Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ravens terminate Ray Rice

Re: Ravens terminate Ray Rice

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    But NO ONE dared to say Dan Rooney was a supreme hypocrite in this event by giving Harrison a pass. Yes, kick in the door, slap your sons mother, then take your son to be *baptized*…..that made it okay.
    Actually, that's wrong. theres massive thread on the old site about it, and there's a few names from here that did speak out against it. FS, LLT, HTG, BlastFurnace, myself . . .

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Actually, that's wrong. theres massive thread on the old site about it, and there's a few names from here that did speak out against it. FS, LLT, HTG, BlastFurnace, myself . . .
    Speak out about what, Rooney's decision to do nothing to James? I think I can remember some didn't agree with that. But I don't remember anyone pointing out the nonsense of Dan Rooney's reasoning, that James actions were justified because he wanted to take his son to be baptized. Rooney's justification of this, to me equaled and possibly surpassed James error imo.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    See? And that's what we mean when we say Goodell knee-jerks to the media. Nothing changed here except that there was a big emotional uproar over the video being shown in the media, and instantaneously, the hammer comes down. You could say the same thing about the original suspension - spins the wheel and lands at two games, big outrage in the media, all of a sudden, tough new policy. Same thing dozens of times on the concussion issue, on rule changes, on one-off discipline cases for years. They change rules on a whim in the middle of a season now - which would have been unthinkable in the past unless maybe somebody got killed. EVERY time the media gets excited about a subject, he comes up with some immediate and sweeping change. Unless the subject is that Goodell is a turd, in which case it'll be ignored, and hey - record revenues. I'm afraid the only thing that could get him to leave office is a meteor to the head.
    This is exactly my issue as well. And now he's gone from a slap on the wrist to basically ruining Ray Rice simply to cover his own ass with the media again. But none of it has been motivated out of any sense of doing what was right.

And as Craic pointed out, I was one of the ones who spoke out back in 2008 and wanted Harrison off the team at the time. Turns out he hasn't been involved in a similar situation since. And unlike Rice, he immediately owned up to it when it happened, as opposed to the BS from Rice about "defending himself and took it too far."

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Put Goodell in the ring with Rice in a steel cage match. Winner stays and loser permanently banned.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Someone send Barry Goldwater Jr. to good ole "Rog", pat his back and tell him he's done.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...-lines-reports

For those trying to make the case the victim shares in culpability.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Dwinsgames

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...-lines-reports

For those trying to make the case the victim shares in culpability.
    don't matter what she did ...a man can ALWAYS choose to walk away

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    don't matter what she did ...a man can ALWAYS choose to walk away
    Preaching to the choir, but not everyone thinks as we do, and in this case the victim was not provoking the situation as was claimed.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    This is exactly my issue as well. And now he's gone from a slap on the wrist to basically ruining Ray Rice simply to cover his own ass with the media again. But none of it has been motivated out of any sense of doing what was right.

And as Craic pointed out, I was one of the ones who spoke out back in 2008 and wanted Harrison off the team at the time. Turns out he hasn't been involved in a similar situation since. And unlike Rice, he immediately owned up to it when it happened, as opposed to the BS from Rice about "defending himself and took it too far."
    I called for them to trade Harrison after that incident.