Thread: The Bright Side.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The Bright Side.

The Steelers will play in no more Thursday Night games the rest of the year.

I always hated these games before, I hate them now, and I will hate them for the rest of my life.

Senior Member Array title="blackngldblood has a spectacular aura about"> blackngldblood's Avatar

Re: The Bright Side.

When's the last time they won on a Thursday night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by blackngldblood View Post
    When's the last time they won on a Thursday night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They haven't. They're 0-4 in Thursday games under Tomlin.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Wikipedia has their record at 5-2 on Thursday night games through last year, so 5-3 after last night. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thursda...otball#Results

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAsteeler View Post
    They haven't. They're 0-4 in Thursday games under Tomlin.

Since 2007,they are 4-4 on thursday night football,but 0-3 since 2012

And all of his win was vs bad team

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Personally, I'm dead set against Thursday games because it doesn't give the players enough time to rest and they have less time to plan for the upcoming opponent. Interesting stats none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Since 2007,they are 4-4 on thursday night football,but 0-3 since 2012

And all of his win was vs bad team
    Seeing as the Steelers have a hard time beating bad teams, going back to the early 2000's, that's actually a decently impressive stat that we're beating bad teams on Thursday night. Can't do it on Sundays.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Seeing as the Steelers have a hard time beating bad teams, going back to the early 2000's, that's actually a decently impressive stat that we're beating bad teams on Thursday night. Can't do it on Sundays.

The steelers always winning against the bad teams when they had a very good season (12-4)

Right now, the Steelers are not a good team, so it's normal to see the steelers lose against bad teams too.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I always remember that horrendous 2009 games vs the Stains on Thur night. They couldn't do anything right and lost on the road w/Ben as QB. That one was just as bad as this one in ugliness.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I hate the Thursday Night Games.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

I stand corrected then.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Excuses, excuses. Baltimore played the previous Sunday too. We just didn't execute, just like the 2nd half of the Cleveland game.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Thursday night games are only an advantage if you get to play them in week 1 or coming off a bye (I'm not sure if that ever happens but I've never thought about it before) because it's kind of like getting another bye week afterwards without a short week before. Not saying they are ever an advantage for us in particular, but in theory...

I don't know how long they've been doing this but the Super Bowl champion always gets to host the first Thursday night game of the season (except the Ravens got screwed out of that home opener the season after they won it because of the Orioles). Did we get that Thursday home opener in 2009?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Thursday night games are only an advantage if you get to play them in week 1 or coming off a bye (I'm not sure if that ever happens but I've never thought about it before) because it's kind of like getting another bye week afterwards without a short week before. Not saying they are ever an advantage for us in particular, but in theory...

I don't know how long they've been doing this but the Super Bowl champion always gets to host the first Thursday night game of the season (except the Ravens got screwed out of that home opener the season after they won it because of the Orioles). Did we get that Thursday home opener in 2009?
    Just looked it up. We did win the Thursday night home opener against the Titans in 2009 (in overtime).

Senior Member Array title="plenewken will become famous soon enough">

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Personally, I'm dead set against Thursday games because it doesn't give the players enough time to rest and they have less time to plan for the upcoming opponent.
    Isn't it the same for the other team?

Senior Member Array title="one side only is a jewel in the rough"> one side only's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
    Isn't it the same for the other team?

Almost the same; the Ravens didn't have to travel. That's why the home team almost always win on Thursdays.