Thread: Browns Josh Gordon suspension to be reduced to 8 games

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Browns Josh Gordon suspension to be reduced to 8 games

When a new drug policy is approved as early as this afternoon, Josh Gordon's suspension expected to be reduced to 8 games, per source.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...31625944268801

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Browns Josh Gordon suspension to be reduced to 8 games

Goodell...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Good thing that is after the 2nd steelers game

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I'm all for decriminalizing marijuana, but this is really just making things up as we go along.

Plus, for all the bitching about suspensions being too harsh for smoking weed, Gordon is the one guy who deserves every second of his. Fine, you got caught smoking once, whatever. You then get caught smoking again, AND get two DUIs in the meantime while you're waiting on the first case. Dude is a dumbass who's lucky he isn't in straight-up jail. Missing the whole season is about right for him.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Seriously? Since when are they making changes to policies retroactive? He got what he deserved based on the drug policy that was in place at the time of the incident.

That will be a serious WTF? if that happens.

The NFL has become such a joke.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Seriously? Since when are they making changes to policies retroactive? He got what he deserved based on the drug policy that was in place at the time of the incident.

That will be a serious WTF? if that happens.

The NFL has become such a joke.
    Greg hardy may be asking those questions
    Merry Christmas

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Blame the NFLPA too. They were the ones pushing for this change in policy. The NFL and NFLPA are like Dumb and Dumber.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I'm at the point where I don't give a crap anymore. Suspensions given, then changed, then retroactively reduced. Not worth me worrying about it even with the Steelers. I feel so "meh" about the NFL right now.

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

If the Browns are 4-4 or 5-3 at the time he comes back this could make a huge impact on the AFC North.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

I think it's BS that they are retroactively cutting these punishments.

If the policy wasn't in place when you committed your offense, then you should have to deal with whatever punishment was deemed fit under the policy that was in place at the time.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

He might as well go to the CFL. He won't play in the NFL effectively anymore.
    All Defense!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    He might as well go to the CFL. He won't play in the NFL effectively anymore.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

You're pretty much witnessing the eventual signing of Josh Gordon to the Patriots in 2016.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    You're pretty much witnessing the eventual signing of Josh Gordon to the Patriots in 2016.
    Wonder if he'll appreciate the underinflated footballs...

Lol.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Color me shocked. I was really counting on him turning his life around.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Some people you just cannot reach until they fully self-destruct. They want the drama and attention in their lives. They do not want to do what others tell them to do. They want to follow their own path and make the small adjustments along the way. They are afraid of change, but actually have more volatility in their lives. They also rebel againt the establishment and think everybody else is wrong except themselves.

My dad was like that. The guy was always in and out of trouble and blamed everybody else including his family, for his problems.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Dumbass

Reading it closer, I see this time the positive test was for drinking alcohol. While I still think he's a dumbass since it's up to him to know the rules, especially given the added scrutiny and everything that he has on the line - separately from that, I don't think it's a good policy to ban people from alcohol, which is perfectly legal to drink, for failing a drug test.

"Guy has a pot problem? Let's ban him from booze! SOUNDS GREAT."

Yeah, I know the story, if you're that much of a fuck-up with pot, you're probably more likely to be a fuck-up with any intoxicating substance you can get your hands on .. or not. Just always thought that part of it was a bit extreme. I think they do it in the NBA too.

Oh, almost forgot, time to get some use out of the smilies!

See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Gordon is a joke!

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

I'm sorry but it's total bullshit to test the guy for alcohol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

It's not when the guy has "substance abuse" problems and previous issues/history.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

It's not when the guy has "substance abuse" problems and previous issues/history.
    Agreed. He wouldn't be getting tested if it weren't for his previous violations.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Agreed. He wouldn't be getting tested if it weren't for his previous violations.

Either way, the whole thing is set up for failure. Take a guy who's got a drug problem, and tell him to go the Mormon route, cold turkey from everything including alcohol? What do you expect is going to happen?

I could understand coming down hard on a guy if he continued to have alcohol-related PROBLEMS (DUIs, drunk in public, or the ever-popular 3am nightclub altercation). But testing for any alcohol at all is a joke. Alcohol is legal for anyone to buy. You can drink it without getting completely blotto every time. Hell, if you're at home, or at a bar and you call a cab and don't start any fights, go get as hammered as you want.

If you're not causing trouble, there is really no reason you should be busted for alcohol. And it sounds like that's exactly what happened - guy had some drinks and nothing bad happened, but got in trouble anyway. And unlike pot there's not even the fallback argument that "It doesn't matter whether you were doing anything wrong, like it or not, the fact is that it's illegal." The idea that you should have to become a teetotaler is just a bit out there if you ask me.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

If the NFL wants to be serious, why not refuse all sponsors that make or sell alcoholic beverages?

Yeah, didn't think so.