Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Steelers @ Ravens Game 2 Sept 11 2014

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Re: Steelers @ Ravens Game 2 Sept 11 2014

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Every week would be like this if Ben wasn't usually above the line.
    That's right, but the only way we have a competitive chance is if he plays like a QB who is at the top of his game. He should be the smartest he's ever been, the sharpest he's ever been, the most savvy he's ever been, the most accurate he's ever been.

Ben is something special and I'm grateful we have him, but I agree that you can't really say he's underrated. The reason he's generally not held in as high regard as P. Manning, Brady, Brees, or Rogers is because he isn't as good as any of them. He probably has more physical talent than any of them and that's why it's frustrating when he doesn't play up to it.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Steelers @ Ravens Game 2 Sept 11 2014

If Ben really wants to get his due, then he needs to elevate this team above 8-8. The Steelers just cannot afford to have a mediocre offense anymore. Our D is very young. Our team is inexperienced. He's one of the oldest players on the team now. He should be a leader and upping the team around him.

So far, he hasn't done that, and games like last week don't help. Getting outscored 50-9 in six quarters is downright inexcusable. Both Brian Hoyer (2nd Half) and Moonball Joe have outplayed Ben in skill and efficiency these past two weeks. They made the plays and managed their offenses. Ben did not. We're still the same inefficient, inconsistent, no-identity, sloppy offense we had under Arians. Fire Haley, right?

Ben is the best Steelers QB in years and I'm glad he's here, but let's face facts. He'll never be respected as a top-line Quarterback until he has ups his game. It's as simple as that.