unusual level of fanaticism," he said.

Azari is charged with conspiracy to prepare for a terrorist attack. The potential penalty was not immediately clear.

In court documents, Azari was accused of conspiring with Baryalei and others between May and September of this year to prepare for a terrorist attack. Allnutt said the charge stemmed from the interception of a phone call a couple days ago.
    http://news.msn.com/world/australian...nt-attack-plot

I'll just keep my mouth shut...

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Oh boy....

Senior Member Array title="blackngldblood has a spectacular aura about"> blackngldblood's Avatar

If ISIS wants to come to the U.S. And publicly behead people they got a little surprise comin their way. I know it's hard to get along in our political climate nowadays, but just one be heading on American soil would surely unite us and we would hand their asses right to them with the help of the military or not. At least I would hope so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hophead Array title="SCSTILLER has a spectacular aura about"> SCSTILLER's Avatar

But it is only women and children looking for a better life pouring across our southern border. If they aren't already here, they will be soon.

With that being said, I am glad I live in a pro gun state that has very pro self defense laws.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go!" -- John Muir

Just happy to be here!! Array title="Polamalu Princess has a reputation beyond repute"> Polamalu Princess's Avatar

God help us all.

Angel Baby Faith our one and only 1/11/00 - 9/9/16 We love you.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackngldblood View Post
    If ISIS wants to come to the U.S. And publicly behead people they got a little surprise comin their way. I know it's hard to get along in our political climate nowadays, but just one be heading on American soil would surely unite us and we would hand their asses right to them with the help of the military or not. At least I would hope so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lotta people walking around with concealed weapons (legally and illegally) in the U.S. too. So they'd also be taking the risk of having their own heads blown off.

I also think that any American citizen who heads over there to join up with them should be charged with treason and dealt with accordingly.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

So we are going to arm "moderate" terrorists, i mean rebels. Screw Obama, screw Boehner and screw the whole damn senate.

These moderates ...
    Syrian rebels pledge loyalty to al-Qaeda
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...ction/2075323/

Then it turns out several of the moderates dumbass McCain met with in Syria have been found out to be kidnappers, when was the last time McCain got something right? He's real close to being a GOP version of Biden

Whole thing pisses me off, when will we learn.We trained and armed Alqueda , when these moderates are done in Syria who do we think they will use those weapons on, who will their enemy be? They laugh at our government.
    Merry Christmas

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    So we are going to arm "moderate" terrorists, i mean rebels. Screw Obama, screw Boehner and screw the whole damn senate.

These moderates ...
    Syrian rebels pledge loyalty to al-Qaeda
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...ction/2075323/

Then it turns out several of the moderates dumbass McCain met with in Syria have been found out to be kidnappers, when was the last time McCain got something right? He's real close to being a GOP version of Biden

Whole thing pisses me off, when will we learn.We trained and armed Alqueda , when these moderates are done in Syria who do we think they will use those weapons on, who will their enemy be? They laugh at our government.

why wouldn't they laugh at them ? ( we do )

the problem is we have become to involved in everything ....

it is multiplied by the fact we no longer have the stomach for making the hard decisions ...

and then that is all multiplied many times over with the fact we would rather throw stupid money at short term solutions and bandaids all the while knowing later on its going to fester into something more problematic ...

the entire thought process is flawed ...

My Grandfather always said never spend 50 cents to save a dollar ( in other words do not do things half way or mask them , fix them correctly )

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Unreal.
    Official: Some Americans who fought in Syria have returned

Some of the estimated 100 Americans who have tried to get to Syria and join up with groups like the Islamic State have returned to the United States and are under FBI scrutiny, a top official told reporters on Monday.

For months, top American officials have warned that U.S. citizens trying to swell the ranks of the Islamic State and other groups fighting to topple Bashar Assad pose an exceptional security risk.

Asked whether there were 100 Americans now in Syria, a senior administration official told reporters that the figure “includes those who’ve gone, those who’ve tried to go, some who’ve come back and who are under active – the FBI is looking at them.” The official was speaking at a briefing organized by the White House; the ground rules required that the official be anonymous.

Earlier, Secretary of State John Kerry highlighted the administration’s concerns in an interview with MSNBC.

“We have over a hundred fighters there from America. They have passports. They can come back here,” having acquired deadly expertise on Syrian battlefields, Kerry said.

On Sept. 17, President Obama chaired a special meeting of his national security team that focused on the danger posed by American fighters joining the foreign cause.
    Read more: Official: Some Americans who fought in Syria have returned

The FBI is "looking at them." The same way they were "looking at" the Tsarnaev brothers, perhaps? Certainly makes me feel better about the whole thing...

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Bbehind every blade of grass will be an armed American. They might find some soft targets, but it would change the country for the better.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Bbehind every blade of grass will be an armed American. They might find some soft targets, but it would change the country for the better.
    hmmm, don't know. If a group of 10 guys with masks jumped out of a vehicle in downtown NYC, grabbed a person and proceeded to cut their head off right then and there, how many people would immediately jump them? How many would simply run? Stand around watching? Call the police while watching?

Now instead of NYC, how about some small town in BFE?

It would take a bit of time before people would band together "on the spot". And I'm not talking about people having weapons; the only true way would be for a crowd to rush them and show that it won't be acceptable, but the problem with that is no one wants to be the front-runners who take the damage.

On top of that, if an officer came upon them, he'd have to identify himself as such and get shot in the meantime. IF he opens up fire without a warning then you have a TON of lawsuits.

This country is screwed.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood