Thread: Philly Burger Joint says LeSean McCoy Left 20 Cent Tip

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Philly Burger Joint says LeSean McCoy Left 20 Cent Tip

The owner of a popular local restaurant is accusing LeSean McCoy of being “shady" with his gratuity. According to PYT owner Tommy Up, the star Eagles running back left a 20 cent tip during a visit to the popular burger joint.

Up says the ordeal began when McCoy and his friends arrived at the restaurant Monday afternoon.

“He was there with his friends at the bar,” Up said. “We thought we were all cool. It was lunch time, we knew who they were and we gave him our A-game.”

After the group left, Up said the waiter who served McCoy came up to him with a confused look on his face.

“He said, ‘I just got left 20 cents,’” Up said. “I was like, ‘why?’ He was like, ‘I have no idea! I thought we were cool!’”

Source: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...274407851.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Philly Burger Joint says LeSean McCoy Left 20¢ Tip

Not sure if real but here's the "receipt."

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Living in Denver, I know Elway still has a reputation for being a complete dick to restaurant wait staffs.

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Maybe that's all they deserved?
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

2 sides to every story. lets not forget philly has arguably the most abrasive and hostile fan base in all of sports
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I knew spitters for bad tippers.
    All Defense!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Shady

Senior Member Array title="XxKnightxX has a spectacular aura about"> XxKnightxX's Avatar

I went to a breakfast spot in the outer banks last week. Took an hour to get me biscuits and eggs. I was on the verge of just walking out from being on an empty stomach. I still tipped the lady a good amount. Yet this guy is a millionaire and leaves 20 cents. At least have the balls to say why you tipped like such a douche

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    I went to a breakfast spot in the outer banks last week. Took an hour to get me biscuits and eggs. I was on the verge of just walking out from being on an empty stomach. I still tipped the lady a good amount.
    Was the place busy or empty? That makes a difference too. If a place is packed, I generally cut them a lot of slack as far as wait times go.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

I tip at least 15% no matter what, unless the service or food is truly horrid. And this guy tips only 20 cents? Black people in general have a reputation for being lousy tippers. Thanks for promoting that stereotype, McCoy. You turdburglar.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Re: Philly Burger Joint says LeSean McCoy Left 20 Cent Tip

If I was a celebrity I would leave a decent tip just to keep my name out of the paper for being cheap. Can't win that battle.
    All Defense!

Bleedin' the B&G Array title="Steelman has much to be proud of"> Steelman's Avatar

After reading the article it sounds like the server really F'd up the service. But I still probably would give a better tip in that sort of situation.

"The 20 cent tip was kind of a statement," McCoy told reporters Thursday afternoon during a scheduled press conference. "I didn't do anything wrong and if I had to do it again, I'd do it the same way."

"Just to be honest, like I'm always, I tip on my service. I think there's a difference between good service and bad service or just having a bad day. There's a big difference with just being rude and disrespectful. That's how that went," McCoy said.

"In any restaurant I go around in Philadelphia, I tip very well. I'm very respectful," McCoy said. "You can't be disrespectful and just expect somebody to tip you. I don't' care who the person is. That's why I left my card, so they could see my name. Simple as that."

"If you check on that restaurant, the backlash that has from everybody talking bad about that place, but good food, good food," McCoy said.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

OK, well then I stand corrected. I still wouldn't have left a 20 cent tip if the server was like that. I've have left no tip at all. As I said, that is the only way I would ever walk out of a restaurant without tipping the server.

Winning!

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    I tip at least 15% no matter what, unless the service or food is truly horrid. And this guy tips only 20 cents? Black people in general have a reputation for being lousy tippers. Thanks for promoting that stereotype, McCoy. You turdburglar.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Dwinsgames

don't look now but the receipt is on ebay and the bid at this moment is at $99.900 .............. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Football-NFL...item4d2422e8e3

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Still 20 cents more than what Mr. Pink would have tipped him

don't look now but the receipt is on ebay and the bid at this moment is at $99.900 .............. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Football-NFL...item4d2422e8e3
    Someone has more money than sense...

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

God Bless America! (May not ship to Canada. Love it)

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Someone has more money than sense...
    lots of someones ... bid started at just 20 cents ....

as I refer to those kind of people ... all Dollars and no sense ( cents )